The Forge Beta Announcement

JoeW

• Developer
5 hours ago, Kaio17 said:

is there a max level ? pretty sure the reward are based on level right?

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm not sure how levels work to be honest.

From what I've seen, levels just show how much you've played, and you get a chest for every new level you reach, with completely random contents inside (maybe with an increased drop rate on rare items, like in other events). It might have a limit, but no one I know has reached it yet, if it exists.

I reallllyyy hope they do what, for example, Overwatch does. And that when you hit a certain level, the amount of XP needed to level up stays the same for every future level, allowing you level up indefinitely. If they don't do this then It punishes people who are high level with less rewards.

10 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

I reallllyyy hope they do what, for example, Overwatch does. And that when you hit a certain level, the amount of XP needed to level up stays the same for every future level, allowing you level up indefinitely. If they don't do this then It punishes people who are high level with less rewards.

It wouldn't be less rewards o-O. Unless you're assuming level from the beta carries over—which I would assume it doesn't.

Just now, Zeklo said:

It wouldn't be less rewards o-O. Unless you're assuming level from the beta carries over—which I would assume it doesn't.

Nah what I mean is like, if levels from events carry over from event to event. People who are higher level could have a real hard time getting the new chests if they're high level. Plus, I dont want to have to grind for days in order to get a chest If im really high levelled, so having the XP cap at some point would be best.

28 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

Nah what I mean is like, if levels from events carry over from event to event. People who are higher level could have a real hard time getting the new chests if they're high level. Plus, I dont want to have to grind for days in order to get a chest If im really high levelled, so having the XP cap at some point would be best.

Ah! I see, since the reward pool would change but not the rate at which we level. Makes sense.

2 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

From what I've seen, levels just show how much you've played, and you get a chest for every new level you reach, with completely random contents inside (maybe with an increased drop rate on rare items, like in other events). It might have a limit, but no one I know has reached it yet, if it exists.

I prefer this system for getting items instead of the randomized system in the main game. Makes me feel like I've earned my keep.

25 minutes ago, Cryingsin21 said:

explain why i see this on someone youtube channel, is the halloween skin out or not?

I know you can see how skins you don't own look on a character. I'd assume that would be how. I can't remember off-hand if those were a choice though. They'd have to be I guess.

• Developer
Just now, Zeklo said:

I know you can see how skins you don't own look on a character. I'd assume that would be how. I can't remember off-hand if those were a choice though. They'd have to be I guess.

I was just checking my curio cabinet, and didn't find those as choices, so that's really weird.

3 hours ago, Butterfly771 said:

What is the difference between the new version of the server and the old version? Is there a tutorial?

I assume you're talking about the forge servers. These servers are hosted by Klei essentially. When you "host" one, be it public or private, you're basically borrowing the server from Klei :D meaning you wont have admin privileges or any modability.

On 10/25/2017 at 1:45 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

I was just checking my curio cabinet, and didn't find those as choices, so that's really weird.

Actually, something similar to that happened to me when I was on the beta. At the very beginning, every character had the skins I'd equipped on them from the main branch, but upon exiting the customization screen, they had the default stuff they should've had.

Assuming the same happened to him, that means he hadn't played Wilson since last Halloween, and that was just what he had equipped on him.

Archived