The Forge Beta Announcement

JoeW

That Quick Match thing, I seriously appreciate that feature. Manually finding people to play with on random server is hard enough but with The Forge set up like this, finding people to play The Forge with would be a breeze. Thank you Klei!

Question: Should all six player slots be filled before The Forge match begins, or can people chose to play with only 3~4 players in the team if they wish?

See you guys on the 23rd, cheers!

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

No, event servers are provided by Klei

Well that's good.

It took Valve three different events to see that community hosted servers are a bad idea when prizes are attached.

Whoever there at Klei came to this decision should be given a pat on the back with a thumbs up.

See: Server admins abusing anything and everything to get more out of events compared to normal people joining the server, idle-server-does-everything-for-you servers, mods that make the event impossible to complete on fake honeypot-like servers, etc.

I'm legitimately concerned about the servers that will be provided won't be enough to handle the amount of people trying to participate. I trust Klei that they know what they are doing, but I don't know if the amount of people will cause severe issues. Perhaps it'll just be best to wait a bit after the initial rush.

16 minutes ago, TealsMyth said:

So will there be a lobby while waiting for players? And if this is the case will it not start without all player slots filled? So many Questions...

I'd hope there'd be a matchmaking system, I only have one or two other friends who are into DST as much as me.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

I'm legitimately concerned about the servers that will be provided won't be enough to handle the amount of people trying to participate. I trust Klei that they know what they are doing, but I don't know if the amount of people will cause severe issues. Perhaps it'll just be best to wait a bit after the initial rush.

Well they did mention that stress testing the servers was part of the reason for the beta.

17 minutes ago, ShadyPK said:

so..no playing with friends? Hopefully that's not the case that we can play with just friends for these events. I guess it'll make more sense when it's out

You and your frends + random people if party is not full, that's how matchmaking works

More of the question of how the event is even going to be designed to encourage players to play it for more then thirty minutes.

If it's literally just an arena battle, they're either going to have to make it ridiculously hard so it takes numerous plays to even win once; or it'll require grinding. All the same, more content that technically isn't being added to the game it's just existing in the game for a set period of time before it's removed. Because making content just to discard it is a popular developer process these days apparently.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

-snip-

pshirt.thumb.png.19d9835fe98d615e9fd3271daf0cc56e.png

Yikes, I swear I recognized that lame base. It looked awfully familiar and... I was right.  Ehem, if anyone was wondering I never really play Wolfgang that often. So excuse the mediocre Wolfgang gameplay. 

Source: DST - Latest Version of Gift Drop Unboxing Rev. 161456

On another note, I hope that the Forge will have it's own flair for giving gifts and maybe even a event specific "Research Lab" to open gifts with.  Maybe. Just maybe.

...slinks away slowly from embarrassment of Wolfgang gameplay ...

Will there be servers in different regions? Doing combat focused stuff with lag is an absolute nightmare. Also any chance we can party up with friends in a pseudo lobby screen before the search for matches? Or will there be a lobby screen/area before the actual event bits start in the servers (like the character select screen, but everyone has to "ready up" and such)

17 hours ago, Zillvr said:
  Hide contents

Yikes, I swear I recognized that lame base. It looked awfully familiar and... I was right.  Ehem, if anyone was wondering I never really play Wolfgang that often. So excuse the mediocre Wolfgang gameplay. 

Source: DST - Latest Version of Gift Drop Unboxing Rev. 161456

On another note, I hope that the Forge will have it's own flair for giving gifts and maybe even a event specific "Research Lab" to open gifts with.  Maybe. Just maybe.

...slinks away slowly from embarrassment of Wolfgang gameplay ...

It was shamelessly taken from Google. Busted and guilty as a Catcoon stealing a stack of x40 grass. Next time I take a picture with such a nice base I'll  make sure to give you credit. ;) No sarcasm; that base is alot prettier than many of mine. :D

Archived