[Game Update] - 525640

1 hour ago, Scrimbles said:

snip

I kinda hope they add a harder difficulty for challenge, maybe an increase damage from mobs and overall seasons being toucher via weather and all.

Can we have that as an option for those things, Klei? Options to increase damage from all of the sources, or options to increase weather intensity and all like scarier heatwaves and cold. Rain being more aggressive to pour like it came from buckets. Less friendlier mobs overall if overwelcoming their presence or something.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

snip

New worldgen setting: Difficulty Increase

Options: 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%, 150%, 200%, 300%

What it does: Hunger drain and damage increased by above amount. :-D

A horribly lazy, and even more horrible idea, but it would get some "veterans" something to chew on.

Ideally, old time nerds secretly desire something like Terraria's Hardmode, Expertmode and Mastermode at heart.

• Like 3

The quality of life stuff seems awesome. I love the idea of making finding recipes easier without looking them up, getting ruins turf to make my triumphant Wx-78's evil lair more evil. I don't really know what the stage stuff does and I didn't see any pictures yet. It seems like a pretty silly thing people are going to complain about, so I just hope there's a setting to turn it off so they don't have any reason to riot about it.

Since quoting and editing my post is currently broken, I have to add a second comment. I see lots of people asking for harder difficulty, but I really want a setting to lower raid boss hp because a lot of them are really tedious and extremely difficult to do without cheese as a solo player, especially when my xbox randomly hit huge lag spikes while playing.

• Like 3

Tbh if klei did add a harder difficulty mode I think the ppl complaining rn would still be complaining because “oh it’s just stat bloat!!!” or smth. DST is challenging enough for the average player as is. If someone wants a more difficult experience, they already have a lot of options (nights out, all the other world settings, doing things such as rushes or other challenges, etc).

• Like 1

The Stage content intrigues me and I can't wait to try it out. The looks, the music and atmosphere of the whole thing is amazing. But the gameplay looks like you do it once and never touch again. I hope it's just setting up some kind of payoff in the next content update.

The turf hat and lazy forager change is awesome. As are the ruins turfs.

The easy mode is great too, but... I hope it means, that the Survival option can now get more uncompromising.

The new tallbird egg dish looks way too cheap for what it gives (and I mean waaaaaaay too much), but i guess it will get balanced.

• Like 1

At what point do you think klei is just going to decided "Well, we worked hard on a cool update, and everyone is yelling at us because it wasn't exactly what the minority of players wanted." and stop making updates at all. Even then everyone complains about the lack of updates. Sorry Klei, you can't win. People hate you for not updating and people also hate the updates apparently.

If there's a feature I don't like in an update, there's usually a setting to disable it. And I know I'm in the minority of playing on xbox so most of you complaining can download a mod to make the game harder. If not, just try fighting the bosses without armor or with worse weapons and it essentially increases their damage and health!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, -Dan0- said:

I can't believe we finally got the golden pitchfork, I can die a happy man now

I never used up a pitchfork in my life. And now, that the antlion hat is about to be added, i'm pretty sure i never will.
Better add more durable hammer.

3 hours ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

At what point do you think klei is just going to decided "Well, we worked hard on a cool update, and everyone is yelling at us because it wasn't exactly what the minority of players wanted." and stop making updates at all. Even then everyone complains about the lack of updates. Sorry Klei, you can't win. People hate you for not updating and people also hate the updates apparently.

If there's a feature I don't like in an update, there's usually a setting to disable it. And I know I'm in the minority of playing on xbox so most of you complaining can download a mod to make the game harder. If not, just try fighting the bosses without armor or with worse weapons and it essentially increases their damage and health!

I'm not in the "hating" group (and I think most aren't), but i would still like to express my preference for more uncompromising content.

Mods are nice if you are not playing on public servers (which I am) and those are usually vanilla or have way too many mods I don't care about.

Fights taking longer are more of an annoyance, than being harder. I want more challenging weathers; more things to keep in mind when venturing out, more dangers all around the world etc...

Edited by Cr4zyFl4mes
preferance => preference
  • Like 6
  • Big Ups 1

38 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

New worldgen setting: Difficulty Increase

Options: 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%, 150%, 200%, 300%

What it does: Hunger drain and damage increased by above amount. :-D

A horribly lazy, and even more horrible idea, but it would get some "veterans" something to chew on.

Ideally, old time nerds secretly desire something like Terraria's Hardmode, Expertmode and Mastermode at heart.

3 minutes ago, SmallBirdHungry said:

Nice to see expressing the opinion that there should also be harder basic content alongside casual is something to be demonized and is a show of hating the idea of hating the existence of a casual mode.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

And I don't feel entitled to get those things. I am happy with every update Klei makes. I still have preferences.

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Nice to see expressing the opinion that there should also be harder basic content alongside casual is something to be demonized and is a show of hating the idea of hating the existence of a casual mode.

It wasn't a direct reply. Might have not been directed at your comment specifically.

Edited by Cr4zyFl4mes
  • Like 2

hey, I LOVE the changes, but I have a tiny bit of feedback that i would like to put forward for consideration, I understand that these changes are unlikely to be added, but i would like to put my voice out there in case you like my idea

I think beefalo treats should restore less hunger, now i know that sounds bad, but if you think about it, this could make an amazing healing food for beefalo, especially for fights that are long or have a tough kiting pattern (like champion) lower hunger could make this dish an AMAZING healing method and would give more reason to farm forgetmelots in general

sketches and blueprints should be stackable with others of their kind to save inventory space, when I go on my yearly moose hunt i kill at least 15 geese and i cant carry that many around with the other drops even with a krampus sack, it would also help in cases where you rack up several, such as if you are farming deerclops using the flares

third, I go on a beefalo massacre every few years and use deerclops and hostile flairs to knock down 11 herds at a time, which means i get a LOT of horns, (25% chance means i see an average of 33 horns in a single trip, i use them as much as i can for gardening but theres little other use, i've asked before but am unsure if it was seen, but can we please be able to hammar them for bone shards? it would make them much more easy to amass as well as give use to massive overstocks of horns, currently they just get fed to jerry the lureplant

i want to re-clarify I love what the beta has shown us is coming, but I hope these differences will be considered, especially if these ideas become popular

• Like 2

A suggestion on tallbird egg recipe

Isn't 150 hunger AND 60 health a bit too much together? Especially considering that tallbirds are now relocatable and farmable?

image.png.1b91cb4682196804e14517827e6b0ef5.png

It would be more reasonable if it was either

- 75 hunger, 60 health

- 150 hunger, 20 health

STILL amazing recipe even with this tuning

Considering that the previous best use of tall eggs was 75 hunger and 20 health with baconeggs trick (2 monstermeat + 1 twig + 1 tall egg)

Love the update, cheers

• Like 3

So wait do the tallbird eggs that you personally hatch and raise also then make their own nests? Or is that the new hatchlings which sometimes there are two of and then attack their mother for some reason that then go on and make new tallbird nests?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, loopuleasa said:

Isn't 150 hunger AND 60 health a bit too much together? Especially considering that tallbirds are now relocatable and farmable?

It would be more reasonable if it was either

- 75 hunger, 60 health

- 150 hunger, 20 health

STILL amazing recipe even with this tuning

Tallbirds are SUPER super unwieldy to work with, I think it's fine to let the recipe be really good since you have to deal with them (and even worse, MANY of them) if you want to make the recipe often.

• Like 5