[Game Update] - 525640

With the adittion of a way to creaft ruins turfs, could you guys reconsider the way to unlock the crafting of ruins relics? It's such a complicaterd proces just to have some decoration items.

Also, do we have some news about the crashing upon loading or creating a new world?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Food and Crock Pot Changes

• Added a Tallbird Egg Crock Pot recipe.
  • Added 2 Egg Crock Pot recipes.
  • Added 2 Beefalo feed Crock Pot recipes.

Holy hell yes! New recipes are always welcome and as someone who uses a ton of eggs (for bacon and eggs and creating rotten eggs for gunpowder) new egg recipes are fantastic!

Ice Cream is now classified as Goodies.

So Wigfrid can finally eat Ice Cream? Yesssssss

If a Fire Pit or Campfire is fueled to the max stage, it will drop a charcoal when the fire goes out.

Such a small addition but holy wow is this amazing. Hoarding charcoal for stuff like gunpowder can be difficult late game if you can't be bothered doing regular back burning. Winters Feast provides a decent amount of charcoal which admittedly does add up (fighting Klaus more regularly and opening presents) but this will massively help stockpile charcoal especially given I use stuff like Glommers Goop to fuel fires especially during Winter. 

Added the Turf-Raiser Helm, a new helmet that you can get from the Antlion.

From what I've read on here (allows you to automatically tear up turfs or automatically place turfs) this sounds amazing and gives Antlion a much needed buff to his drops. Sounds like a very useful item I just wish it existed back when I was actually terraforming my entire long term world.. It will certainly come in handy in any future turfing projects. 

8 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

The Cartographer's Desk can now erase Blueprints, Tackle Adverts, Sketch, Costume Patterns, and Recipe Cards, turning it into one Papyrus.

Forums have been asking for something like this for a long time so its great to see it finally implemented. Now that we have Monkey Tails its not quite as beneficial but still really nice. Instead of just burning or chucking any unneeded Blueprints, sketches etc you can turn them into papyrus instead. Huge for Wickerbottom. 

Added cooking, fishing, and farming themed boons to the world generation.

Sounds interesting! Can't wait to see what these boons are like. 

• Ancient Stonework turf blueprint can now be found via the Distilled Knowledge.
  • Digging up the turf in the ruins will now give the turf object.
  • Ruins Turf and Imitation Ruins Turf Blueprints can now be crafted at the Ancient Pseudoscience Station.

Amazing!!!!! Not just Ancient Stonework but also Ruins turf as well now. Out of control. Going to have to make a large section of my base ruins themed now with the new turfs..

Tallbirds without a nest will now make a new nest, but only on rocky or dirt turf.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I've been waiting for this for so goddamn long. Don't care HOW long it takes me I am creating my own player made Tallbird Fortress now and turning it into some crazy meat or food farm (adding Pigs, Bunnymen or Murms to perpetually fight the Tallbirds). I actually cannot believe we are going to be able to create new Tallbird nests from scratch this is beyond incredible, my long term world has a single nest but this won't be the case much longer.

• Increased the number of uses for the Tent and Siesta Lean-to to better reflect their crafting cost.
  • The Camper's Tent now restores health at the same rate as the Tent.
  • The Straw Roll will now restore some health while sleeping.
  • The Furry Roll will now affect your body temperature while sleeping.

As someone who actually uses tents a decent amount (both in my long term world more as a roleplay or quick break mechanic than anything and in new worlds I start) any nice tent buffs are always appreciated. Considering it not only costs resources but also costs time (which is arguably the most important resource in the game) to use Tents I think its fair for them to get buffs, might see them get a bit more use out of the playerbase. 

• The Tin Fishin’ Bin now holds up to 20 fish.
  • The Tin Fishin’ Bin can now be built on dock tiles.

Damn, huge Tin Fishing Bin buffs. Storage buff and they can be placed on Docks which are hands down one of the most beneficial places to actually place them with the recent addition of the Fishing Trawl. 

Using the Steeped Lunar Essence on a Wobster Mound will mutate it into a Moon Glass Mound.

Just dope. I'm going to be changing a few key Wobster Mounds that I don't really fish from to Moon Glass Mounds for an additional Moon Glass source and just to jazz my world up a bit. My retrofitted Lunar Island actually doesn't have a single Moon Glass Mound or even any Wobster dens at all for that matter so this update allows this creature to actually exist in my world like it should.

The Lazy Forager can now be repaired with nightmare fuel.

Amazing change and I know this will make many players happy. I use to just craft a whole ton of these from time to time until they run low but I guess now I can just replace the ones I have in various spots with NM fuel instead. 

• The Survivors can use the Stage to show off a little bit for whoever is watching
  • The Survivors can don special costumes to help them tell other stories as well.
  • Costumes can be found in the Briars set piece.
  • Added the Mannequins to hold (and show off!) their equipment.
  • The Stage and Briar set pieces will automatically be added into existing worlds.

The actual new part of the update sounds interesting. Hopefully you can earn some special rewards or something and it isn't just purely a fashion show. I also hope it still has some decent use in Single player where you don't have anyone to show off to (except yourself and your super uninterested partner).

Sounds like we might actually be able to dress the mannequins up with armor, weapons and equipment though which sounds awesome. Almost sounds like the weapon rack a lot of us wanted for Wigfrids refresh! Can show off all your gear skins and even have mannequins with rechargeable gear (like Bone Armor and Eye mask etc) on them near each of your boss arenas for super fresh looking storage.

