Maknov

Kyle's Concepts & Artworks

44 posts in this topic

Have I seen your work before?

I love the little detail of the pink stuff being his "nose" and "teeth". Might be a nice addition t the monsters.

2 people like this

Just now, minespatch said:

Have I seen your work before?

I love the little detail of the pink stuff being his "nose" and "teeth". Might be a nice addition t the monsters.

Hey, yeah! It's been a while.

I think the last thing I drew on here was that scarecrow thing with the messy hay hair. How's it hanging?

It's good to see you again!

hey!.jpg

4 people like this

I thought you were familiar. I follow you by notifications, so that's how I found your thread.

Doing slightly okay, never left the forums.

2 people like this

Cool! I feel like this would be an interesting concept (and possible boss idea) for DST ^_^

2 people like this

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Cool! I feel like this would be an interesting concept (and possible boss idea) for DST ^_^

Yeah, possibly! :o

2 people like this

You might want to polish the design with doing a full design and legs.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

You might want to polish the design with doing a full design and legs.

Sure thing, it'll be ready in a little bit!

NotDoneYet.jpg

Gotta take a little break for now, but here's what I've got so far.

(Edges are rough and unclean, like the first image, but I will polish them and shade them when I get back to working on this)

Edited by Maknov
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Tada!~ The first artwork I'm actually proud of, captured the Don't Starve style the best I could, and it didn't turn out too bad!

I wanted to create this piece to show my ideas of what different kinds of beards Wilson could've had for his skins. For example, while in game, Wilson's Triumphant skin has a plain black beard, unlike his hair which has white streaks in it.

58e435329275c_3skins3beards..thumb.jpg.b5e19b46b3639fc8b159950bbdc20aaf.jpg

Edited by Maknov
3 people like this

On 4/2/2017 at 0:26 PM, Maknov said:
  1. NotDoneYet.jpg
  2. Gotta take a little break for now, but here's what I've got so far.
  1. Ah! Love the aztec kilt!
  2. What a short break. :wilson_ecstatic:
2 hours ago, Maknov said:

58e435329275c_3skins3beards..thumb.jpg.b5e19b46b3639fc8b159950bbdc20aaf.jpg

Saw this in the oter thread. One of the strengths to the piece is the strong linework in the foreground while limited detail in the background. You should keep playing with this. It makes the piece pop out.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I'm back to this little thread of mine! Basically I was doing an art stream with one of my friends on Steam, we developed ideas for a little side/spin off game based on Don't Starve, it'd be kinda like Fear the walking dead or some other addon where it takes a break from the original crew and focuses on a new batch of people. These are what I came up with. These aren't the finished designs and still have yet to be colored and shaded.

wyattandco.jpg

Edited by Maknov
3 people like this

For more information on the characters, check out the What if?... section! :)

You might want to start spoilering the first post. Like my thread, it's great you're making the first post basically information on what you're doing but it'll keep the first post tidy.

I like Walson's design. He looks different from the main character.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

You might want to start spoilering the first post. Like my thread, it's great you're making the first post basically information on what you're doing but it'll keep the first post tidy.

Oops, I think I did the spoiler thing wrong. Don't know how to separate the spoilers.

1 person likes this

On 4/4/2017 at 8:22 PM, minespatch said:
  1. Ah! Love the aztec kilt!
  2. What a short break. :wilson_ecstatic:

Saw this in the oter thread. One of the strengths to the piece is the strong linework in the foreground while limited detail in the background. You should keep playing with this. It makes the piece pop out.

Yeah! I'll be sure to continue with this trend of weak backgrounds but strong characters.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Hey, thanks! It's tough trying to draw the head shapes in a way that makes them look... right.

I wonder if Wyatt and Walson/Watson's head shapes are too similar. I tried toning out Walson/Watson's facial features while keeping Wyatt's head slim and tall. :?

Maybe they will look nothing alike once I color them in. 

[I also had a blast drawing these characters while talking with my friend, the audio and the video were a bit delayed during stream, but whenever I made a scenario for the characters of Don't Starve, I would do these stupid voices like for Wolfgang I did somewhat of a Deeper Kermit voice and it went along the lines of...

"Yes, hallo, is this cop police? Wolfgang needs help. Small torch lady is burning things and she keeps bullying me."

And when the audio played back it sounded SO stupid but made me holler out laughing everytime.

I should try talking with myself more.

with delayed audio.

1 person likes this

I love how tired and exhausted Winnifred's design looks like. Her design actually tells a bit of her personality.

1 person likes this

Just now, minespatch said:

I love how tired and exhausted Winnifred's design looks like. Her design actually tells a bit of her personality.

I'm so glad you caught that small detail! I wanted to make sure that she differed herself from every other female character in Don't Starve, who all have WIDE GLOWING EYES. O_O

So I tried something different by giving her slanted and tiresome eyes.

1 person likes this

Except Wickerbottom.:wilson_sneaky:

1 person likes this

Just now, Maknov said:

gahh how do I fix this spoiler thing? :o

spoiler.pngSee the plus sign? You can hold it and move the message down with your mouse wheel scroll button.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

spoiler.pngSee the plus sign? You can hold it and move the message down with your mouse wheel scroll button.

Ack, I'm still stuck, any way to see/remove the spoilers entirely without deleting all the content? :confused:

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Maknov said:

Ack, I'm still stuck, any way to see/remove the spoilers entirely without deleting all the content? :confused:

Alright, cut the items you want to spoil individually and put them in a different spoiler once you put the text line down from the previous spoiler.

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Alright, cut the items you want to spoil individually and put them in a different spoiler once you put the text line down from the previous spoiler.

Ahhhhh thank you so much

6gI2zO.gif

1 person likes this