Which Skins are the Best?

Image result for don't starve together presentWhich Skins Wins?Image result for don't starve together present

(it may not make sense but it rhymes and that's what is important.)

Ever sense we got the first glimpse of skins back when everybody was clambering for a Gray Tweed Waistcoat,  I've been pondering on what made people want certain skins. Do people prefer outfits solely on rarity, or is the Don't Starve community more fashion oriented than we once thought? Is there a certain fashion choice we all collectively agree on? Is there a science to making a skin everybody likes? Are you seriously telling me the Canadian Coat isn't at all warmer than Wolfgang's bare chest? 

underthathat.PNG.52b71ef361899f7632b74762ed906c10.PNG              Who knows?              underthathat.PNG.52b71ef361899f7632b74762ed906c10.PNG

I don't, but today I hope to change that. 

If you wish to contribute, please provide a post below detailing what skins you like best, what type they are, why you like them, their rarity; really anything you think is important. Feel free to include any amount of skins, unless it's all of them, in which case please spare us the wall of text and just write something like "they're all pretty cool." Some of us still haven't managed to recover from the last incident.

I was originally planning on a poll but it was discovered approximately five minutes in that polls take way too long when you're dealing with like a billion options and I don't want to be responsible for any finger scrolling injuries that would have occurred in the process of voting.

allignment.thumb.png.ad66c4864d3faa99d74c7c56157bfce9.png

If you're not too familiar with all the skins, here's a great thread by @Chris1448 that has them all in one place.

If you don't know where to start, here's @Alarsin's thread filled to the brim with all sorts of fancy outfits.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you've enjoyed another one of my silly tirades

May the best skin win.

(hopefully this doesn't look too bad on mobile...)

Huh, that's quite an interesting question. I have the full collection of Maxwell's skins and from him I adore The Victorian, The Magmatic, and The Untriumphant because they are very well designed and feel unique in comparison to his rest. I like to switch between all of them because I feel like it spices the game esthetically and makes me feel joyful. Knowing that I succeeded on obtaining all of my favorite character's skins makes me happy, on a side note I'm intrigued by his unfortunate history and hope to learn more about the Codex Umbra on the future. Overall, it just feels nice to be a big Maxwell fan and have in my  possession all of his outfits, I am dedicated to him.

Hope it helped even a little bit.

I like skins based on aesthetic appeal to myself, which includes the over all design of the skin and its colors.

For example, I main Wx a lot, and my favorite skin for that character is the Roseate that i was lucky enough to get in a drop and purchased the chest piece for as well. The low red appeals to me, the green and small roses, it overall works well for me. But I dont' like the unfinished skin he got, or the Guest of Honor, because I never much liked yellow.

My second most played character is Webber, and i've very particular on skins for him.I like to pair him with actual clothes, but they have to be ones that I feel fit his more sketchy fur color, though the newest Forge webber works well with the new Forge outfits from other characters

I have three ones that I've been clingy to: Winona's Verdant Apron, Maxwell's Aristocrat coat, and Piggsbury.

I stick with Wilson's Piggsbury skin head mainly for the fact it's a combo of ruggedness, green bandana, and it still maintains Wilson's face while giving into his inner pigman.

The forging pants work for any outfit since the black pants are slimming.are for any combination.

I've probably squeed about Wendy's Forge gloves too much:
5ae13a3a2869b_ExcitedforUsurpergloves.thumb.png.86a4dd58b02dc160c9e995d79dcd6454.png

I'm a huge sucker for the Victorian era, and it probably explains why I love every single Victorian skin.

I also adore each and every Hallowed Nights 2018 skins. That being the Mad Scientist Wilson, the Supernatural Wendy, and especially WX-78's Unfinished skin! :wilson_blush:

As for distinguished outfits, gotta go with Woodie's Canadian Jacket 24/7!

So for me here are the ones I like

Wilson: Snowfall since it changes him a lot but the 2nd best for me is the Victorian

Willow: I would say Magmatic since she is now what she loves but if I would say the same thing about Willowfly Head is great and the Victorian is good as well

Wolfgang: I like The Victorian skin and The Giant is great 

Wendy: Any skin all of her skins look nice on her

WX78: Rookiebot Headplate is lovely since it's changes a robot in to another robot and the Rosete is amazing since I love overgrown stuff

Wickerbottom: Rosete is again great for her the hair and the glasses change her so much that when I first saw it I needed it

Woodie: His Victorian skin is nice ( I don't play much Woodie so yea )

Wes: The Triumphant is just cool I have nothing else to say 

Maxwell: Kramwell Head is just great I don't have words tos say how good it is and his Gladiator skin is great as well

Wigfrid: The Deerfrid Mask is nice since I like the look and design of Deerclops so making a skin out of him is great also The Gladiator is great 

Webber: Just like Wendy I like all of his skins well besides The Triumphant his head is weird but if I had to choose my favoriet it would be Rosete and Guest of Honor

Winona: Victorian just looks great on her ( I don't play much her either )

That's it all the characters up to now and all the skins that I like who knows maybe they will add another skin for Webber that I won't like we will see and let's hope the Guest of Honor skins go down in price since I won't pay 30$ for a skin 

If I had to choose, I would lean strongly in favor of the entire Victorian collection. The associated character skins are crisp and rife with historical connections, if not a little drab. The blissfully delicate Tureen finish for the crock pot also bears a worthy mention, and there's just something about it that makes me want to sit and admire it all day if only I didn't have better things to do.