This entire update sounds ABSOLUTELY incredible and I am super excited for it to release on console. As usual I better start clearing room and expanding my base in advance for all the new goodies and changes and whatnot. Honestly just the ability to create new Tallbird nests alone has me super excited and will allow me to fix one of the few glaring downsides and missing aspects of my favorite long term world. 

Klei as usual you have absolutely outdone yourselves yet again. 

• Like 3

Just now, imjustglue said:

Is it possible to mod in presentations to modded characters?

Yes. I had shown my good friend @Goat Slice how to and they wrote this up for their own modded character :)

Spoiler

If you want to do it yourself, you can do something akin to this:

STRINGS.STAGEACTOR.TEST1 = {
    "Woe is me!",
    "To be or not to be, that is the question",
}

local general_scripts = require("play_generalscripts")

general_scripts.TEST1 = {
   cast = { "test" },
   lines = {
      {roles = "test"}, duration = 3.0, line = STRINGS.STAGEACTOR.TEST1[1]},
  	  {roles = "test"}, duration = 3.0, line = STRINGS.STAGEACTOR.TEST1[2]},
    }
}

Replace all instances of 'test/TEST' with the prefab name of your modded character and have fun messing around with making up strings for your character. I'm really looking forward to see what folks in the modding community will do for their characters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 1

9 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

If a Fire Pit or Campfire is fueled to the max stage, it will drop a charcoal when the fire goes out.

Hey what about Deck Illuminator? As I know, it's a Fire Pit with a different look, wouldn't it be weird if it didn't do the same thing?

With addition of easy mode I hope you consider adding difficult stuff to the game more freely :D since worries about noobs or chill players can be quelled with easy access to chill mode.

I only managed to check some minor stuff, but it's looking promising already

Also, what if the recipe cards looked like pages torn out of the cookbook? It would make them feel more in-universe.

• Big Ups 1

27 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Come to think of it, why not give to torch a possability to drop an ash after its duriablity ends?

same with deck illuminator

It might take necessary space and Ash is pretty easy to get so it wouldn't be useful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

Replace all instances of 'test/TEST' with the prefab name of your modded character and have fun messing around with making up strings for your character. I'm really looking forward to see what folks in the modding community will do for their characters.

Hehehehe..... hahahaha.... HAHAHAHAHA.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

9 hours ago, hhh2 said:

I liked the update. Blacksmith is wagstaff.

Oi, we been playing the same game all this time? What's Wagstaff got to do with Charlie(whom the Doll is heavily referencing)? The Blacksmith is clearly supposed to represent Winona - she'll even say as much if she's in the audience during Act 1 Scene 2.

• Reduced the Banana Shake spoilage time and it can no longer be made with meat, fish, or monster meat.
  • Reduced the Frozen Banana Daiquiri spoilage time and it can no longer be made with meat or fish

Maybe its time to bring pierogis in par with other 40 HP healing items in terms of perish time, or reduce the healing value since it has the longest perishtime 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Added a Tallbird Egg Crock Pot recipe.

This is great for Warly. Can we have other recipes with other basic food that gives advantage to other survivor. Example: a recipe with gloomer’s goop for sanity management (1 twigs + 1 goop = something like evil candy floss)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I mean is it really? All DST needed was a Tutorial Mode in the same vibe as Solo DS’s Adventures Mode- Everything I learned I learned through trail and error, live, die, learn, die again, live again, rinse repeat.

What DS did was leave the player “clues” and “tools” to use so THEY THEMSELVES had to figure out what they’re good for.

Ive played several games where before you can ever play multiplayer you need to first complete the tutorial so you know clearly what to do/how to play..and your not just an absolute burden on other players when you finally unlock online mode.

And that’s something DS’s Adventure mode would help the player learn by spawning them at Maxwells feet, teasing them more often then not by having useful resources around that helps aid them through the chapter (example King of Winter always had a few burning campfires and trees to tell the player hey burning fires keeps me warm & burning trees gives me charcoal for my fires)

What Klei has effectively done here is the exact opposite- the player isn’t learning ANYTHING.. you just Disable Death, Hunger, Dying in the Dark etc..

this doesn’t help new players who want to LEARN the game and play with their more skilled friends in learning anything… this helps those New players never need to step out their comfort zone and further puts a wedge between people being able to play Together.

Oddly enough… for a game called Dont Starve Together, Klei sure does make some odd design choices in how we can play TOGETHER.

I can’t speak for everyone but I’d be bored to death having to play in “No Sweat Mode” because my friends weren’t Willing to learn and get better at the game.

I do not think that this mode is made for beginners, rather it is a creative mode in which you should not worry too much about survival. For beginners, tips have been made where it is possible to resurrect, and stuff like that

QOL indeed! A Turf-Raiser, Snazzy Pitchfork, and refuelable Lazy Forager help make landscaping projects more viable early game and smoother for when all the farms are up. The option to replenish Tallbird nests also opens up areas that I avoided tampering with because a nest happens to be there and I don't want to evict the wildlife.

15 hours ago, Pe Dabliu said:

could you guys reconsider the way to unlock the crafting of ruins relics? It's such a complicaterd proces just to have some decoration items.

Those decorations are a piece of content, designed for later game.

It fits a good spot and does not need to be dumbed down.

Lategame already has not many things to do.

12 hours ago, Spino43 said:

damn, that scotch eggs look extremely delicious. Probably my favorite crock pot food sprite.

Wait a minute.

Scott-Scotch.

Goddamnit.

We don't know, but Scott might be delicious too.

This is a reference that Scott is a top-tier dish.

The subliminal messages are there.

I'm not sure how important this detail is, but since you're adding golden pitchfork, I hope you won't forget to give it a skin that makes all the instruments invisible "pantomimes". Just to keep the collection complete.

• Like 1