The Forge Beta Announcement

JoeW

6 minutes ago, Instant-Noodles said:

There's 498 Klei hosted Forge Servers online right now across 25 regions.  This number has fluctuated over the past few hours (up to 534), but it's safe to say that Klei expects roughly 3000 players to beta test the Forge. 

The servers are running 7 different versions of the game, but most (466) are on version 238699.   So, it seems Klei is still updating some of them to the latest version before the beta test begins.

EDIT:  And in case anyone's interested, here are the 25 regions (as indicated by the server names):

Reveal hidden contents

ap-southeast-1a (4 Servers)
ap-southeast-1b (4 Servers)
asia (33 Servers)
australia (10 Servers)
chile (13 Servers)
dubai (37 Servers)
eu-west-1 (3 Servers)
eu_east (35 Servers)
eu_north (34 Servers)
eu_west (39 Servers)
india_east (9 Servers)
india_west (4 Servers)
japan (38 Servers)
peru (9 Servers)
poland (20 Servers)
south_africa (14 Servers)
south_america (9 Servers)
us-east1-b (4 Servers)
us-west1-b (1 Servers)
us-west-2 (5 Servers)
us_east (32 Servers)
us_north_central (39 Servers)
us_southeast (30 Servers)
us_southwest (33 Servers)
us_west (39 Servers)

where are you getting that from

12 minutes ago, Little Game Dev said:

I am still a bit confused on how I can access the Forge Beta. I live in Canada so my time zone is 3hours ahead, I have been on the lookout for the Beta but so far I haven't found any Klei servers hosting the Beta. Am I doing something wrong? 

The instructions are here

25 minutes ago, KoreanWaffles said:

I JUST OPENED MY FIRST ELEGANT

Reveal hidden contents

pGsyee2.png

My face when I open it

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_inline_ng1lu7rZvl1rj19th.png

My face when I realize beta drops don't transfer over to the live branch

Reveal hidden contents

emote1.jpg

Klei pls ;~;

Don't worry, even though you might won't have these given skins anyimore, but for the beta participation a loyal rarity pleated shirt will be provided for you. And loyals are even better that elegants! :p

Edit: btw, how long did it take to find the first elegant? Which level did you achive?

7 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Don't worry, even though you might won't have these given skins anyimore, but for the beta participation a loyal rarity pleated shirt will be provided for you. And loyals are even better that elegants! :p

Edit: btw, how long did it take to find the first elegant? Which level did you achive?

it's random. You could get it at level 2.

I got a Fire Staff elegant at level 5, but since I never use them I just converted it into spools. Gotta get that Wigfrid elegant (even though I'm buying them all anyway...)

21 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

The Forge gift and skin system seems so awesome... It'd be really neat if it was here to stay all year long. The interface seems cooler too.

This x1000. The new system is so awesome. I'd love it if instead of getting gifts with 1 item normally, you get a gift box to open up in the treasury which could contain all new profile icons, banners and such (since currently, all icons and such are event exclusive marked which seems... odd. I fail to see how a pengull is forge related but ok :D ). Sure this would require diluting the pool with more "trash" items so people don't earn elegants like crazy.

Also, when we eventually get the Halloween event, can we get some spooky profile icons, backgrounds and vignettes? :D 

Archived