Wigfrid's Character Refresh is Now Available!

Okay so, i believe the Wigfred rework was a Huge success. However, i don't believe it to be the same for all charecters and playstyles, a couple of issues i would like to bring up is how troublesome the game can be for fellow wurt players. ever since the sanity from fish mechanic was removed from wurt, i feel like she was never properly comfensated for her power budget. During winter can be the toughest times for a merm player. people using your vegi's as filler (especially to warly main's) you see wurt and warly are my favorite charecters to pick in dst And the farming mechanic  so happens to be my favorite mechanic in dst. it provides unique fruit that do wonky things. but the problem with farming is it takes up WAY TOO MUCH TIME grinding up the ingriedients you need  to get them running. (im looking at rocks)

mining rock and using  up all the rocks in your base that other survivors needed isn't a good feeling in my stomac, either. the resources in this game are so unbalenced. 

if i were to ask you whats easier, fighting deerclops or setting up a farm and you answered deerclops i wouldn't blame you. making a vegi ffarm is only half the battle, then thier is the deminishing return on your crops. i don't like the mechanic of feeding birds seeds and a random seed comes out the bird. If i put pepper in the bird, i expect nothing but pepper seeds. thier should be no reason why  my pumpkin i grinded so hard to get comes out as one pumpkin seed, and some random., especially if its day 17. Farming already takes So freaking long. and then thiers the factor of people ALWAYS leaveing after before winter to join another server. I had one server ban me for resetting the world, but when i was playing it NO ONE wanted to join. how am i supposed to be wurt, join a winter game and expect to fend for myself? i want a buff to wurt please

The most triggering thing to see as wurt is. abandoning boat, see that you took no stat losses. but here comes spring rain or winter rain, and your loosing sanity out the ass. like EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?!? am i not an amphibion? did i not grow up in a swamp? am i not part frog part fish?!?!? is a swamp not wetlands? why is wurt being negatively affected by wetness, but doesn';t get mashed up when she's in the desert biome? why does wurt get attacked by frogs? cmon klei add some ACTUAL wurt properties or mechanics to wurt. Monster charecters are supposed to have abilities that naturally allow them to survive in the constant

• Wormwood can calm tree gaurds and gains 1 hp+ every 5 seconds in rain and doesn't loose sanity
  • wortox has a 15% more chance to spawn a Krampus or krampus sack. or the alternative: at 20% or less sanity wortox's pig sack transforms into a krampus sack and can hold souls (only works for wortox)
  • Balance walter
  • Woody punching treegaurds with his axe does the same amount of damage as a darksword 
  • Taming a beefalo should take 12 days instead of 25 days or lower the beefalo hunger to 150 a day, or cut the cost when a beefalo is on grassy turf
  • Lower the cost to make fences because people only make them for bosses and beefalo pins and making a log cage sucks up around 8 stacks of wood, not to mention building a boat does the same too( Like seroiusly, who wants to blow 12 stacks of wood on a boat that moves slower than a nightmare shadow. you'd think the boats would advance into actual cargo ships instead of stay rafts at that price.
  •  

"Too much resources are being poured into side objective activities and it's pushing players away from completing such challenges" 

im ranting about all of this because i just speant 35 days pouring love into my ornary beefalo; trying to make it permanantly mines just so spring can come and frog rain Comletely just oblitorate it offscreen (i was hoping leaving the beefalo off screen would stop the beefalo from being affected but apearently now)

im upset

43 minutes ago, clayblob2 said:
  • Wormwood can calm tree gaurds and gains 1 hp+ every 5 seconds in rain and doesn't loose sanity
  • wortox has a 15% more chance to spawn a Krampus or krampus sack. or the alternative: at 20% or less sanity wortox's pig sack transforms into a krampus sack and can hold souls (only works for wortox)
  • Balance walter
  • Woody punching treegaurds with his axe does the same amount of damage as a darksword 
  • Taming a beefalo should take 12 days instead of 25 days or lower the beefalo hunger to 150 a day, or cut the cost when a beefalo is on grassy turf
  • Lower the cost to make fences because people only make them for bosses and beefalo pins and making a log cage sucks up around 8 stacks of wood, not to mention building a boat does the same too( Like seroiusly, who wants to blow 12 stacks of wood on a boat that moves slower than a nightmare shadow. you'd think the boats would advance into actual cargo ships instead of stay rafts at that price.

