The Forge Beta Announcement

JoeW

Ah darn. Well you heard him, everyone back to posting about why X character is too strong and memes.  /s

But in all seriousness, I'll try to help out best I can and that's totally unrelated to the chance i could get another pleated shirt. :> 

19 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Really, I don't need everybody to be "more helpfuller" just not "less helpfuller" =)

Our helpfulness is already UPGRADED TO THE MAXIMUM LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all honesty, though, this is genuinely the nicest fandom I have ever participated in, and I feel like a lot of it is how you Devs are always so interactive, so thank you.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

I am going to be opening a new forum section and taking notes of helpful users. I will hand out some item codes to helpful users once the official event starts.

I can see it now: Someone asks a question and instead of the usual 2-3 answers saying the same thing there's going to be hundreds of them.

1 minute ago, charlie001 said:

so there not up yet and will most likley be filled soon as there up. thank you.

I don't think there were such limits to these servers, since thery will live only for a short time and it would be really unfair if we had to wait a lot to get to play it. I believe that every time there are enough new players wanting to play the Forge, there will be a new world for them. At least that's what seems the best solution to me.

23 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I don't think there were such limits to these servers, since thery will live only for a short time and it would be really unfair if we had to wait a lot to get to play it. I believe that every time there are enough new players wanting to play the Forge, there will be a new world for them. At least that's what seems the best solution to me.

There's 498 Klei hosted Forge Servers online right now across 25 regions.  This number has fluctuated over the past few hours (up to 534), but it's safe to say that Klei expects roughly 3000 players to beta test the Forge. 

The servers are running 7 different versions of the game, but most (466) are on version 238699.   So, it seems Klei is still updating some of them to the latest version before the beta test begins.

EDIT:  And in case anyone's interested, here are the 25 regions (as indicated by the server names):

Spoiler

ap-southeast-1a (4 Servers)
ap-southeast-1b (4 Servers)
asia (33 Servers)
australia (10 Servers)
chile (13 Servers)
dubai (37 Servers)
eu-west-1 (3 Servers)
eu_east (35 Servers)
eu_north (34 Servers)
eu_west (39 Servers)
india_east (9 Servers)