The Forge Beta Announcement

JoeW

1 hour ago, Pebrot said:

Is the beta going to be a Pc exclusive or will be on PS4 too? I feel like klei don't give much importance to console versions...still waiting for some news from Winona release...:bi_polo: 

The beta will only be on the PC. It makes more sense to test things on pc plus it takes time to move things over to console.

I just had another thought, are we still gonna get the Halloween event? Cus it seems we wont have long left unless you do it after Halloween. Plus It could clash with the beta... I'm sure it'll be fine! i want another shot at the tophat skins :c 

As I understand it, adding new content to console games is expensive and complicated because the developer must pay a fee to the console company, and some aspects don’t work at all because of proprietary barriers presented by the console makers. If there are betas run on console, they might be native or exclusive to that console and get some special deal for that. Someone else might be better able to explain exactly what the details are, but the issue is that it’s just not as simple as adding new content or making changes to the PC version and all of that is because of the makers of the console itself and not the developers. You might want to look into this yourself to get the details and then address your complaint to Sony. 

28 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

And Weendy - a bit like Hellion from "Darkest Dungeon".

Klei helped some funding on the game, so it might be  jut a "Thank you" reference.

Halloween sounds like they're putting a lot of effort into it... If it's going into November... Maybe they're dding some Dia De los Muerto- WILTON?!58003789b65b3_Arielshoujoweebie.png.a68c0181ffdf7001704102c4f1e7a9d1.png

25 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

As I understand it, adding new content to console games is expensive and complicated because the developer must pay a fee to the console company, and some aspects don’t work at all because of proprietary barriers presented by the console makers. If there are betas run on console, they might be native or exclusive to that console and get some special deal for that. Someone else might be better able to explain exactly what the details are, but the issue is that it’s just not as simple as adding new content or making changes to the PC version and all of that is because of the makers of the console itself and not the developers. You might want to look into this yourself to get the details and then address your complaint to Sony. 

The fees don't exist. At least, for independent developers. This is now why there is an influx of games getting released that aren't "complete" (No Mans Sky, cough). However, it does cost Klei in terms of man-power to port the content over to console. The problem is the long approval process. 

I am not too educated in this topic and I am not a game developer, this is just what I've heard and what I've concluded based on research. 

59 minutes ago, Toast1070 said:

The fees don't exist. At least, for independent developers. This is now why there is an influx of games getting released that aren't "complete" (No Mans Sky, cough). However, it does cost Klei in terms of man-power to port the content over to console. The problem is the long approval process. 

Thanks for clearing this up!

Archived