Now in testing - Reap what you Sow

I love that they are trying to add new content and expand farming, but this feels so excessive. It looks like getting basic crops just became a full-time job. I love the bigger farm plots that can hold more than one seed each, but all this info you have to remember and things you have to keep up with makes me absolutely dread this change. Please... new biomes, mobs, bosses... just anything except for more effing chores. I want to be able to leave base sometimes. :confusion:

4 minutes ago, leo920101 said:

This update completely kills Wormwood, am I right?

tell me what's the point to choose Wormwood in game now?

you dont need to till or place farm plots as Wormwood, you can just place seeds anywhere youd like. I believe theres a small disadvantage to this but he still has the major upside of being able to plant his crops everywhere

6 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Adjusted the Bunnyman’s loot table

It's changed to just one item drop which is Carrot (40%), Meat (30%) or Bunny Puff (30%). It may be a little different.

Seems like a meaningful change for farming Carrots and Meats, but it actually buffed Bunny Puff's drop rate.

If anyone was curious and couldn't check for themselves.

Edit:

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

Bunnymen still have a chance of only 2/(3+3+2) = 25% to drop their Bunny Puff, but Meat got nerfed from 75% to 37.5% and Carrot from 2x 100% to 1x 37.5%.

Sorry for misleading

53 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Man, just deleting farms as a whole, huh?

That's gotta be a heavy hit for the base building

Yes! #BreakTheMeta.. thank you Klei <3 Personally I kinda just want to grow crop trees for their funky Cosmetic potential but... I sincerely hope I’m not the only one.

So i played  this update and i can easily say that nobody gonna spend so much time to have so little reward, the crops takes to much effort you gonna see thousands of webbers and wendys mains literraly farming meat and giving to birds to make meatballs until winter to do the same but with ice.

The book only make 10 plants grow, what awesome thing, now i can't barely  do 3 meatbals withou wasting rare resources and a lot of sanity(even not being a problem to recovery) they could easily  done that wicker book don't affect the new crop mechanics as normal plants or even something like makes the plants grow up 50% but keeping the old range and quantity, i like to create bases and  farm but i don't wanna spend almost 15 days watching plants and spending all my time only to get fruits that don't even give a good reward in  comparision with the effort that i put to make them grow and now only wormwood can collect his crops so there's no more "Can you help me collect all this food?".

I literraly loved everthing what klei did until this day, they always did the right choices and did a good balanced and fun game, but now they destroyed two characters to create a insane complex game mechanic..while there's character that need a rework like i sad(webber / max /  wolfgang) to make them more fun to their players. 

3 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

Ah you wanted harder ! We need bottles to do a recipe !

Is that recipe worth it ? 

You need the bottle to make that fertilizer, but once you use it, you get a new empty bottle. So you can keep using the same bottle over and over, only spening the kelp and ashes. So yes, worth it.

43 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I believe theres a small disadvantage to this

the disadvantage seems to me immensely long growing time lol... not to mention Wormwood's wild crops STILL having a spoilage timer after they ripen. I skipped more than 10 days with commands after planting some wild crops and it only grew 1 stage... i didnt end up figuring out how long precisely because i crashed after inspecting something

:cry: idk what to think about this new update when it comes to wormwood... his crops take ages to grow, cant water them or tend to their needs fully, still rot, zero interaction with all the new fertilizers (they heal him for 1 hp lol...) no new unique farming related craftbles either to tend to his unique crops 

3 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

You need the bottle to make that fertilizer, but once you use it, you get a new empty bottle. So you can keep using the same bottle over and over, only spening the kelp and ashes. So yes, worth it.

Ok. I saw a picture above, with different steps. Does it mean we have to wait, or is it instant ?

im happy with everything except for the nerfs on applied horticulture, not because i didnt think it was needed but because im pretty sure it will feel clunky to use

i just hope using it around a few already grown plants wont apply it to them again and leave the ones that actually need growing hanging, or some other spaghetti code issues that could go unnoticed and/or have feedback about them ignored

12 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

what?
the farms never were a meta.

Farms are very much the Meta for console players, and especially for Wurt players

But my question now is Does Wickers Book still instant grow millions of planted Wormwood crops or just 10 of them? :-P

3 minutes ago, Datanon said:

i just hope using it around a few already grown plants wont apply it to them again and leave the ones that actually need growing hanging, or some other spaghetti code issues that could go unnoticed and/or have feedback about them ignored

this doesnt happen, it prioritizes unripe plants. However you have no way to aim it so when ur standing in the middle of ur berry farm it is possible for the book to "waste" some of the 10 boosts on random trees and other stuff around the berry farm :/ ease of use definitely took a nosedive with this change 

here is how i would balance it the normal farm plots can only use random seeds but the new farm field can use all types of seeds random and knowin seeds and from the farmfield you can get multiple crops and seeds at once that way you can still use the simpel farmin where you just put a seed in and the big field where you need to do more but alsol the reward is alsol bigger please klei i think that way everyone can be happy

Yay, I've always wanted the plants to be seasonal!  Not sure about the rest of it, but some parts do sound....intriguing.  "If you neglect your crops it won't be the death of them, but you might regret it"

Yeah that's not sinister at all.  Also the "know your plants' every desire". They HAVE desires? I'm not sure how I feel about that...

All this and more, on the next episode of H.P. Lovecraft's "Harvest Moon" "Don't Starve Together"!

...Notorious

22 minutes ago, Datanon said:

Oh wow that's a good point, I hadn't even thought of this

56 minutes ago, leo920101 said:

This update completely kills Wormwood, am I right?

tell me what's the point to choose Wormwood in game now?

Bramble armor makes year farming a cinch, with cactus and spiky bushes becoming hassle free. Also, he shreds through weaker mobs faster than Abigail could ever dream, and make bee farming stress free. Plus, his Compost is actually worth something with the new fertilizers, being a good fertilizer. He also still can plant crops freely outside of plots, and they function like they did before.

Two things

What will happen to worlds that have improved farms since they are gonna be deleted 

Are they just gonna disappear or what?

Second what's the limited time to get the razor like after 4 days am i gonna get it? Cuz i can't log in to game in the meantime and i really want to get it since it's a limited time.

3 minutes ago, SarmadAsim said:

Two things

What will happen to worlds that have improved farms since they are gonna be deleted 

Are they just gonna disappear or what?

Second what's the limited time to get the razor like after 4 days am i gonna get it? Cuz i can't log in to game in the meantime and i really want to get it since it's a limited time.

I suppose the farm plots would stay intact, but no longer craftable.
They still retain their Prefabs in the game, but had their blueprints and recipes removed.

Archived