Now in testing - Reap what you Sow

4 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

I used this book all the time when megabasing. It was the only realisitc way of me mass hording lots of grass/twigs/reeds to stock me up without spending days holding down the space key for basic resources.

Almost like mass-hording tons of resources with an easy-to-get book isn't balanced lol

On 11/26/2020 at 9:59 AM, Maxil20 said:

Dear god, I knew it was powerful, but three separate nerfs?

I used this book all the time when megabasing. It was the only realisitc way of me mass hording lots of grass/twigs/reeds to stock me up without spending days holding down the space key for basic resources. The huge nerfs are going to tremendously slow down basing, and honestly make it so unviable to do stuff that this might actually kill my mood for megabasing, with how much I already dislike grinding for basic resources like boards.

The other changes seem good, and I can even get over the bunnyman one, but this is way too much IMO.

I completely agree. I think if anything, a harder crafting recipe would have been sufficient

Will test this tomorrow, but from the looks of it for me this is the death of "agriculture" (classic advanced farm plots) in DST. Seems needlessly complicated with mediocre efficiency at best. By far outclassed by Kelp Fronds and Stone Fruit Bushes. I suppose Bunnymen now are negligible as well, depending on their nerfs. Will see..

12 minutes ago, Pinyaps said:

Any reason? Because it seemed alright to me

Farming sucked the big one, dude. It only became remotely viable with the introduction of Wormwood, but even then it required you to just play Wormwood. For a game built around food, most people just ate honey hams, bacon and eggs, and pierogis.

Omgomgomg i am SO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW the silhouette was a pomegranate plant but i didnt want to get my hopes up! 

GUYS reminder to nominate DST for the “labour of love” steam award this year!!

This looks interesting... I really hope this makes farming less of a chore. It looks like it could potentially be a lot more difficult. There's so many more tools, now seeds look to be season restricted, birds produce less seeds? I'll have to play it first tho.

5 minutes ago, SuperMeatGoy said:

Almost like mass-hording tons of resources with an easy-to-get book isn't balanced lol

because it doesn't have to be. What does grass and twigs and reed harvesting, some of the most barebone things players do to get materials, need to be balanced?

Holding down spacebar to harvest resources and wait for 3 days to rinse and repeat after 1000+ days or read 2 books for a tiny field of grass every 3 days does not add anymore challenge to the uncompromising survival. The only thing it adds is add more tedium to the endgame of crafting/refining, and doesn't make it anymore fun. 

Archived