Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

Are the forums for this game dying?

They seem a lot less active than they used to be, and used to I could message JoeW or Any other Dev to ask questions about the game or get advice from them, but the forums no longer let me send JoeW messages.. and a good majority of threads are ending up instantly locked.

Did new ownership over Klei also instate new rules?

All I wanted to do was ask if the new twitch drops were available on Xbox yet.. as I have had no luck in obtaining them, Twitch shows I’ve completed the unlock requirements but the items don’t show up in my recent discoveries in game, Nor do they show up on the Klei Rewards page in my DST Inventory.

Is the Smitening Rod just not in my version of the game yet?? Or has other players on Xbox been able to claim & I’m just doing something wrong? :( plz help 

Also what are the chances Klei can also update the game so I can apply this skin as a boat mast upgrade as well?

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Sad Dupe 1

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

They seem a lot less active than they used to be, and used to I could message JoeW or Any other Dev to ask questions about the game or get advice from them, but the forums no longer let me send JoeW messages.. and a good majority of threads are ending up instantly locked.

Did new ownership over Klei also instate new rules?

All I wanted to do was ask if the new twitch drops were available on Xbox yet.. as I have had no luck in obtaining them, Twitch shows I’ve completed the unlock requirements but the items don’t show up in my recent discoveries in game, Nor do they show up on the Klei Rewards page in my DST Inventory.

Is the Smitening Rod just not in my version of the game yet?? Or has other players on Xbox been able to claim & I’m just doing something wrong? :( plz help 

Also what are the chances Klei can also update the game so I can apply this skin as a boat mast upgrade as well?

This always happens in-between major RoT updates. A majority is here for RoT.

If you want to see a dead forum head out to Hot Lava's.

Messaging moderators directly is not something that should be feasible on any forum, as they inevitably get flooded with a number of notices they cannot realistically keep up with.

These things have nothing to do with Tencent.

Can't help you with the Xbox, as I am unfamiliar with its update processing.

None. It's a lightning rod, not a mast add-on.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

After the game’s main release and before the first “A New reign” update the forums activity slowly started to fade away.

Back then we didn’t even know there was a posibility that the game would be receiving updates or new stuff, as far as we knew it was a complete indie game and that was it. After a while the forums stopped receiving new threads almost entirely. I kept logging in expecting to see some news but there wasn’t much.

The only thing that kept going daily, non stop, even in the most silent days, were Minespatch’s memes in the Maxwell memes thread. So in a sense she kept the forums alive on her own for a LONG time which is an amazing feat honestly. You could still log in every day for your daily dose of memes :)

Anyway, all this story is a bit to back what well met said, when there are no updates the forums start to slowly get less activity until, if enough time passes by, go to a virtual hiatus. Right now since we do know for certain new updates are coming, fortunately that silent state of the forums will not happen any time soon.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The only thing that kept going daily, non stop, even in the most silent days, were Minespatch’s memes in the Maxwell memes thread. So in a sense she kept the forums alive on her own for a LONG time which is an amazing feat honestly. You could still log in every day for your daily dose of memes 

5c009c3b504bf_Arielnaughtywebbrowsing.thumb.png.e945748cccac21020fc8c6cc6a62fd61.png

• Like 8
  • Big Ups 2

2 hours ago, Spino43 said:

Why frogs attack giants and even raidbosses like Dragonfly and not Treeguards?

There's a hidden truce between frogs, spiders, spider queens and treeguards.

56 minutes ago, Fridgetty said:

how long does it usually take to tame a beefalo? 

Without a beefalo brush, if you do everything perfectly, 20 days. Realistically I always get it around day 22-23 since the taming starts.
With a beefalo brush you can decrease that time to 15 days, if you do everything perfectly. 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2021 at 12:21 AM, HellHeater said:

Why am i seeing a lot more threads about griefing lately?

292162212_Screenshot_20210331-002526_SamsungInternet.jpg.fb491c380a3298b3bff3a6b50fc68c32.jpg

Gold is soft too irl

Yeah but that wouldn't explain why we have golden tools that have more durability than normal ones and battle gear that is more efficient than normal helms and spears. A small damage reduction from falling objects would be nice.

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

4 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

Yeah but that wouldn't explain why we have golden tools that have more durability than normal ones and battle gear that is more efficient than normal helms and spears. A small damage reduction from falling objects would be nice.

Don't get hit 4head

10 hours ago, Pinegrove said:

1272468389_Screenshot_20210401-202953_SamsungInternet.jpg.4ee9de0a74ed60c9f1fbc83a4c982f8e.jpg

• Like 2

Hey, is it normal, that beefalos don't care about being killed by deerclops or is this a bug? He slaughtered two herds yesterday and they initially put up a fight, but after a while, when they returned from frozen, they just showed the idle animation or went back to sleep and didn't aggro on him anymore at all until dead...

• Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

Hey, is it normal, that beefalos don't care about being killed by deerclops or is this a bug? He slaughtered two herds yesterday and they initially put up a fight, but after a while, when they returned from frozen, they just showed the idle animation or went back to sleep and didn't aggro on him anymore at all until dead...

They probably got de-aggroed by getting frozen and then immediately went back to sleep. Did they fight back while they weren't frozen? 

4 hours ago, Pinegrove said:

They probably got de-aggroed by getting frozen and then immediately went back to sleep. Did they fight back while they weren't frozen? 

I'll try to reproduce this today and see, but should they be de-aggroed by being frozen in the first place, since it also counts as an attack? If I remember correctly it was attack - freeze - being hit into motion again - carelessly nom the grass - being hit - nom - die.

Edited by Falkenpelz
  • Like 1

Beefalo in heat lose agro extremely easily. So they’ll attack a couple times and then probably give up, in this case fall asleep, and have to re-agro when something gets close again. But deerclops doing 150 damage and freeze attacks doesn’t really give them time to re-agro.

On 4/3/2021 at 3:08 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Now that Wes is actually fun & Semi-Useful are people still hosting “pick Wes= Ban” servers?

The problem was never really Wes in the first place. People want to "optimize" their server, but I just don't understand why make such a server public in the first place. When a "Wes level" person can pick Wolfgang and die in the next two days.

• Like 2