[Game Update] - 525640

I would like them to put the helmet of the ant lion, which is more difficult to obtain because of the more materials, rocks of the ant lion and orange gem or gems that, in late life, are useless for almost nothing, they only take up space and so that in the first summer they no longer leave so quickly obsolete the garden gallows and if they do they have had to work hard to get it like killing the dragonfly in the first year or going to the ruins in the first year

56 minutes ago, Lokena said:

I'm not sure how important this detail is, but since you're adding golden pitchfork, I hope you won't forget to give it a skin that makes all the instruments invisible "pantomimes". Just to keep the collection complete.

All the OCD people in this thread as they realize this new missing aspect of reality:

Triggering My OCD - OCD GIF - OCD Trigger Triggering - Discover & Share ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

im not against easier settings, they have been in the game since forever but is really disappointed that they didnt added anything to make the game a little harder with those-

I think people are missing the "Added features similar to that of Pocket Edition's No Sweat Mode" part of this update- they already had a rough basis of an easy mode in another version of the game. I'm not at all familiar with Pocket Edition, so I don't know how similar "Relaxed" is to "No Sweat" but making an additional setting based of some settings you already have and can assume have worked out pretty well is a lot easier than crafting some new "tougher" settings from scratch.

I know they seem similar levels of easy to implement, but they're really not. While it would be good to tell us outright if tougher settings are on the table, thats just the vibes im getting from this- harder settings will likely come later after they figure out whats annoying BS for the sake of "challenge" vs. actual things they can do to make things more interesting for players without just creating bigger damage sponges or completely cutting off other players from content if they don't turn on hard mode.

Half the time when people suggest "hard modes" here they want a game that plays completely differently with new mobs and new items and that seems both stupid and unfair to me for a number of reasons. Actually making a world-based difficulty that doesn't just translate to more HP on monsters or just damage is asking for a lot more than just making it so DOT ticks are nonlethal.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Even breaking the entire map up into an archipelago forcing the player to sail from island to island for resources = Higher Difficulty.

PLEASE Stop hating on people wanting more difficulty because I assure you: Most of us do NOT want to run around at 1 hp dying at the first hit to anything- That’s not difficulty- That’s “Expertisim/Elitest Syndrome”

Ok let me get this out of the way first. I am not/ didn't mean to be hating on anyone. I just think it's overwhelming for Klei that every time they make a new update there are either tons of people complaining about it or asking for something completely different. I have absolutely nothing against adding increased difficulty options, and as I said previously would love if raid boss hp scaled with amount of players for poor solo laggy console players like me.

(Also having all the biomes separated into islands as a world-gen option sounds so cool, would love that.)

PS: I am console so I can't play beta... what does my fave robot do on the stage?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mantispidae said:

I think people are missing the "Added features similar to that of Pocket Edition's No Sweat Mode" part of this update- they already had a rough basis of an easy mode in another version of the game. I'm not at all familiar with Pocket Edition, so I don't know how similar "Relaxed" is to "No Sweat" but making an additional setting based of some settings you already have and can assume have worked out pretty well is a lot easier than crafting some new "tougher" settings from scratch.

I know they seem similar levels of easy to implement, but they're really not. While it would be good to tell us outright if tougher settings are on the table, thats just the vibes im getting from this- harder settings will likely come later after they figure out whats annoying BS for the sake of "challenge" vs. actual things they can do to make things more interesting for players without just creating bigger damage sponges or completely cutting off other players from content if they don't turn on hard mode.

Half the time when people suggest "hard modes" here they want a game that plays completely differently with new mobs and new items and that seems both stupid and unfair to me for a number of reasons. Actually making a world-based difficulty that doesn't just translate to more HP on monsters or just damage is asking for a lot more than just making it so DOT ticks are nonlethal.

again, im not against the easy mode features and i understand the reasons behind them.

Actually this update adds a lot of things i love is just that is disappointing for me to see that they added "getting less damage" setting but not "getting more damage" in the right arrow of that setting. Since is the official forum game and we are in a beta to test and give feedback i gave mine with the hopes of they adding that in the live version

adding new mobs or reworking the old ones is unrealistic for this update(maybe they could fix mctusk...), perhabs that kind of changes can come in future updates if people suggest them, but i dont see a non sense in suggesting getting a "more" in the "getting less damage" setting like many other settings have

29 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

I just think it's overwhelming for Klei that every time they make a new update there are either tons of people complaining about it or asking for something completely different

forums are made for that...

29 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

I have absolutely nothing against adding increased difficulty options, and as I said previously would love if raid boss hp scaled with amount of players for poor solo laggy console players like me.

maybe you should ask for performance improvements xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm absolutely delighted by this update, thank you! :wilson_flower: 

I've been trying to wrap my mind around the lore implications the whole day and made a relaxed game just for the sake of exploration and discovery. It was absolutely filled with various set pieces so that was fun! xD

This being in beta, I'm expecting some things to be a bit funny at times.

This doesn't look right. Might be because it's on a super old save file from years ago though. The stage looked just fine in a new game.

