Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

14 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

They were buffed a lot. Single player thermal stones doesnt last that much in their hot/cold status and they can be warm in summer and cold in winter making them give the opposite effect that is wanted

In dst they last a lot, they dont get cold/warm by ambience temperature and doesnt break if you dont let them go to gray status. They are OP

To be clear, what I was saying in my post was that I would be fine with them FULLY returning to how they are in regular DS.  The way they can turn warm in summer and cold and winter, I'd put up with, if I didn't have to worry about durability.

...but again, that's just me.  I also tend to keep both kinds of fire materials on me at all times, so I'd be more ready for that than some.  (Cue the screenshot of that one time I had enough _grass_ in summer but forgot to keep track of my NITRE, and probably would've died if I hadn't been playing as (reworked DST version ) Willow...)

imgonnafry.png.19fc67018b100d06dbbe9a3b9801542b.png

(...okay so USUALLY I'm prepared to make extra fires during the day if necessary. : P  As you can see from the sliver of dusk, this was indeed the dead of summer.  Thank goodness the Cherry Forest has both kinds of boulders, same as regular forests.)

Yes, there's turning Chester into an Ice Chester, but seeing as how if he dies in a different form IT FREAKING RESETS (and during large hound attacks, that can happen easier than you think) I've only bothered with special Chesters a couple times.  But again, others might think differently.  (Also in multiplayer, more than one person might be travelling in summer and need an Ice Chester at once, so it wouldn't be a solution for everybody.)

AAANYway.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica

Spoiler
On 3/11/2021 at 10:56 PM, Combustiblemon said:

Do they regrow? I never heard about that.

and why they are not re-plant-able for decoration purpose

plant.png

They do in fact re-grow, I used to burn all of them, specially in the caves where I fished for Eels and they kept reappearing after some time, I just never knew it was every summer (I'm glad you showed me this). On consoles these bastard coated plants are more than an annoyance when you can't aim your fishing rod properly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mooseducky said:

Quick question.

With klaus on more and with winter feast on, does anyone know the day count that the sack spawns. 20 days is normal, so would it be 10 days? Thanks team

I think with klaus set to max you get him 3 times every winter

• Like 2

On 3/10/2021 at 8:02 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Is possible to encage a krampus? I was thinking about making a little square with walls but i dont know if they need a bait or if they could eventually despawn

It's possible to glitch a Krampus to basically turn into a statue. He becomes invulnerable, his AI disables, and he doesn't despawn. I've seen it seemingly done on purpose on a public server once, and someone asking about it on Reddit. The guy on Reddit said he killed the Krampus just as it teleported away to cause the glitch.

I don't know if it persists through server restarts, though.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Thanks 2

On 3/14/2021 at 7:53 PM, Cheggf said:

I don't know if it persists through server restarts, though.

He just disappears. I once had ol' 'kramps as a "sandbag" for my boofs before, but after boof pen fire incident, we rolled back and he's just gone.

• Sad Dupe 1

26 minutes ago, Baguettes said:

Will burning their houses work as a temporary fix for this? (Extinguishing them with a watering can afterwards, of course.)

Sounds about right. Would be easier to wait for a dev fix though.

Is nightmare fuel an organic or inorganic resource?

I have this question everytime I'm sorting resources and I have to place nightmare fuel in the organic resources chest group or the inorganic chest group.

I always place it in the organics chest because it comes from living creatures as beardlings and nightmare creatures, you can craft it from evil flowers and it has a face. But this makes this item even more interesting, the ancients experimented with these living things, why are they alive? What were they before being nightmare fuel? What's their purpose?

Anyway, dark sword op.

After months and months of tireless endless searching I have FINALLY been able to secure my next Gen Xbox consoles.. 

YaY! But now I have some questions I would like to ask MrJoeW specifically about that new console & DS/DST

certain Xbox One games have a little icon next to them that reads as Optimized for Series X/S in most cases: Such as Gears of War 5 this just means prettier graphics and faster frame rates- but in OTHER cases such as State of Decay 2: This will mean more actual detail to the world and environment such as more foliage and plant life etc..

So my questions are: Will DST be optimized for my Series X? Which does not seem likely to happen after I read a recent post on the PS4 Forums where the Devs responded about PS4/PS5 differences not being possible due to Sony having rules against it.

OR will I need to Buy/Upgrade to a NEW Next Gen version of DS/DST? 

Or- is there no plans in the works to optimize DST for Series X/PS5?

Now that the new consoles are here.. people need to start asking Klei these questions.

And Klei- Needs to know this much: Since there literally isn’t ANYTHING worth playing on the new consoles yet, & A next Gen version/optimization of DST would garner a lot of attention since there’s currently no other games to compete against it that have release yet- A lot of people are awaiting their responses to these questions.

I hope next Gen questions start getting asked & answered sooner rather than later..