Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

When will the kind folks at Klei detail their next Gen plans? Will I need to re-purchase the game again? Will all my skins and progress transfer to the new Xbox? Will people who already own it be given a free upgrade? (like how Minecraft was a few years back) Will there be new content for the PS5/Xbox Series X? 

I am concerned that all the skins I’ve bought/earned aren’t going to carry over if I have to buy a whole new “version” of the game.

To be clear: I’m not talking about the current game being Backwards compatible, I’m talking about the one specifically designed to harness the power of the new consoles.

These are need to know questions without need to know answers, and I hope they get answers soon because I just got my new console :) 

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

When will the kind folks at Klei detail their next Gen plans? Will I need to re-purchase the game again? Will all my skins and progress transfer to the new Xbox? Will people who already own it be given a free upgrade? (like how Minecraft was a few years back) Will there be new content for the PS5/Xbox Series X? 

I am concerned that all the skins I’ve bought/earned aren’t going to carry over if I have to buy a whole new “version” of the game.

To be clear: I’m not talking about the current game being Backwards compatible, I’m talking about the one specifically designed to harness the power of the new consoles.

These are need to know questions without need to know answers, and I hope they get answers soon because I just got my new console :) 

why would you need to buy again the game if the new xbox is compatible with old generation games

i didnt see any ps5 player buying dst2, they still playing the ps4 version

not a confirmed thing, just my guess

you could buy a cheap computer instead and buy for 5€ dst to have mods

6 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

What are Rock Lobsters useful for in DST? I thought about using them to help me fight Toadstool.

You can park one at the guaranteed APSS so the pair of bishops are permanently distracted by it, even if you reset the ruins.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

why would you need to buy again the game if the new xbox is compatible with old generation games

i didnt see any ps5 player buying dst2, they still playing the ps4 version

not a confirmed thing, just my guess

you could buy a cheap computer instead and buy for 5€ dst to have mods

Because its been stated by a dev that the game could be further optimized on ps5. There are rules in place that do not allow them to show one version preference over another nor optimize it over another. The only way around it is to make a new DST game that is specifically tailored to the ps5. 

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

You can park one at the guaranteed APSS so the pair of bishops are permanently distracted by it, even if you reset the ruins.

I heard you can do similar thing with anenemies and Ancient Guardian. They would keep damaging AG and after many days it would die without a player doing anything.

Edited by inferjus4

7 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

What are Rock Lobsters useful for in DST? I thought about using them to help me fight Toadstool.

You can kill fuelweaver with them and you don't need nearly as many as in the video.

26 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

I heard you can do similar thing with anenemies and Ancient Guardian. They would keep damaging AG and after many days it would die without a player doing anything.

This is correct. Make sure that when placing the anenemie they do not occupy the mobs spawn point. It has to be far enough to still hurt it but not close enough that when the mob spawns it uproots the anenemie.

• Health 1

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

This is correct. Make sure that when placing the anenemie they do not occupy the mobs spawn point. It has to be far enough to still hurt it but not close enough that when the mob spawns it uproots the anenemie.

If you use Geometric Placement, you need to place the anenemy 2.5 "crosses" away from the spawn point. Closer than that and it will be dug up when the mob respawns. Further than that and the trap won't trigger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

If you use Geometric Placement, you need to place the anenemy 2.5 "crosses" away from the spawn point. Closer than that and it will be dug up when the mob respawns. Further than that and the trap won't trigger.

Yeah, that's what I said minus the use of geometric placement. I'm on console :P

I have a question though while we're on the topic of ruins exploring. I use the cave skeleton to clear them and wondered if the pieces still fall into the abyss? I remember reading it in patch notes a long time ago (about not falling in anymore), but I want to make sure I haven't been getting lucky.

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Because its been stated by a dev that the game could be further optimized on ps5. There are rules in place that do not allow them to show one version preference over another nor optimize it over another. The only way around it is to make a new DST game that is specifically tailored to the ps5. 

Would these same rules be in place for Xbox Series X/S though?

There are games on Xbox with a little logo that reads as Optimized for X/S, generally this means things like better graphics or faster frames per second such as Gears 5 but in some games case: Such as State of Decay 2- it means more actual scenery/plant/flora life etc..

I’m wanting to know what their intentions are for DS/DST on Series X.

Is there anything that Meteors won't destroy other than Catapults (who regen their health over time)?

I finally blocked every one of my Klaus spawns but one and I want to decorate my designated Spawn point with sculptures or some form of decoration but its partially in a meteor field. I'm pretty tempted to just turn meteors off (since I already have the celestial orb and a dragons hoard worth of nitre, rock and flint) but they're my main source of nitre since I turned Petrification to low (which I'm tempted to turn off completely).

I can always turn meteors off and then turn petrification off and on when desired to gather nitre and I can just get rocks from stone fruit but this would probably be somewhat painful and both rocks and nitre would no longer be anywhere near as abundant for me to farm when I want. I'd definitely prefer to just leave meteors on and turn petrification off and use something for decoration that can't be destroyed but I'm not sure what I can actually use..

I have a socketed green moonstone to mark the location and cobblestones laid down but what else can I place that won't be obliterated by meteors?

