Licensed Don't Starve Mobile Game (Don't Starve: Newhome)

10 minutes ago, Pandawee said:

This image is the home screen of Darkest Dungeon. The game here in question I believe you didn't have to go there.

I only raised her because of the artistic similarity between the games, which for me is very pleasant hehe.

About your theory ... "Klei multiverse" *-*

Wait, so Klei helped out with Darkest Dungeon? I assume it was the art side

One thing I worry with this game is how much of my system it will bite out. I remember installing IdentityV and that had a huge chunk of data biting out for just installing.

One thing I hope is this means we earn the tencent skins from way back when Tencent users got the roseate firepit and torch.

The delivery on this news is definitely better than how Activision-Blizzard handled their mobile title.

While I don't have a cellular/smart phone, I can appreciate that there are people here who'll give this an honest go and see how it plays out.

15 minutes ago, Bellium said:

That's exactly why I questioned my forum colleague haha

The art style also apparently inspired KRAFTON's Mistover game too.

It's just curiosity, I follow most of the social networks of these artists and I like to be aware of the work and projects that are involved ...

I'm like an "art stalker"?

8 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

The delivery on this news is definitely better than how Activision-Blizzard handled their mobile title.

While I don't have a cellular/smart phone, I can appreciate that there are people here who'll give this an honest go and see how it plays out.

Yes! The public had been waiting for many years for a new Diablo for platforms then that announcement ... Klei works on numerous projects simultaneously without abandoning the other games so it is very satisfying to expand the universe.

Huh... would you look at that...

I even thought to myself: 'Giving away Hamlet for free to the testers ruined the dlc, so what will giving away Walter for free bring?'

Looks like I got my answer.

I just hope that the developement of this game won't affect Klei's budget and dst's update schedue

25 minutes ago, Bellium said:

Klei did NOT help with the art side of Darkest Dungeon. Chris Bourassa was the DD artist/art lead and was inspired a lot by the Hellboy Comics!

Klei helped provide financial help. 

8 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Bro... Don’t Starve Reign of Giants and Don’t Starve Shipwrecked have been on Mobile for years now.... so this Free to Play (not created by Klei) Mobile game is honestly??? Off putting for me.

I eagerly await the day for DS Hamlet and DS Together to arrive on Mobile as actual paid full games.... I never could get behind the Free-To-Play Market cause those games are usually plagued with micro transactions & Advertisements.

However with THIS Existing... the odds of me ACTUALLY ever getting DST Mobile have now decreased from slim to grim, or is it supposed to be grim to slim?? Heck I don’t know.. only Klei knows how that Slim/Grim thing is supposed to work.

23 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Oh! Will we get more lore too? Maybe get to see what Wilson did when he was on the nightmare throne? (since he's seen in the start of the trailer...)

This isn't a game edited by Klei so there's absolutely nothing new to learn about it, Wilson in the trailer is just contextual for this game and I believe this is at least a good idea.

Anyway this Raid Starving Legends game will be interesting for the players used to this sort of mobile game.

4 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I just hope that the developement of this game won't affect Klei's budget

Klei said that they don't take part of any development of this game, so why would they pay for something they are not part of? Or I just don't fully understand how giving licences work.

The current Don’t Starve mobile game is fairly lackluster due to the fact it was developed specifically for PC.

The fact that this is going to be purely mobile invites some hope that it may end up being better than the current Don’t Starve app.

I’ll keep an eye on this with some hope that it will turn out ok despite being 3rd party.

10 minutes ago, KeshS said:

Klei said that they don't take part of any development of this game, so why would they pay for something they are not part of? Or I just don't fully understand how giving licences work.

Ah I see.

I'm sorry but when I read that it's a mobile game and saw how the artstyle looks... I-I just skipped the post.

I like you Klei, I like your games and I like this franchise but I am not going close to that thing

Archived