Now in testing - Reap what you Sow

On 12/5/2020 at 11:58 AM, Smarf said:

I don’t understand what you mean when you say “wickerbottom cheeses the game.” Picking grass and twigs is a small aspect of this survival game. 

it doesn't matter how small or bothersome it is

every single other character has to deal with it and wait out regrowth while wicker does not.

Hello again! Is there any secret in theme of cultivating Dragon Fruit giants? I fertilized these with manure. In my attempts to create any other mono-culture (and some dual culture with hints) I have been successful, there have always been several giants, but not in this case. Did anyone succeed in this? Maybe Dragon Fruit doesn't have a giant version at all? (I have not check the guides)

20201209222844_1.jpg

37 minutes ago, keterok said:

Hello again! Is there any secret in theme of cultivating Dragon Fruit giants? I fertilized these with manure. In my attempts to create any other mono-culture (and some dual culture with hints) I have been successful, there have always been several giants, but not in this case. Did anyone succeed in this? Maybe Dragon Fruit doesn't have a giant version at all? (I have not check the guides)

20201209222844_1.jpg

i use 2 tomatoes per dragonfruit so i dont need to waste resources in nutrients. If you want do it without another plant, 2 uses of bucket o pop or 2 guano per tile should be enough (i didnt try but the last nutrients rework is meant to work in that way)

also make sure that they have enough water and tend them in every grow stage

every veggie and fruit has a giant variation

27 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i use 2 tomatoes per dragonfruit so i dont need to waste resources in nutrients. If you want do it without anyother plant, 2 uses of bucket o pop or 2 guano per tile should be enough (i didnt try but the last nutrients rework is meant to work in that way)

also make sure that they have enough water and tend them in every grow stage

every veggie and fruit has a giant variation

Thank you, I will try! 

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i forget to say, and anyways in your screenshot doesnt seems to happen, that plants gain stress if you plant 10 or more, i think, per tile so at much you can plant 9 if you want giant crops 

Yes, I just checked Don't Starve wiki and realized that you shouldn't plant them so close, thanks again for the tip!

On 12/6/2020 at 2:28 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

That happend to me with poison birchnuts. They didnt drop any living log

That's normal though. Logs dont drop from trees if bearger just walks over them without an attack. That's been like that since forever

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

yes, i tried with many to see if it was totally bugged but i cant be 100% sure

well in that case, I can't help either. I only know for sure that normal logs don't drop, don't know about living ones

Archived