Oh, Willow skins are nice, too. Big sucker for them. I would absolutely squee in utter delight and empty my wallet on the spot without a second thought if Klei were to release her respective character chest featuring skins for her lighter and bear.

Skins appeal to me if they either have some symbolism relating to the game's lore (a la the 3 original skin collections, especially skins like maxwell's Untriumphant, as well as skins from the Gorge that touch upon the characters' pasts) or they look good by blending into the game's world, which is why the Snowfallen collection is my personal go-to. The way the character becomes an extension of their surroundings is one of my favourite things about the collection. (although the skins do look a bit out of place during other seasons.) 

I personally like all of the "skin sets"(Costume collection, Victorian collection etc).

I want to make it so that I have one Gorge area, one romantic area, one battlefield area(Forge) and so on with the different items skins and then use character skins in those areas(not done that as I have not been able to make a large base.) Or use them based on which season it is.

I also like the jammies which I want to use when my character goes to sleep(have not done that yet).

So pretty much anything that can be used in roleplay or looks good. There might be a few character skins that I dont like but get anyway as I am a bit of a skin collector.

The only ones really I don't like are the ones that are not in a set(normal shirts, gloves etc).

I really like many skins, especially the ones from skin sets but here are a few of my favourites that come to my mind:

From shoes, my favorites are: Steel Toed Boots, Riding Boots, Smelter's Boots and Punk Boots.

Don't have many favorites from pants but if I had to pick I'd go with Cast Iron Legs, Brawler's Leggings, Battlemaster's Legguards and Gardening Trousers.

Onto gloves, I like Alchemist's Handwraps, Brawler's Knucklewraps, Furnace Gloves, Welder's Gloves and Buckled Gloves.

Favorite clothes are Dryad's Tunic, Fissure's Armor, Furnace Went, Gardening Apron, Hot Rod's Jacket, Orchardist's Tunic; but especially Usurper's Tunic!

Finally to heads, I love all skins of Winona but especially Triumpant, all Wes skins save for Victorian, Wigfrit's Wonder Woman, and WX's Furnace.

Basically I really love many of the Forge items, it may be my favorite skin set in general but some others, even some common items stand out for me

I really REALLY like Survivor Wilson, and the quote and portrait of the skin. 

I like the idea of a man of science being thrown in this wacky world and being forced to do whatever it takes to survive. I like the rag on his eye, so cool. 

Also, Victorian Winona looks very cool to me. So does white Webber. 

Being honest, I wouldn't say something like "That skin is much better than the rest" exactly, because everyone have his own opinions and tastes.

So, I'll just express my personal thoughts:

-My favourite set: The Triumphant. I find interesting for being basically the "What If" of every character under the effects of shadow throne in the end of Don´t Starve. Plus, the past side of Maxwell (William Carter) as part of this collection, looks great.

-My two favourite skins of every set:  

-Guest of Honor: Wes & Wigfrid

Spoiler

Wes_Guest_of_Honor_Skin_Portrait.thumb.png.00378922477ab7361dc715d9bd53d48e.pngWigfrid_Guest_of_Honor_Skin_Portrait.thumb.png.04c5a75f91943e51975eed0d2fb5c194.png

-The Survivor: Wilson & Maxwell

Spoiler

Wilson_Survivor_Skin_Portrait.thumb.png.9fa68636c0a01247b249c5b0ed43f382.pngWaxwell_Survivor_Skin_Portrait.thumb.png.6a8708c1185db7b3be890acf122887ad.png

-The Triumphant: Wilson & Wendy

Spoiler

Wilson_Shadow_Skin_Portrait.thumb.png.dbe27f3a807f24cdf54b5b0218ec320f.pngWendy_Shadow_Skin_Portrait.thumb.png.754e19f57a3778305ee4d9bcb4f2d219.png

-The Roseate: WX-78 & Wigfrid

Spoiler

WX-78_Rose.thumb.png.1adfc392e014d8d10caf84fbf101b4bb.pngRoseate_Wig.thumb.png.ec7b5085476282cf259004bcae32e605.png

-The Snowfallen: Webber & Wolfgang

Spoiler

Webber_Snowfallen_Portrait.thumb.png.4251404ed4ca93950bb29d7097bc3f8d.pngWolfgang_Snowfallen_Portrait.thumb.png.c5dd7059e046b6a256dc26f78ab15ed0.png

-The Verdant (Year of the Varg): Woodie & WX-78

Spoiler

Woodie_Verdant_Skin_Portrait.thumb.png.f651841b26a26e906937f107322b5651.pngWX-78_Verdant_Skin_Portrait.thumb.png.93b48183f236165dd2be1865fc2e4138.png

