Wigfrid's Character Refresh is Now Available!

--Apparently she was quite successful (or already came from a wealthy family?) if her house looks like THAT...(Okay we only see a couple rooms and a hallway.  It still has a "mansiony" feel to me.)

--ANOTHER character who disappeared around the same time as the San Francisco earthquake!  (Along with Maxy and Charlie.)  The way this real-life historical tragic event is woven into DST's lore is also why, for the longest time, my head semi-canon was that Abigail might've died from the Spanish Flu in 1918, by the way.  We now know otherwise, but considering there was already ONE piece of real-life history in the lore...

--THAT'S what she thinks her voice sounds like?!  (dies laughing)

--Paper dragon...suddenly, this is Epistory!  Wait, that's probably just me thinking that...

--Evolved Wigfrid reminds me a bit of my Sim version of her:

simwigfrid.thumb.png.3f692ad4d66455bb0eaf83793c220427.png

(from Sims _3_, in case anyone's wondering:  it's a lot easier to make specific characters in 'cos it's soooooooooooooo much more customisable than any other Sims game.)  MOST BADASS SIM I've ever made, bar none.  :D

...and having Maxwell call her "Pal" like when you first wake up in singleplayer is just the icing on the cake.  >:D

...Notorious

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Diaboliko said:

I hope Im just paranoid and Im seeing nothing

Teaser of this short Klei has posted back in August is much clearer, and it's just a bunch of people with shields and spears. Probably a photo of Wigfrid and her fellow actors in costumes.

aaa.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Seems indeed this update/re-work kept Wigfrid's solid core intact, which is perfect. Her new Inspiration meter isn't much of a bother/annoyance if one doesn't want to use her new Stagecraft songs (that are absolutely facultative), the moot point I feared (aka Inspiration mechanic being mandatory) - glad to see it wasn't the case. And if one chooses to employ said songs, their short animation doesn't really interrupt fighting more than a simple kite would. For me is a bit of a downer she didn't get some new weapon in tune with her Viking persona, but all-in-all is ok. Art is top notch (except her songs' animations, something seems to have gone wrong there, being not polished), her video reveals more lore and adjacent Twitch skin is most welcomed. Props for the small Beef Backpack, Spear, and Bed Roll skins!

As for the songs themselves, most are kinda contextual, and only one which counts in relation to my play-style being "Weaponized Warble" (25% less wear per hit comes in handy, more so for rare weapons like Thule Club), with a bit of "Clear Minded Cadenza" (more sanity gained) and "Bel Canto of Courage" (50% less sanity sanity drain from auras) for good measure.

• Like 1

Hello Klei Dev Team @JoeW @nome @JanH

I would really like to upgrade my Minotaur Wigfrids look to include this beautiful Winged Armor clothing you guys added today, But a really hate how the sleeves are Yellow, it ruins the whole Minotaur Wigfrid look, is there anyway I can get a Sleeve-less version of this armor without the yellow sleeves please? Thanks So much!

AF75166C-45E4-43C8-B078-03627CFAB3D8.jpeg

813B09ED-A549-407A-8674-482ABFF94E51.jpeg

• Like 2

On non boss entities, i find inspiration will not last long enough for me to make use of a song against larger groups of enemies as i have tested against a bunny hoard and 40 pigs. Does inspiration need to decay slower or am i doing something wrong?

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Hallowed Nights is coming up next month and we really wanted to focus on the content update so we aren't making a lot of changes to it this year, but we will have a little bit of new stuff and some fun new Hallowed Nights Skins.

The team is working hard on the next big update we're calling "Forgotten Knowledge". We're keeping this all under wraps for now, but we'll have more details as we get closer to the October content update. Maybe this little teaser will be enough to hold you over until then. 

Does this also mean it's true that Wigfrid got her refresh now because she needed less work to be refreshed than other characters? And Hallowed Nights is good enough as is, so I'm glad to hear it's only getting a small update so the focus can stay on Forgotten Knowledge!

Since the last klei reward point link was released, we have not received the reward point link for a long time.

I don’t know when I will be able to redeem all the circus skins I missed. Maybe next year?:-(

Edited by Pikapikap
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Bug Fixes

• Fallounders and Bloomfin Tuna can now be placed in the Crock Pot, contributing as small meat and small fish.

I'm pretty sure these two fish drop leafmeat on death, but why contributing as morsel and small fish in crockpot?

• Sanity 2