Licensed Don't Starve Mobile Game (Don't Starve: Newhome)

Hello Future Research Subject,

We have received your application to be included in the “Don't Starve: Newhome” Closed Beta Test study. This letter is to confirm that your application has been received and processed. As a respected member of the scientific community, we appreciate your desire to take part in this trial.

Please review all the details below in preparation for this exciting new endeavor:
1.    Your application has been received and will be evaluated to determine if you have the expertise, courage, and moxie to take part in our research. If selected, you will be one of 5,000 participants.
2.    If you are chosen to participate, you will be notified by email on June 14th. We will also kindly let you know if you will not be included in this round of testing, but we encourage you to keep pursuing your endeavors in the scientific field.

Please note, Don’t Starve: Newhome is not responsible for any bodily harm that may come to your person during this experimental phase. We’re sure you understand that by agreeing to participate, you may experience potential side effects, including but not limited to vivid hallucinations, attacks by strange and sometimes giant creatures, and of course, starvation. We know you to be a valiant alchemist and every confidence that you will make it out unscathed!  

We at Don’t Starve: Newhome are looking forward to seeing you again after the Global Launch. Keep your eyes on our website and official social channels for new information regarding upcoming content and events as we are excited to explore this unique world together with you!

The way this is worded, it sounds like the introduction to a isekai. Where people are pulled by their phones into a digital simulation of the Constant.

I'm not a huge mobile game guy, but I'm interested in seeing what this ends up looking like.
I won't judge it until it's actually in a playable state for the public to see, it could be cool.
Shovel Knight did the same exact thing (seriously, they have like, 2 simplified mobile-y spinoff games in the works) and no one complained
Let's see how this pans out...

This looks absolutely dreadful. If I were Klei I wouldn't have mentioned a word and let people just think it was a shoddy knockoff game. It would have been less embarrassing. I hope the licensing fee is decent enough to help fund actual quality games and content.

i hope this get a pc version aswell since mobile is the worse gaming platform and i don't really like awesome games such as this to be mobile exclusive, don't even have to make the pc version different, we would be able to play it anyway through a mobile emulator but i find kinda hard to make the emulator work

Well, it looks specifically like a Hamlet ripoff. One can only hope that licensing fee profits will be big enough to at least partially go towards Hamlet development while DST is being milked to fund current passion projects. Then I wouldn't really mind existence of this ripoff, just please don't bring stuff from it to DS and DST.

16 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Would the devs of Newhome even have known about Hamlet at the time this got started?
image.png.44654411882059f0def15de635db61a5.png

Haha there's absolutely no way this game was in development for 2 years. They may have asked for the license at that time but this thing looks thrown together in the span of a few months. I mean look at the screenshots on their site there are weapons they made themselves that look like they were made in paint.

I know its in beta but it looks weird with the default weapons next to the new ones because they are in a different style. it would look better if they styleized the old weapons.

i mean just look at the chill spear compared to the ice staff.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 8.11.31 PM.png

Main reason why im not playing is because its on mobile, i would try it if it were on pc.

20 minutes ago, TheHollowKnight said:

I know its in beta but it looks weird with the default weapons next to the new ones because they are in a different style. it would look better if they styleized the old weapons.

i mean just look at the chill spear compared to the ice staff.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 8.11.31 PM.png

Main reason why im not playing is because its on mobile, i would try it if it were on pc.

I saw that too and complained about it almost immediately, but looking at other screenshots I noticed existing DS/T content is getting re-drawn for this game, so I'm not too doubtful that they're eventually getting to all these items to make them fit this game's style

image.thumb.png.f1913d2a7dcf0345140a82d9bf29e8e6.png

Notice the spider, berry bush, and Moose/Goose.

8 hours ago, JoeW said:

You're going to want to message them on facebook or the feedback form. We aren't operating the game so we won't be able to answer your question on this, sorry.

Having the same problem with my email. Said "please provide your correct APPLE ID" and I'm like, this IS my apple id.

Edit Got it done, and got the confirmation e-mail. 

Archived