-The Gladiator: Wigfrid & Wendy

Spoiler

Wigfrid_Warrior_Skin_Portrait.thumb.png.719ae776e0ac9fca88008992c2e1d952.pngWendy_Warrior_Skin_Portrait.thumb.png.4ebe7c85846a53d635f2967e2f9c1e25.png

-The Victorian: Willow & Winona

Spoiler

Willow_Victorian_Portrait.thumb.png.5fa5da593c629d1c136400806aee5ba8.pngWinona_Victorian_Portrait.thumb.png.392a32ec2d897ffa60d02753129748e0.png

-Hallowed Nights (Monster Costumes): WX-78 & Webber

Spoiler

WX-78-Halloween.thumb.png.1208e75d6dcfd6a0a5a5a3eb955640bf.pngWebber-Halloween.thumb.png.58f06f2e2bcd28d4ccacaf684b7c6838.png

-The Magmatic: Wickerbottom & Webber

Spoiler

Wickerbottom_Magmatic_Portrait.thumb.png.7746cf8776079f0ce82c41587b71b0f5.pngWebber_Magmatic_Portrait.thumb.png.3bef9ca083176ab120f7413a2b312546.png

-Hallowed Nights: Wes & Wilson

Spoiler

Wes_Pierrot_Portrait.thumb.png.0c40f6e63dfe3a5224e8b454b061fbde.pngWilson_Mad_Scientist_Portrait.thumb.png.1fc9ade8ba70a3153a4b9005f51abbb6.png

-The Contender (Year of the Pig King): Wolfgang & Wigfrid 

Spoiler

Wolfgang_Giant_Portrait.thumb.png.2e4e0a03606a87a2f55461d3aa9bce6b.pngWigfrid_Ultimate_Performer_Portrait.thumb.png.1b7dbc78344bef4342d740a404e42412.png

1) Wilson:

As a non-disadvantaged character, his skins are also plain and simple (not perfect but also not terrible), i guess. My favourite is Snowfallen, because it reminds me Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. :)

2) Willow:

a) Woeful Willow: I guess this one is really well designed set. Dress, shoes, head skin... all of them are beautiful. and suitable for Willow's personality.

b) Dragonfly Costume: I have never known that dragonfly could be super-cute. :D

c) The Victorian Set: Another sad story and Willow again, not surprisingly... :) But i liked it so much, and my favourite part is head skin. I literally want to caress her hair.

3) Wolfgang:

a) Guest of Honor Set: I liked it because he looks like high classed soldier (like a lieutenant or sth).

b) Roseate Set: ^ Same reason above. 

c) MacTusk Costume: I haven't noticed that MacTusk and Wolfgang look like so similar before I see this outfit :D Great ♥

d) Snowfallen Set: He looks like blue Santa Claus and it is soo cool ♥

4) Wendy: 

a) Guest of Honor Outfit (Party Frock): A well designed party dress. Red, sweet and very nice.

b) Lureplant Costume: Another good design, she looks like a fresh spring flower in this outfit ♥

5) WX: 

Guest of Honor and Unfinished Robot skins are best. Especially the 2nd one, it is really eerie.

6) Wickerbottom:

a) Survivor Outfit (Tattered Togs): Perfect for an old lady, i mean, that long skirt and shoulder shawl are so compatible with her age.

b) Snowfallen Set: Excellent design. So beautiful, elegant dress & head skin. She looks like literally rich, princely and powerful old lady in this outfit. 

c) Roseate Set: Like snowfallen, but this time it is red instead of blue :)

7) Woodie:

a) The Victorian Set: Nice fur design on jacket, it suits very well on him.

b) The Magmatic Set: Even this outfit doesn't relevant about fight theme, i liked it. We learnt that, woodie would be a charismatic biker if he lived in 80's.

c) Treeguard Costume: Actually i'm not sure about this one, but i guess it's kinda funny.

8) Wes:

I guess Klei really like (and maybe doing favouritism :p ) Wes, because all of his skins are very well designed and cool. I feel envy as a Wigfrid main... :(

9) Maxwell:

Although i don't play with Maxwell, i really loved all of his skins. Yes, all of them, because, i guess "wisdom" is the emphasis of all his clothes. My favourites are Verdant and Victorian skins.

10) Wigfrid:

Her only good skin is Guest of Honor, i guess. Actually i'm sad about it. She has many potential but her skins are mostly plain clothes.

11) Webber:

a) Snowfallen Set: Beyond dispute, white spider is sooo fluffy and cute ♥ Also, his plaid scarf is colorful and pretty :)

b) The Victorian Set: Funny set, i adore this one :D 

12) Winona: 

I dont know why, but I just like her Roseate skin. I'm not interested in other ones.

13 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

i personally like the traveller's trunk skins (both of them) best. they look awesome and make aligning chests way easier for me.

Oh yeah, the skins of chest and backpack are great too!

I adore Carpet Bag & Catcoon Carryall, they're cute.

Carpet_Bag_Icon.png.dc27a2ebd8afc76b526b7d8cbd2317cb.pngCatcoon_Carryall_Icon.png.e3317faa275c6123e622ea5a555c397e.png

Archived