Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

10 minutes ago, themightyone said:

Ok , guess I will probably have to skip it for now since its late winter and I have to sail back and construct one and sail back. Weird though , the wiki says any insulatory gear works. I should have it completed by Summer anyway hopefully . 

To get the pearl do you just have to get to level 10 ? Or do you have to get to 10 and trade empty bottles as well ?

as i know you dont need to trade, just reach 10 points

i dont know about the clothes, i tried with bearger coat and hats but i cant remember if she doesnt acepted them because doesnt work or because it wasnt snowing

32 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i dont know about the clothes, i tried with bearger coat and hats but i cant remember if she doesnt acepted them because doesnt work or because it wasnt snowing

Thanks , Pearl and Crab king will definitely be a one and done quest for me per world. What a tedious bunch of crap it is. 

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

wait until you actually have to fight crab king

I am trying it on my longtime Wolfgang solo world and have watched a fair amount of strategy vids , so as long as I'm in mighty form , use the 8 purple gem method and spam the ice staff when the water starts bubbling . Oh and have the boat positioned in the right spot. Thinking that may be easier than Pearl's bs . But I'm sure it'll take a few tries either way.

Is that the basic idea of the fight ?

9 minutes ago, themightyone said:

I am trying it on my longtime Wolfgang solo world and have watched a fair amount of strategy vids , so as long as I'm in mighty form , use the 8 purple gem method and spam the ice staff when the water starts bubbling . Oh and have the boat positioned in the right spot. Thinking that may be easier than Pearl's bs . But I'm sure it'll take a few tries either way.

Is that the basic idea of the fight ?

Yes

but in my opinion crab king is 100x more of a chore than Pearl

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themightyone said:

o get the pearl do you just have to get to level 10 ? Or do you have to get to 10 and trade empty bottles as well ?

to get the pearl im pretty sure you need to get her to level 10 and get her home fully completed 

i hope you're having fun doing her storyline because i find it really fun :wilson_smile:

On 12/31/2020 at 11:01 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I finally got to level 10 and got Pearl's pearl ! 

It was a Puffy vest she took that got me the pearl. Now I just need to locate the Crab king . This quest takes forever...

4 minutes ago, themightyone said:

I finally got to level 10 and got Pearl's pearl ! 

It was a Puffy vest she took that got me the pearl. Now I just need to locate the Crab king . This quest takes forever...

its a late game quest

remember that one of the recipes of the archives is to make a structure to locate him

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

Why isn't Wagstaff in DST yet?

Most likely, developers now have other priorities, and they are busy with other things. We can only wait and hope for his speedy arrival.

I was thinking... why don't developers make comics that can cover up some plot holes or issues?
Of course, I understand that it may seem unnecessary to them, because they are making a game in the first place, but why not, in principle. This could at least somehow bring us a plot that we have been waiting for for a long time. What do you think of this?

Spoiler

Here's something like this could be done. The developers have already made comics before, so it looks logical to me personally. And even more so, these comics could be sold and profit from them.
377f6e5e-dc6f-44cb-a90f-657f517f5604

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Russian_Philin said:

Most likely, developers now have other priorities, and they are busy with other things. We can only wait and hope for his speedy arrival.

I was thinking... why don't developers make comics that can cover up some plot holes or issues?
Of course, I understand that it may seem unnecessary to them, because they are making a game in the first place, but why not, in principle. This could at least somehow bring us a plot that we have been waiting for for a long time. What do you think of this?

Reveal hidden contents

Here's something like this could be done. The developers have already made comics before, so it looks logical to me personally. And even more so, these comics could be sold and profit from them.
377f6e5e-dc6f-44cb-a90f-657f517f5604

You mean like Injustice and it’s Sequel Injustice 2? if you DON’T read those comics in between the set-ups of each game your going to be lost beyond lost.. I try to keep up with it because I know Injustice 3 is on the horizon but holy milk cow Batman... a lot has gone on since the ending of the game through the comics, so it’s less a continuation of Injustice 2.. and more like it’s own thing that took like 80 comics to reach.

(in other words- they probably just make the game to sell 80 something comic books to go along beside it)

I don’t think it would be very beneficial to Klei to sale comics for DS/DST- unlike DC they aren’t a comics company first and foremost, and then a movie/game company secondly. 

And.. besides if they had the option to hire more Klei staff for doing comics, or hire more people to help with game content updates: I would prefer content updates.

But: I wouldn’t be against a DS comic/Tv series, I just wouldn’t want it to take time away from having the games I enjoy playing updated with more content.

• Like 1

I have a question: Why does Klei hate basic human functions? This isn’t a complaint or me bashing Klei, it’s a joke that proclaims I NEED TO PEE!! I hate having to exit my game and return to the dashboard to take a bathroom break, there really should be some way of pausing DST, I can pause Single player DS.. but not DST. :( I have bad bladder problems and have to go pee a lot.. so tons of exiting to dash/reloading back into the game rinse repeat for me.

I would love it if “pause button” was consider for the next QoL patch update.

• Big Ups 1

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have a question: Why does Klei hate basic human functions? This isn’t a complaint or me bashing Klei, it’s a joke that proclaims I NEED TO PEE!! I hate having to exit my game and return to the dashboard to take a bathroom break, there really should be some way of pausing DST, I can pause Single player DS.. but not DST. :( I have bad bladder problems and have to go pee a lot.. so tons of exiting to dash/reloading back into the game rinse repeat for me.

I know this isn't a very satisfying answer but there is a mod that does this and I rely entirely on it's existence. Would never play without.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Probably because games are hosted rather than stored on the local device

Why didn’t WintersFeast get a Community event like we had with Hallowed Nights? I would’ve loved to have seen Klei take the photos we submit in and make a Snowflake or Santa Hat or Christmas Tree or Something out of them like they made the Jack-o-Lantern for Hallowed Nights.

Im not too terribly disappointed in this though: as I am certain they’re hard at work on new game content for us to enjoy. :wilson_love: 

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Sad Dupe 1