I dont like any of these :(

• Sanity 1

46 minutes ago, clayblob2 said:
  • Balance walter

For someone saying the game should be fixed, these "Suggestions" are very broken.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, zee_dragon said:

For someone saying the game should be fixed, these "Suggestions" are very broken.

The charecters need actual diversity and to actually reflect thier lore. hey guess what? you know what else is broken? Frogs. have you ever been hit with frog rain? yeah i'll hit you up on discord

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I dont like any of these :(

well if any of these changes, makes it through. i hope its the one that lowers the beefalo hunger consumption per day. that or the rain mechanic about wurt. because those just are justifying a problem going on for a while.and i assume when you say you dont like any of these, you mean the wortox one right? because it seems the game loves to punish us for playing certain charecters but doesn't reward us for making the right choices no? let me throw you an example

i love how people are complaining about my subjestions being broken, yet wickerbottom's applied horoculture can literally break the whole aspect of wickerbottom getting rid of the starve aspect of dont starve. i like how my subgestion about wormwood healing 1hp every so often is broken  ever so often is broken yet, wortox healing wormwood wasn't brought up when discussing broken things. My suggestions would't bring anymore brokeness then thier is in this game.. its SO hARD for wormwood to heal all year long, but when i reccomend that "Hey guys maybe since wormwood is a plant, can he get one season where he's actually good at the game" everyone jumps down my throat like a hound before winter. you guys don't like change. Everyones talking about these GAME BREAKING things that negate sanity. but forget the fact that thier is a little boy that doesn't take sanity loss from rain meanwhile we have a plant and a frog that do?! how dumb is that . absolutely stupid. don't come to me about broken. 

walter, our last suvivor has been realeased with roughly 5 abilities and 16 hidden abilities, mean while wolfgang in mighty mode still can't lift up a marbel statue and walk at normal speeds, despite the fact that he was a weight lifter in the curcuis

hypocrits, Giant hypocrits

3 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Tbh as far as wurt goes at this point I'd just accept if they removed kelp and fish from building requirements and call it a day but that aside I feel she just needs a quality of life update rather than serious changes

You see thats what im talking about. EXCACTLY. Either make life for wurt easier, or give her more things to comphensate for her problems. how is she supposed to make "Mermerica great again"? 

enslave her own people? engage in a racist war against the pigs? whats next build a wall around pigs and toss a twinky in the middle. reduce pigs too pig skin cattle turning the flesh of thier dead enemies into a carpet where her king rests? is it just me or is wurt a lil to barbaric. Not only that but when klei released that skin for wurt. the pink one you know. and i was kind of upset because i thought the salamander was red up until they REALLY emphasised her being a girl. and me personally i would have preffered wurt being more of a tomboyish kind of charecter. it's just with wurt i feel like  we should decide her gender because the only skins i can wear that make wurt looks like a guy is the shark and the angler skin, the victorious one makes is like as though im a snobby rich merm from harvored

Edited by clayblob2
i typed like a child, simply because i couldn't find my glasses

25 minutes ago, clayblob2 said:
Spoiler

The charecters need actual diversity and to actually reflect thier lore. hey guess what? you know what else is broken? Frogs. have you ever been hit with frog rain? yeah i'll hit you up on discord

well if any of these changes, makes it through. i hope its the one that lowers the beefalo hunger consumption per day. that or the rain mechanic about wurt. because those just are justifying a problem going on for a while.and i assume when you say you dont like any of these, you mean the wortox one right? because it seems the game loves to punish us for playing certain charecters but doesn't reward us for making the right choices no? let me throw you an example

i love how people are complaining about my subjestions being broken, yet wickerbottom's applied horoculture can literally break the whole aspect of wickerbottom getting rid of the starve aspect of dont starve. i like how my subgestion about wormwood healing 1hp every so often is broken  ever so often is broken yet, wortox healing wormwood wasn't brought up when discussing broken things. My suggestions would't bring anymore brokeness then thier is in this game.. its SO hARD for wormwood to heal all year long, but when i reccomend that "Hey guys maybe since wormwood is a plant, can he get one season where he's actually good at the game" everyone jumps down my throat like a hound before winter. you guys don't like change. Everyones talking about these GAME BREAKING things that negate sanity. but forget the fact that thier is a little boy that doesn't take sanity loss from rain meanwhile we have a plant and a frog that do?! how dumb is that . absolutely stupid. don't come to me about broken. 

