Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

16 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Also why Wurt can't trade with king while Wortox and Webber can? What's the point of it in lore?

she hates pigs meanwhile wortox and webber are victims of pigs racism

as we can see, pigs and merms arent smart species

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why didn’t WintersFeast get a Community event like we had with Hallowed Nights? I would’ve loved to have seen Klei take the photos we submit in and make a Snowflake or Santa Hat or Christmas Tree or Something out of them like they made the Jack-o-Lantern for Hallowed Nights.

Im not too terribly disappointed in this though: as I am certain they’re hard at work on new game content for us to enjoy. :wilson_love: 

it was a lot of work, im surprise of how kind were klei doing it and, also, giving us a very good skin for it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GertrudeFremont said:

Hi, how can i keep wet my farm in winter? Because there is no water (all is frozen)

The ponds in caves don't freeze in winter. Hot springs (Lunar) and the vitreoasis (Lunar Grotto) can also be used to fill up watering cans. Other than that, you can stockpile filled-up watering cans or even use ice/water balloons in emergencies, although they're quite inefficient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a question for Wormwood players: How do you guys engage in the new RWYS content without suffering a massive hit to your Sanity? I am trying to play him in the new RWYS update but I run into a problem of not being able to prevent Sanity lost while having to engage with basic gardening features (uprooting all the weeds and forget me lots to plant food yielding crops) I actually had to STOP farming and waste a use of a Tent to get Sanity back to stable levels with him: and outside of that new Tea (which is excellent sanity restoring foods) I haven’t found any decent reliable way of staying Sane as Wormwood during the whole shoveling up and removing of things in my farm plots.

I know all the sanity restoring measures like planting more seeds or trees.. but surely I can’t be the only one who struggles to stay sane while trying to clean/uproot unwanted things from your gardens as Wormwood.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have a question for Wormwood players: How do you guys engage in the new RWYS content without suffering a massive hit to your Sanity? I am trying to play him in the new RWYS update but I run into a problem of not being able to prevent Sanity lost while having to engage with basic gardening features (uprooting all the weeds and forget me lots to plant food yielding crops) I actually had to STOP farming and waste a use of a Tent to get Sanity back to stable levels with him: and outside of that new Tea (which is excellent sanity restoring foods) I haven’t found any decent reliable way of staying Sane as Wormwood during the whole shoveling up and removing of things in my farm plots.

I know all the sanity restoring measures like planting more seeds or trees.. but surely I can’t be the only one who struggles to stay sane while trying to clean/uproot unwanted things from your gardens as Wormwood.

Just keep planting? Digging up stuff results in less sanity loss then planting stuff. Once you have a seed producing garden weeds and other undesirables become less common, meaning you're gaining sanity 95% of the time.

Edited by BoySyrup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I know all the sanity restoring measures like planting more seeds or trees.. but surely I can’t be the only one who struggles to stay sane while trying to clean/uproot unwanted things from your gardens as Wormwood

Even with the reduced probability of the birds leaving seeds (the new update), its easy to regain Sanity with the plant boi, just keep planting ;)

Okay so uhm I’m going to ask this in this thread, because I’m not really certain it deserves its OWN thread but I kinda wanna get Dev attention on this, I finally got my Klei shop gifts in the mail today (YaY!) but the gifts I got included something called a Lanyard.. now personally I have absolutely no idea what a Lanyard is or What people use them for.. but nonetheless once I got it.. I realized that it is a very inexpensive souvenir for the game with TONS of beautifully drawn art of the mobs that inhabit Don’t Starve.

As can be seen here: https://shop.klei.com/product/dont-starve-lanyard/

But as you can see: this Lanyard is for the 2013 Single Player game.. so my question is can we get a SECOND Lanyard with 2021 mobs and designs from DST on it?

Such as Moose Woodie, Enraged Bernie, Pipspook, Bee Queen, Malabatross, Singing Wigfrid, Return of Them update related stuff like Fully decked out Boat Cookie, RockJaw shark, Shattered Spider, Saladmander, Mushgnome, Molebat, and of course.. CHARLIE!

73ACB4BF-37B6-43B1-AA29-7D18064ADDE5.thumb.png.7b37c0cf57f2750b50f947a0e283c20f.png

The Lanyard as I said is a very reasonably priced souvenir that portrays so many of the games mobs and it’s characters- It should be a must own item for any DS fan.

But @JoeW is there any chance at all that a secondary Lanyard showcasing DSTs newer content updates can happen?

I would totally LOVE that! :) :wickerbottomthanks:

• Like 3

For any Winona mains who play on public servers, what do you build? The only build I've seen that looks practical and reasonable for the early game is the offshore boat catapult for Deerclops, but even that might be hard to coordinate. How many catapults do you use for each task?

2 hours ago, DipsNuts said:

After much trial and tribulation, I have finally soloed BeeQueen...

Where do I use Jellybeans :? I'm so hesitant to use it since it's so hard to get :wilson_cry:

thats on you man. i mainly use them for big boss fights like fuelweaver or toadstool and i sometimes use them when i go to the ruins but most of the time there just sat there in my chests doing nothing because like you said they are quite hard to get 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DipsNuts said:

Where do I use Jellybeans :? I'm so hesitant to use it since it's so hard to get :wilson_cry:

They're always a good option for when you anticipate a lot of fighting in the next minute or two. A boss fight, clearing the ruins, creating a bunch of 1% football helmets to place in random players' inventories, etc. If you're missing a lot of health you can even just use them to recover it over time, especially as Warly and Wormwood.

You can also use the jellybeans to get the jellybeans by fighting Bee Queen again. :wilson_wink:

Edited by Cheggf
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DipsNuts said:

well you'd think they are good boss fight healing, but in reality they are pretty slow for quick-healing during fights. They help ofc, but tbh i use them most for situation when i'm freezing/overheating or starving and don't want to stop, it can keep me going for a while. Honestly my advice is use them, i used to stock pile on them for no reason. Use them, by the time you'll need another batch you'll be more than ready to slay her again.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

37 minutes ago, stranger again said:

hey everyone 

whats the fastest way of spawning lord of the fruit flies?

I believe the fastest way would be producing a bunch of plants with 2 stress (since giant crops take longer to spoil while unhappy plants take longer to grow) then just letting them rot instead of harvesting them. I haven't tested it, though, I'm just basing it off the wiki stating that rotting farm plants accelerates his spawn.

Why do I have to be near a Tackle Receptacle to craft fishing lures? Why is this structure NOT like almost everything else in the game? (As in a learn how to make its craftables at its station and can craft more while out on adventures..)

It is highly annoying to have to go back to the Receptacle structure to create more fishing lures. :wilson_worried:

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why do I have to be near a Tackle Receptacle to craft fishing lures? Why is this structure NOT like almost everything else in the game? (As in a learn how to make its craftables at its station and can craft more while out on adventures..)

It is highly annoying to have to go back to the Receptacle structure to create more fishing lures. :wilson_worried:

because if not we will end with 234242 crafting tabs, also, if you dont miss the fishing, you will never need more lures and baits