Spoiler

1742469920_2022-10-0404_36_34-Greenshotb.thumb.jpg.28ecf3abc2c0e9096620e6d914c3b334.jpg

This has nothing to do with the drama, but I guess that's one way to mark the route you used. I swear I only have the single Glommer that I found (this is the new game I started in the relaxed mode). xD

Spoiler

1035106451_2022-10-0423_47_25-Greenshotb.jpg.6626bbc86531d7960b669a6def446f33.jpg

Other than these bits of randomness, everything has been working quite smoothly for me, and it's been a lot of fun! Thanks again for this awesome start for the week / month! ^^

41 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Great update.

Don't really see how any of this is making the game dramatically easier.

they added an optional easy mod. Nobody said that now the game is easier lmao

8 minutes ago, Well-met said:

why would you expect the game to get difficulty spikes from a QoL?

nobody expects that but we can suggest to add settings to make certain parts more punishing if they are adding settings to make certain parts less punishing

isnt that hard to understand 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

they added an optional easy mod. Nobody said that now the game is easier lmao

nobody expects that but we can suggest to add settings to make certain parts more punishing if they are adding settings to make certain parts less punishing

isnt that hard to understand 

Nope, that is not the vibe we read from the previous pages, nor from your passive aggressiveness.

53 minutes ago, Well-met said:

why would you expect the game to get difficulty spikes from a QoL?

Dude they literally added 

Spoiler

Briar Bush/Briar Wolf- But instead of doing something cool, like popping up on your game world map randomly similar to Lureplants as days go by. They’re only used in specific areas of the game “Set Pieces” if you wanna call them that.

These things have all the animations to just sprout up out the ground like a Lureplant, they could’ve randomly “Jump Scared” the player by some being Briar Bushes & some being Wolves in Disguise that pop up once the player attempts to harvest the bush resources.

also now that Papyrus is ridiculously easy to get- Monkey Tail bushes should serve some other purpose, personally I think it would be funny as heck if the player attempts to harvest this bush and ends up grabbing onto a hiding actual Monkeys tail by mistake.

These things don’t up the difficulty to Dark Souls level gameplay- but they sure as heck would add more life to otherwise empty areas of the game.

Briars could’ve sprung up in Spring/Summer to give that season of the game new and interesting content using already existing animations/mobs/resources

(I made several threads about now that mobs, resources and new turfs are in the game- we should ask ourselves “Now what could we do with/where can we put this now that it’s in the game?”)

I heavily stress this fact because I’m currently playing Prodeus on Xbox Gamepass- and the cool thing about this game is you can create your own maps, place enemies where you want them, weapons, pick ups, mission objectives etc.. and then upload your creation for others to play..

And when it comes to this current new Beta-

Spoiler

Briar Bush/Briar Wolves

are an excellent example of really cool new idea- completely Under Utilized.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Dude they literally added 

Hide contents

Briar Bush/Briar Wolf- But instead of doing something cool, like popping up on your game world map randomly similar to Lureplants as days go by. They’re only used in specific areas of the game “Set Pieces” if you wanna call them that.

These things have all the animations to just sprout up out the ground like a Lureplant, they could’ve randomly “Jump Scared” the player by some being Briar Bushes & some being Wolves in Disguise that pop up once the player attempts to harvest the bush resources.

also now that Papyrus is ridiculously easy to get- Monkey Tail bushes should serve some other purpose, personally I think it would be funny as heck if the player attempts to harvest this bush and ends up grabbing onto a hiding actual Monkeys tail by mistake.

These things don’t up the difficulty to Dark Souls level gameplay- but they sure as heck would add more life to otherwise empty areas of the game.

Briars could’ve sprung up in Spring/Summer to give that season of the game new and interesting content using already existing animations/mobs/resources

(I made several threads about now that mobs, resources and new turfs are in the game- we should ask ourselves “Now what could we do with/where can we put this now that it’s in the game?”)

I heavily stress this fact because I’m currently playing Prodeus on Xbox Gamepass- and the cool thing about this game is you can create your own maps, place enemies where you want them, weapons, pick ups, mission objectives etc.. and then upload your creation for others to play..

And when it comes to this current new Beta-

Hide contents

Briar Bush/Briar Wolves

are an excellent example of really cool new idea- completely Under Utilized.

spring hound variant possibility was lost today :-(

Spoiler

unless a klei dev is reading this and may be considering...

• Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, Well-met said:

Nope, that is not the vibe we read from the previous pages, nor from your passive aggressiveness.

Honestly speaking from what I've seen there's been a lot of passive aggressiveness and flat out aggressiveness towards anyone who would even dare consider asking for a hard mode from people pretty much saying that anyone who wants a hard mode somehow hates the fact kiel added a easy mode to saying saying people with those opinions don't matter and are just ungrateful.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:56 PM, Mike23Ua said:

For example: If Klei adds an extremely moltening hot volcanic biome out in the water where the player will need heat resistant clothing, Wigfrids useless fireproof scroll, Wickerbottoms useless fire book, Scalemail Armor, etc just to survive the intense heat and enemies with fire based attacks on the island- THAT = Harder Content without you know… adjusting some highly boring stat values no one wanting a higher difficulty is going to care about.

We want mob behavior/map changes..

We got that with the Moon Quay update and Pirate Invasions. Then people complained about it being too hard...

• Sad Dupe 3