walter, our last suvivor has been realeased with roughly 5 abilities and 16 hidden abilities, mean while wolfgang in mighty mode still can't lift up a marbel statue and walk at normal speeds, despite the fact that he was a weight lifter in the curcuis

hypocrits, Giant hypocrits

They were just saying these particular suggestions are not very good and I agree with that. There is stuff to be changed, but that is for Klei to decide. They aren't just looking at lists of changes people want and just pick one list and apply all of it. 
Especially when they're not on topic. This is Wigfrid refresh, if you want to suggest changes maybe try Suggestions and Feedback instead of ranting on an update post. 
Thanks

3 hours ago, BezKa said:

They were just saying these particular suggestions are not very good and I agree with that. There is stuff to be changed, but that is for Klei to decide. They aren't just looking at lists of changes people want and just pick one list and apply all of it. 
Especially when they're not on topic. This is Wigfrid refresh, if you want to suggest changes maybe try Suggestions and Feedback instead of ranting on an update post. 
Thanks

where else to talk about a refresh, than the current refresh thread. people are looking, we already know wigfred is fine. just two days ago me and 2 other wigfreds fought dfly without any walls built. we just raw dogged it. it was dumb easy we fought the fire larve and all. i think wigfred is straight

2 hours ago, clayblob2 said:

¿Alguna vez te ha golpeado la lluvia de ranas?

if your problems are the frogs ... well there is the moose/goose or the dragonfly ... I don't see a problem there, just being something more or less annoying

deshacerse del aspecto de no morir de hambre

If you know what to do in the period of time between the beginning and the end of autumn, any character breaks what it is to starve.

es MUY DIFÍCIL que el ajenjo se cure durante todo el año

Wormwood is a plant ... but do you know if they are xerophytes, hydrophytes or mephophytes? depending on that it can vary a lot ... A LOT.

curativo de wortox no se mencionó cuando se hablaba de cosas rotas.

that's true, i won't deny it.

hipócritas, hipócritas gigantes

okaaaay... i'm sensing a looooot of anger here.

esclavizar a su propia gente?

I know this is a game mechanic, but it is your choice whether you want to have an enslaved kingdom or live happily wherever you want to settle and fight your own battles without involving your kingdom.

personalmente hubiera preferido que wurt fuera un personaje

that is something else ... I don't see what the great and atrocious problem is with her being a girl ...

:willow:sorry for my poor english

Edited by A3_21

On 24/09/2020 at 13:33, Knowbodie said:

Pessoal, acabei de perceber que não há link de spools / pontos : wilson_cry:

É meus amigos e pelo visto vai ser difícil conseguir pontos o suficientes para adquirir todas as skins na página de recompensa viu! Eu louco por todas e temendo perde-las no futuro, se ao menos os desenvolvedores criassem formas mais eficientes de se obter tais pontos tipo bonus por comprar conteúdos e etc.. Quem sabe né!

On 9/30/2020 at 10:41 AM, clayblob2 said:

Not only that but when klei released that skin for wurt. the pink one you know. and i was kind of upset because i thought the salamander was red up until they REALLY emphasised her being a girl.

Whoa whoa whoa. Don't dis the axolotl!

... But what does Wurt have to do with Wigfrid?

I just up and read that long post. Did... Did you post in the wrong thread or something? Wurt is cool and all and she does need some touch-ups pretty badly, but sir, this is a Wendy's Wigfrid Update thread.

• Like 2

Well.. to get this off the topic of Wurt & back on topic of Wigfrid here is the TL:DR of my opinion.

At first I thought that it was wrong to want to see Wigfrid who isn’t even a real Viking.. getting new Viking abilities in her rework- But then I realized that the whole reason she was even lured into the constant to begin with, was so she could play Viking.

Edited by Mike23Ua

7 hours ago, emo_noodles101 said:

also wondering... when is Hallowed Nights starting? I can't wait to see everyone's new costumes this year! Especially Wurt, since her birthday is coming up. 

Hide contents

(ik it's not important, but Wurt's birthday is two days after mine, and shes my favorite character!)

ASAP hopefully! So excited, my first proper seasonal event and I have overprepared in a big way ×_×

10 hours ago, Kaos42 said:

What do you guys think the next update will bring?

Hallowed nights event, Hallowed Nights character skins, Hallowed Nights belongings.

I wait an entire years worth of time for THIS time of year (as well as Christmas..) For the Holiday inspired theme, skins and belongings cosmetics.

I am already saddened by Klei’s statement that most their focus is on Return of Them Forbidden Knowledge so the Hallowed Nights event remains mostly unchanged.. :( But I am super hopeful they make it up to me with the character and belonging skins that will no doubt arrive with the event!