[Game Update] - 525640

On 10/3/2022 at 6:46 PM, Hornete said:

Yes. I had shown my good friend @Goat Slice how to and they wrote this up for their own modded character :)

Reveal hidden contents

If you want to do it yourself, you can do something akin to this:

STRINGS.STAGEACTOR.TEST1 = {
    "Woe is me!",
    "To be or not to be, that is the question",
}

local general_scripts = require("play_generalscripts")

general_scripts.TEST1 = {
   cast = { "test" },
   lines = {
      {roles = "test"}, duration = 3.0, line = STRINGS.STAGEACTOR.TEST1[1]},
  	  {roles = "test"}, duration = 3.0, line = STRINGS.STAGEACTOR.TEST1[2]},
    }
}

Replace all instances of 'test/TEST' with the prefab name of your modded character and have fun messing around with making up strings for your character. I'm really looking forward to see what folks in the modding community will do for their characters.

first off, this is amazing, second off, does this need to go in a separated lua file or in the character.lua file?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Dude they literally added 

A QoL update is the antonym of a difficulty spike update. “Quality of Life”

And lore is just lore. Not gameplay.

Maybe those rose things will be added as enemies in a later update.

15 hours ago, Just-guy said:

I'd like to know what making Ice Cream as a Goodie helps, since Wigfrid already had Jelly Salad as a Sanity food.

It's a good help on wigfrids regardless, as ice cream is a great food bundle slot and it is nice to have in summer as a cooling food too.

8 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

and it is nice to have in summer as a cooling food too.

If that were the case I see why, but a better way to do it would have been making already existing recipes have a cooling effect, like California Rolls, Leafy Meatloaf, Beefy Greens and Wobster Bisque are based on foods that are served cold, Wobster Bisque even has Ice in it.

23 hours ago, Just-guy said:

I'd like to know what making Ice Cream as a Goodie helps, since Wigfrid already had Jelly Salad as a Sanity food.

Faster eating animation, since it doesn’t use the slow meat eating animation and thats it.

On 10/3/2022 at 9:46 AM, ScottHansen said:

Ice Cream is now classified as Goodies.

Ice cream no longer considered a vegetable? What has the constant come to!?

On 10/3/2022 at 1:56 PM, loopuleasa said:

Isn't 150 hunger AND 60 health a bit too much together? Especially considering that tallbirds are now relocatable and farmable?

Shh! They'll make the recipe require an iridescent gem butter!

• Haha 2

On 10/3/2022 at 11:46 AM, ScottHansen said:
  • Recipe Cards can now be found throughout the world
  • Food and Crock Pot Changes

Taking into consideration these being implemented, plus the existence of the cook book, could we possibly get a kitchen-centered structure to place and access Recipe cards and the cook book? It would be such a neat thing to have!

A little plus, taking advantage of this being a QoL update, could you guys plz make it so we can unravel skins from within the "Recent discoveries" section?? Pretty pleaasee! (Also it would be nice for the "Recent discoveries" section to tell you the quantity owned of the respective shown skins.)

On 10/3/2022 at 11:46 AM, ScottHansen said:

Tallbirds without a nest will now make a new nest, but only on rocky or dirt turf.

I know which is the rocky turf, but what's the dirt turf? Any turf that is natural to the world and can be considered dirt, not sand, rock or mud? Are dirt turfs savannah, deciduous, forest and grass turfs?

13 minutes ago, DelroyBM said:

I know which is the rocky turf, but what's the dirt turf?

I think it refers to the basic coverage of the world without turf. Like empty gaps on a meteor field or mosaic biome, which are both natural habitats for tall birds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1