What is the name of your pet beefalo?

"Зверюга" for the ornery one and "Ветер" for the rider one. Roughly translated as "Beast" and "Wind". When Beast first got his name, he also got an unplanned twin brother because of a glitch with the bell. Which was then erased from reality by the rollback. I hope he's not mad at me for that.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Pooper Trooper

Meatball Supremus

Optimus prime rib

Steak house

I love these, especially pooper trooper! I chose something very similar.

I myself have had several beefaloes, riders and orneries.
The first ever beefalo in my current server was a rider, named Beefy Gonzales
Beefy Gonzales was triplicated because of some weird bug as I logged off and on, until I got another 2 riders (and 2 extra glossamer saddles).
One, I let go feral to form a new herd close to my base (oasis). The other one, I undomesticated and re-domesticated again, turning him into my first ornery, Beefminator.
Beefminator itself got duplicated in the caves, and this time I kept the second ornery, calling him Hornboof.
Beefy Gonzales died to a moose goose while I was fighting the bee queen, and soon after Beefer Trooper took his place.
After a few hundreds of days, Beefminator also died (I don't remember the cause anymore: I wasn't as attached to him as I was to Beefy Gonzales).
Beefer Trooper followed him shortly after (same as above), and 2-3 weeks ago I tamed my latest rider: Beeferilla (yeah, I am starting to run out of name ideas for riders).
The day before yesterday, Hornboof died to a conjuncted effort of a frog rain and the dragonfly and I just now finished taming a new ornery, Sergeant Boofy.
My favourite, so far, are Beefy Gonzales and Hornboof.

I love beefalos and have been an avid user/supporter of them. That said, I find it's best not to name my beefs anymore. It just hurts a little less when they ultimately get killed. I feel much less attached to Beefalo #6 than I did to my sweet fluffy boi Jerry. May he forever rest in the great savannah in the sky. 

The character limit is ridiculous so I always name them garbage names like

image.thumb.png.7fcc32bcaff7c7d249aa8d55efc68abd.png

image.png.f01f148260237f840e18a9a5e7525a8f.png

image.png.22ddc4426ba59a6730ae6d20161af9a8.png

unknown.png

There's a bunch more names I don't have pictures of like Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. It's funny to hover over a beefalo and just get this huge line of text covering your whole screen.

All rise for the glorious "Wumbo, Noble Steed for the Mighty Wumpus Dynasty"
Yes that's his full name. No I don't know why I named him that, or why I never named him something shorter.

There was a Wumpetite at one point. All of them have been creative mode beefalos, I haven't gotten one in survival.

Glad this thread changed over to regular names after so many of the early ones being related to beef foods. Even if they're fictional I could never imagine naming a pet after food made from their meat! My Beefalo so far have been named Honeybun, Potoooooooo (pronounced Pot-8-Os), and Hazelnut.

7 hours ago, Cheggf said:

The character limit is ridiculous so I always name them garbage names like

image.thumb.png.7fcc32bcaff7c7d249aa8d55efc68abd.png

image.png.f01f148260237f840e18a9a5e7525a8f.png

image.png.22ddc4426ba59a6730ae6d20161af9a8.png

unknown.png

There's a bunch more names I don't have pictures of like Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. It's funny to hover over a beefalo and just get this huge line of text covering your whole screen.

This... is useful information

I named my first bonded Beefalo Bucky, because I didn't know you didn't have to have a saddle on it in order to bond with it. So I went to the trouble of feeding it enough to put a saddle on it. Then it kept bucking me off, so by the time I was going to name it, I decided on Bucky. I've named all of my Beefalo Bucky since then, numbering them as I go. I'm up to Bucky IV so far.

I have 2 ornery beefalo, although 1 was a rider until I wanted to stop spending resources on dark swords.

The first one is called Klyff, no real reason, just thought it sounded cool.

The 2nd one is on a 3 player endless world called Spectre, as I'm playing Wendy in that world. If you haven't tried an ornery beefalo on Wendy, you've gotta give it a try, 101 damage with a war saddle and Abigail petals is nuts, and you're also even safer from grouping mobs thanks to your 1k hp meatshield and ghost sibling.

Archived