Don't Starve Together - May QOL Update

@JoeW Could the recent encounters be changed to allow you to open steam profiles of players you've played with again? This would make it easier to add people you didn't get a chance to add in game, find the profiles of griefers among other things as we were able to do before. For the servers I administrate it's invaluable for people to be able to link the steam profiles of people who have griefed, and players often found the steam profiles in the recent encounters before this feature was changed.

I like the favorite-food idea as a way of balancing out some unused recipes, and the character descriptions are just a theory OR speculation thread waiting to happen. I hope the recent encounters function gets reverted back, however.

Let me guess, the boy scout is going to be able to sell popcorn as a way to drive mobs away from him.

Walter: "Hiya Deerclops could I interest you in some popco-".

Deerclops: "Oh! Uh... I'll buy some on the way out."

*Never Does*

3 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

It also doesn't even make sense. he's a child for pete's sake!

Yeah...but he's wearing a full-grown spider's skin...and chances are they've fused into one being.

Dear God this went weird really fast The spider'll still produce silk is what I'm saying.

7 hours ago, JoeW said:

We don't have the "Big pile of Spool" ready just yet, but you can click this link here to get yourself 850 points and maybe pick up something nice for yourself. 

Quick question about this, I clicked the link and got this message-

1590712900114.png

At this point I have received 850 points from a Twitch drop (shout out to longshot_plays). Are these points the same thing, or is there some issues with the above link atm?

1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

It means you already got it.

I was getting the message about an hour before I got the Twitch points (or even attempted to get Twitch points), and I didn't get the points until I used the Twitch link. I kinda figured they were the same thing though.

I hope to have more expansionary contents, such as oil, electricity, new resources and new energy. At present, there seems to be no difference between Moon Island technology and ancient technology.:whistle:

12 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

At this point I have received 850 points from a Twitch drop (shout out to longshot_plays). Are these points the same thing, or is there some issues with the above link atm?

You can't get points from a twitch drop. 

15 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I got them through this-

1590714828636.png

My points went up accordingly directly after clicking the link.

"Twitch drop" may have also been the incorrect terminology (i'm extremely new to Twitch).

Klei is at it again! In quarantine, and yet, they can still push out updates! I know this one is smaller, but it's still amazing! Also, love the new skins!!! :wilson_laugh:

Also, I'm really looking forward to that new character, looks interesting for sure, and I can't wait for the lore and short too!!

Edit: Another thing, the description of the character's past actually adds new lore!!!! Which is AWESOME!!! It fills some strange gaps, like how Woodie became able to control his wereforms and how he got 2 new forms! I also like how characters like Wigfrid and Webber it says "Is yet to be revealed", meaning that we will probably know their lore in the future!! Great job Klei, seriously, this "small" update is awesome... as always! :D

Hey for some reason I can't open my day 696th world on the PS4, whenever the world loads in it just, crashes... I don't know what's the cause of it honestly. But for some reason, my other newer worlds and my abandoned day 1500 world works fine i think... has this happened to anybody else?

34 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Twitch drop! Dang thanks for reminding me JoeW, guess I’ll be back in about 6 hours, this small quality of life update adds some of the things Xbox players really needed (like a random toggle for weather seasons & Actual In-Game Lore without having to dig through online videos & various websites to find it, it gives people who bought the game but do not actually follow your shorts and shared lore here on these forums some tiny tidbits of what the games lore is about) but I hope this is only the start of QoL improvements, I would like to see many things in the future added to a QoL patch, such as being able to “lock” skins and belongings so you won’t accidentally unravel them. Or Archipelago world gen settings, also under Cinematics I would love to see all your animated shorts added there for my eyeball viewing pleasures :) 

As always- Thanks for these game updates and yeah uhh I’ll be back in a few hours I got a Twitch thing to go watch. 

Archived