4 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Is there anything that Meteors won't destroy other than Catapults (who regen their health over time)?

I have heard that telelocator focuses are one of if not the only structure that cannot be destroyed by meteors. A bit more expensive than signs tho :D 

I have just started testing it and I don't have a relevant sample, so not 100% this works.

• Like 1

How do salt crystals work exactly? Wiki says that they will work on anything non-crockpot and non-plantable, however my cat has found some butter a while ago, and despite butter fitting the criteria, I can't preserve it with crystals. It is still green, so it's at more than 50%, and I wouldn't be benefitting completely from the salt crystal's ability, but I would still like it to be as fresh as possible when I put it in a bundling wrap. Is this a bug, or is it intended?

36 minutes ago, licet_insanire said:

How do salt crystals work exactly? Wiki says that they will work on anything non-crockpot and non-plantable, however my cat has found some butter a while ago, and despite butter fitting the criteria, I can't preserve it with crystals. It is still green, so it's at more than 50%, and I wouldn't be benefitting completely from the salt crystal's ability, but I would still like it to be as fresh as possible when I put it in a bundling wrap. Is this a bug, or is it intended?

Unless im missing something: veggies(i dont remeber if lichen can be store there), fruits (except glow berries), meat and eggs. All of them completly raw

So no ice, milk, butter, honey, lightbulbs, butterfly wings, birchnut seeds, seeds, glow berries, cooked veggies, cooked eggs or cooked and dryed meats

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
Added more examples
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, licet_insanire said:

Anything that has a cooked variant and isn't cooked yet. So meat- yes, jerky-no. Veggies-yes, honey-no. Butter has no cooked variant so it can't be stored. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1

8 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Container items such as backpacks, sea fishing rods, Walter's slingshot, etc. cannot be destroyed by meteors. However, their contents will be spilled and they will be pushed around.

Meteors can't pick things so stuff like flowers work. It also can't dig up spawners specifically so mole burrows survive. Of course, stuff that are indestructible in general like the stagehand or irreplaceables can't get destroyed.

8 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

I have a socketed green moonstone to mark the location and cobblestones laid down but what else can I place that won't be obliterated by meteors?

Moonlenses unfortunately do get obliterated by meteors; not even that is safe.

3 hours ago, BeeClops said:

I have heard that telelocator focuses are one of if not the only structure that cannot be destroyed by meteors.

They unfortunately do get destroyed; meteors essentially chop, dig, hammer, mine, and lureplant-style delete.

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

Anything that has a cooked variant and isn't cooked yet. So meat- yes, jerky-no. Veggies-yes, honey-no. Butter has no cooked variant so it can't be stored. 

This is mostly correct; the base rule is indeed that it needs to be cookable, but there's also an additional rule to exclude deployables. I.e., seeds and birchnuts.

Edited by Crestwave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lemoncello said:

Can you give Pearl any warm-clothing items and any umbrella-umbrella like item for when it is raining/snowing? I wanted to give my Pearl a hibernation vest and eyebrella, only the best for the best, “Am I right, Pearl?”

I thiunk you cant give her head gear, and I also think you can only give her tier 2+ winter chest gear and an umbrella for the hand

I've tried giving her a dapper vest (tier 1 winter clothing) and she didnt take it

Edit: nevermind, according to the wiki 

Edited by Wardin25

49 minutes ago, Lemoncello said:

Can you give Pearl any warm-clothing items and any umbrella-umbrella like item for when it is raining/snowing? I wanted to give my Pearl a hibernation vest and eyebrella, only the best for the best, “Am I right, Pearl?”

No idea about eyebrella, but I tried hibernation vest and it didn't work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Unless im missing something: veggies(i dont remeber if lichen can be store there), fruits (except glow berries), meat and eggs. All of them completly raw

So no ice, milk, butter, honey, lightbulbs, butterfly wings, birchnut seeds, seeds, glow berries, cooked veggies, cooked eggs or cooked and dryed meats

6 hours ago, BezKa said:

I think I was unclear before. I am talking about the preserving function of salt crystals (i.e. giving freshness back), not the salt box. The in-game prompt that pops up when you try to use a salt crystal on a perishable food is "preserve", so that's why I used that verb even though I wasn't talking about the salt box. But yeah, I understand where the confusion comes from.
So do crystals work on the same things on which the salt box works? it seems a bit silly to me, but if that's the case, I guess it makes sense

23 minutes ago, licet_insanire said:

I think I was unclear before. I am talking about the preserving function of salt crystals (i.e. giving freshness back), not the salt box. The in-game prompt that pops up when you try to use a salt crystal on a perishable food is "preserve", so that's why I used that verb even though I wasn't talking about the salt box. But yeah, I understand where the confusion comes from.
So do crystals work on the same things on which the salt box works? it seems a bit silly to me, but if that's the case, I guess it makes sense

Salt Crystals have the exact same limitations as the Salt Box.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, HellHeater said:

If i watch streams and get all drops but not entering game will they stack up or will they reset

Bc i want thise skins and probs i cant play the game for now 

They should stack, just make sure you are claiming them as you unlock them.