Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

So the Beefalo Bell and Beefalo Grooming Station are now available as basic resources outside of the year of the Beefalo event?

And it is only the Judges Booth/Judging Podiums/Sewing Kit/Beefalo Dolls/Lucky Nuggets that remain Event Exclusive?

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

So the Beefalo Bell and Beefalo Grooming Station are now available as basic resources outside of the year of the Beefalo event?

And it is only the Judges Booth/Judging Podiums/Sewing Kit/Beefalo Dolls/Lucky Nuggets that remain Event Exclusive?

you got it.
only the bell and the station stays.

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Shouldn’t the Beta for next update be starting soon so they can start ironing out all the bugs ahead of its full release? 

If by soon you mean in 2-4 weeks, then yes.

Roadmap said the beta would start in April.

16 minutes ago, Lemoncello said:

Are bees renewable.

Yes!

16 minutes ago, Lemoncello said:

And if so, would they respawn only by normal bee hives or are beehouses affected it too?

Both beehives and beeboxes will regenerate bees over time if a bee is captured/killed and it belongs to a hive. This includes the beebox at Pearl’s island, too (which indirectly means even if every bee was killed on the mainland, her beebox can still be a way to replenish bees to make new beeboxes).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

If by soon you mean in 2-4 weeks, then yes.

Roadmap said the beta would start in April.

Yes but if they’re wanting to get a content update every month, they’ve got to do the beta for PC before releasing to us console players later that same month right?

I would expect that beta will start maybe next week or the first week of April run for a week or two then fully release.

6 hours ago, Lemoncello said:

Off topic, bees produce honey by vomiting onto each other’s mouth, how does bees in dst produce honey when a nest only has a single bee?

I think a better question is how bees can be generated from nothing. No matter how many times you spawnkill bees their hives will always regenerate bees at a fixed rate.

12 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

If before Maxwell arrived there was only Them, does it mean he created the ancient civilization?

Is the ancient civilization Them?

Actually The Ancients and Merms were in constantbefore Maxwell.

It seems like Maxwell's quote about nothing but dust and them is actually related to the throne room.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Actually The Ancients and Merms were in constantbefore Maxwell.

It seems like Maxwell's quote about nothing but dust and them is actually related to the throne room.

Or just didn't age well. Like could be true at time when was only base small DS, but with all added lore and games later... not necessary. Maybe we should stop thinking about it.

15 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

If before Maxwell arrived there was only Them, does it mean he created the ancient civilization?

Quick lore summary:

1. The Ancients are bug-like people who live in the Constant and worship the Moon Entity.
  2. Unknown event puts a stop to that moon worship and any evidence of it is sealed away in the Archives.
  3. Ancients start using Nightmare Fuel to thrive, until eventually they shed their physical forms and become beings composed entirely of Nightmare Fuel AKA the Terrorbeaks and Crawling Horrors we all know and love.
  4. Overreliance on Nightmare Fuel leads the Ancients to activate the Ancient Gateway and bring Them forth. They proceed to destroy the Ancients and their whole civilization, leaving behind what we now call the Ruins.
  5. Aeons pass.
  6. Maxwell finds the Codex Umbra and ends up sitting on the Nightmare Throne.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Yes and yes

You will need natural light provide by sinkholes or star caller staff (moon caller doesnt work since isnt "sun" light")

Thanks!! You always seem to be answering my questions, thanks for always taking your time!! You seem really wise relating to this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

What are Rock Lobsters useful for in DST? I thought about using them to help me fight Toadstool.

Bring many, they can die because of toad steroids if they receive damage meanwhile there is mushtrees

Also they are useful for cleaning monkeys, fighting ancient guardian and i have seen thar you can bring them to the atrium

Take in count that followers, even slows ones like them, teleports behind you if they are so far from you

I dont know, and i would like to know, how they reproduce since it change from DS (what a madness)

Edit: about monkey, sometimes i have left some in the monkey village biome so, when the nightmere cycle starts, monkeys aggro them and i can go throw the biome without dangers

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 4:01 AM, Wardin25 said:

I belive he said"dust" means mortal. including the ancients, merm, and others.

• Like 1