Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ScottHansen

Now in testing - Reap what you Sow

Maxil20    1701
3 minutes ago, SuperMeatGoy said:

Guys he said the resources are basic that means that having infinite of them makes it balanced. The game doesn't revolve around megabasing.

It doesn't revolve around it, which is why every other non basic material takes time to grind. Basic materials are meant to be simple to get, and easy to farm. The nerf basically makes them Thulecite 2.0 in my eyes.

Lord Cafe    71

So now wicker book only works on 10 plants? why nerfing her? nobody in this game die to starvation or for lack of grass and  twigs dude why people hate so much wicker? almost nobody plays wit her is only wig / wortox / wolfgang or wendy / webber 90% of the time i'm the only wicker in any server the other wicker books are bad, almost useless only good to some traps but is easir to beat the giants with normal atacks than with  thoose traps she was only good to make farms grow and now she's bad in this aspect too what awesome update, hope someone does a mod to bring the old wicker back again after this update because without shes gonna be like D or at least C Tier in solo and MAYBE B on multiplayer. 

Btw Maxwell, Webber need much more a rework  than wicker nerf...

Wardin25    2110
18 minutes ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

I can't wait to see which survivors get a Snowfallen skin this year!

if they are giving a skin 6 survivors each year like in halloween, this year Warly, Wortox, Wormwood, Wurt and Walter are getting one (there are only 17 characters, not 18)

Owlrus    4552

Some people might be like "eh, never really used crops before so-", whereas every Warly main is practically shedding tears of joy; myself...included.

40 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Feeding a Bird in the Birdcage a veggie, will return one seed of the same plant.

Is this because we have more % to receive specific plant while we have a good season for growing it. (for example: In Autumn we will have 60 % to grow carrots or sth. [maybe 60% is too much])

46 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

The random plant chosen from Seeds is now affected by the season

I think it is great idea.

QuartzBeam    4210
Just now, Owlrus said:

"eh, never really used crops before so-"

I mean, that's why this overhaul was needed in the first place.

Just now, Artanis_Squid said:

Is this because we have more % to receive specific plant while we have a good season for growing it. (for example: In Autumn we will have 60 % to grow carrots or sth. [maybe 60% is too much])

I think it is great idea.

Going off the preview image of 1 sprout growing into 3 pomegranates, it looks like proper care will guarantee 3 crops per seed

SuperMeatGoy    164
Just now, Maxil20 said:

It doesn't revolve around it, which is why every other non basic material takes time to grind. Basic materials are meant to be simple to get, and easy to farm. The nerf basically makes them Thulecite 2.0 in my eyes.

If it doesnt revolve around it then there should be no issue. It is easy to get all the grass and twigs you need, even in large servers, without the book. Even mass-producing logs becomes easy late game without the book because of bearger. Never figured thulecite was so easy to get lol

MAMMAL_MAN    181
58 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Neglecting crops won't be the death of them, but you might regret it.

I am getting some gnaw vibes or some creature about this. Good update all around!

Well-met    5633
Just now, QuartzBeam said:

New system looks pretty complex, personally ill stick with clicking a meat on a drying rack lol

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Going off the preview image of 1 sprout growing into 3 pomegranates, it looks like proper care will guarantee 3 crops per seed

Wow it's amazing thx

viberr    1221
8 minutes ago, Lord Cafe said:

So now wicker book only works on 10 plants? why nerfing her? nobody in this game die to starvation or for lack of grass and  twigs dude why people hate so much wicker? almost nobody plays wit her is only wig / wortox / wolfgang or wendy / webber 90% of the time i'm the only wicker in any server the other wicker books are bad, almost useless only good to some traps but is easir to beat the giants with normal atacks than with  thoose traps she was only good to make farms grow and now she's bad in this aspect too what awesome update, hope someone does a mod to bring the old wicker back again after this update because without shes gonna be like D or at least C Tier in solo and MAYBE B on multiplayer. 

Btw Maxwell, Webber need much more a rework  than wicker nerf...

ummm yeah maxwell and webber are gonna get their rework soon its just that with this new update they had to nerf wickerbottom to make it more balanced i would presume 

also i have to say i really hate that sarcasm you used.i use sarcasm mainly to make jokes but you using sarcasm to call this update bad is just rude considering how tirelessly the devs have been wotking on these updates

Maxil20    1701
3 minutes ago, SuperMeatGoy said:

If it doesnt revolve around it then there should be no issue. It is easy to get all the grass and twigs you need, even in large servers, without the book. Even mass-producing logs becomes easy late game without the book because of bearger. Never figured thulecite was so easy to get lol

It can be, but it still takes a lot of time. Grinding 480 grass takes 1 ingame day, and even in the endgame that can dissipate fast. Even with boards I have major struggles grinding them with bearger, despite me netting over 1400+ boards per run.

I know it's possible, but it's tedious. It's not like you are receiving major rewards for harvesting grass, you just harvest it because you need to. I don't find it fun, and I don't find it entertaining. Having ways to speed up the process is welcome, and the 3 book nerfs are complete opposite of how to do so.

Zeklo    19941
1 minute ago, MewGamer said:

If the new Christmas skins are snowfallen, then i guess it's one more patch without a Webber skin... Pretty excited tho

Hopefully the next rework is Webber. Then we'll get a new skin for him too!

SuperMeatGoy    164
2 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

It can be, but it still takes a lot of time. Grinding 480 grass takes 1 ingame day, and even in the endgame that can dissipate fast. Even with boards I have major struggles grinding them with bearger, despite me netting over 1400+ boards per run.

I know it's possible, but it's tedious. It's not like you are receiving major rewards for harvesting grass, you just harvest it because you need to. I don't find it fun, and I don't find it entertaining. Having ways to speed up the process is welcome, and the 3 book nerfs are complete opposite of how to do so.

wtf would you need 1.4k boards and 480 grass for besides megabasing

Pinegrove    2078

Ah, a mighty big potato to fill the belly of the mighty big... potato.

This update sounds like a ton of fun. Perhaps there would be new recipes as well, to accompany the new crops. Great work, Klei!

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Including, new skins added to the Snowfallen collection! 

I didn't see that one coming! I'm not quite sure if it's character skins, but still, pretty cool. I love the new twitch skin drop, I was looking to own an alchemy engine? skin.