Don't Starve Together - May QOL Update

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

So no lore? :_

i hear that only free characters have lore

Phew!!! That made me feel good... (That he'll be a dlc character) Well, Wurt, Wormwood, etc etc they got a short, but no lore... I expect the same for the little boy scout...

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Also there’s this- I love being able to see my entire character roster and the outfits I have them dressed in. 

This is definitely a cool feature. If there's a character you don't own, the character is in darker colors and in a resting animation. Looks great.  

2 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

Phew!!! That made me feel good... (That he'll be a dlc character) Well, Wurt, Wormwood, etc etc they got a short, but no lore... I expect the same for the little boy scout...

Why don't you want lore for him :c he could explain a lot about the world... Probably about what's happening outside the Constant at the exact moment RoT is happening (assuming he comes from the real world) Perhaps he is the "another one of your kind" that passed through the Gorge!

16 hours ago, Canis said:

The nipples make this 10x worse.

Also how the hell have I not seen this before?

you have not seen it before cuz i literally draw this just to make this joke 

22 hours ago, JoeW said:

We don't have the "Big pile of Spool" ready just yet, but you can click this link here to get yourself 850 points and maybe pick up something nice for yourself. 

I consistently get an "internal server error" whenever I try to follow that link. I also can't claim the points for having subscribed to the Klei newsletter. I am currently sitting at 850 points, no idea if one of the two worked but not the other. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Never expected Beards to be handled so weirdly... why aren't they like Wurt's Powerup/Woodie's (still non existent and probably not for a looooong time) Transformations? I feel like either reworking the beard component to work with skins like this or just put the beard into the character's file would have been a better way to handle it instead of making a new menu just for beards

25 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Never expected Beards to be handled so weirdly... why aren't they like Wurt's Powerup/Woodie's (still non existent and probably not for a looooong time) Transformations? I feel like either reworking the beard component to work with skins like this or just put the beard into the character's file would have been a better way to handle it instead of making a new menu just for beards

Because you can mix and match beards now. You can have a Snowfallen beard on Roseate Wilson and etc. 

Who knows? Maybe the beards tab is currently a placeholder for other skins like more beards or Woodie's transformations.

...I dunno, I'm not a dev. :wilson_ecstatic:

1 hour ago, pecknxck said:

Anyone know if you can mix and match beards and head skins, or do they automatically apply? sorry if this has been answered already =:<

You auto-equip whichever beard corresponds with your skin of choice if applicable(except for the Snowfallen for some reason), but can switch beards with the Clean Sweeper no mater which skin you have equiped.

23 hours ago, JoeW said:

Bernie is now shown on the map screen

Finally! I am so thankful for this! I've lost count of how many times I've lost Bernie somewhere and never found him again :'(

Great update as a whole!

• Developer
9 minutes ago, Rishain said:

can you only switch beard types with the clean sweaper? im trying to change my beard time but i dont see any tab for it, also why is there no fire beard

It'll also switch it you change the head with the Wardrobe, if you have the matching beard.

As for why no fire beard, more beards are coming :)

35 minutes ago, Paskap said:

Maybe it is not a new character on this teaser, but Webber character update teaser? (Not eaten by spider Webber).

...it all makes sense now!

deepfriedsoyousay.png.d478aecba53d32e783825c7e507e0124.png

Just now, PeterA said:

As for why no fire beard, more beards are coming :)

WE NEED MORE BEARDS!

SMASHH.png.218c1b1aa3b8c7db081ee632822b93bc.png

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Because you can mix and match beards now. You can have a Snowfallen beard on Roseate Wilson and etc. 

Who knows? Maybe the beards tab is currently a placeholder for other skins like more beards or Woodie's transformations.

...I dunno, I'm not a dev. :wilson_ecstatic:

Abigail has alternate skins though.. why isn’t there a tab for Abigail skins? Lol I agree That having a tab labeled as Beard skins is slightly weird.. But I guess maybe it’s because Abigails flower can be crafted to change Abigail and Wilson’s beard just grows out naturally over time.

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Abigail has alternate skins though.. why isn’t there a tab for Abigail skins? Lol I agree That having a tab labeled as Beard skins is slightly weird.. But I guess maybe it’s because Abigails flower can be crafted to change Abigail and Wilson’s beard just grows out naturally over time.

Hit the nail right on the head there, bud: because Abigail is spawned from a craftable object, her skins are classified as Belongings.

Archived