Licensed Don't Starve Mobile Game (Don't Starve: Newhome)

On 7/3/2020 at 11:56 AM, t0panka said:

...they killed any drops in DST and marketplace. No skins released outside their MTX. Even killed in one way those skins still available...

...Apple arcade, macOS...

...bought all skins...

...exposure to Apple users which have no problems spending money...

If you remember in past there were a lot of complains on these forums about "scummy Steam Marketplace tactics of shady people profiteering their luck" (pricing skins in double or even triple $ digits just because) plus fact a lot of avid players didn't get any good drops in literally thousands of game-play hours (me included) - and these forumites asked KLei to make some change in this system either by making skins available for purchase from KLei directly (at reasonable prices, international customer-base wise) or increase drop rates for higher valuable items. For these people (again, me included) current Spools system and ability to access GoH, Triumphant etc collections via their Elegant counterparts is a good thing (as people flexing their money in past can still keep in part this "ability" with the Heirloom variant class). Don't forget most people around globe earn lil money compared to USA/Canada (and thus each expense is precious - in my country with 50-100$, what some Wendy head-skins were priced on Steam Market like GoH, Rose or Halloween, one can eat plenty a month).

And is very well known Apple products in general are kinda "snob luxuries for the masses" as PCs can do a far better job at equal price-bracket as one can make them from various separate components if one has basic knowledge about computer parts (opposite to Macs - you must buy whole factory-made package). And are a minority on the PC market world-wide, thus some mainstream minuses (especially regarding games) are to be expected by default - more so in the Indie segment.

1 hour ago, maciu67 said:

Some people are good some are bad.

And other just make bad decissions, others hurt unintencionally, other are good for his own benefit, etc

But i write it more because how some users think that klei is an non lucrative organitation of beings made of light. Users that i would like to see in a meeting with tencent and do not acepting a so lucrative contract

6 minutes ago, noeticmoose said:

If Wilson is on the throne, how is Wendy in the Constant?

I'm pretty sure all the survivors in Don't Starve were taken into the Constant by Maxwell, who was canonically saved by Wilson. I don't think anybody escaped in that time.

2 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

I'm pretty sure all the survivors in Don't Starve were taken into the Constant by Maxwell, who was canonically saved by Wilson. I don't think anybody escaped in that time.

As per the Cyclum comic, she came in after Max and Wilson built the jury rigged portal. Maybe they were elsewhere in the constant first, since Wes is also there. Dunno.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:56 AM, t0panka said:

Just FYI to this day Klei made every shady/controversial move in gaming industry that was possible. I dont know what else could they make to add to this list so correct me if im wrong.

Cap'n Crunch 14oz (398g) - Captain Crunch Cereal: Amazon.co.uk ...

2 hours ago, noeticmoose said:

As per the Cyclum comic, she came in after Max and Wilson built the jury rigged portal. Maybe they were elsewhere in the constant first, since Wes is also there. Dunno.

Wendy was already in the constant prior to Wilson being on the throne.. She’s playable in the single player game- The Jury Rigged Portal only pulls her from another area within the constant and brings them all to the same location.

Wes has to be rescued in the single player games story mode in Chapter 3

The only characters who arrive in the constant After Maxwell & Wilson are free’d (That We Know Of..) are Winona, Wagstaff (for real this time and not just his projection) and Walter.

Wurt, Wormwood and Wortox don’t count because they either live in the constant or in Wortox’s case can come and go as they please.

28 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wendy was already in the constant prior to Wilson being on the throne.. She’s playable in the single player game- The Jury Rigged Portal only pulls her from another area within the constant and brings them all to the same location.

Wes has to be rescued in the single player games story mode in Chapter 3

The only characters who arrive in the constant After Maxwell & Wilson are free’d (That We Know Of..) are Winona, Wagstaff (for real this time and not just his projection) and Walter.

Wurt, Wormwood and Wortox don’t count because they either live in the constant or in Wortox’s case can come and go as they please.

BuT hAs iT bEen ConFiRmEd bY KlEi?

Jk.  Thanks for clearing that up.  

18 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

If you remember in past there were a lot of complains on these forums about "scummy Steam Marketplace tactics of shady people profiteering their luck" (pricing skins in double or even triple $ digits just because) plus fact a lot of avid players didn't get any good drops in literally thousands of game-play hours (me included) - and these forumites asked KLei to make some change in this system either by making skins available for purchase from KLei directly (at reasonable prices, international customer-base wise) or increase drop rates for higher valuable items. For these people (again, me included) current Spools system and ability to access GoH, Triumphant etc collections via their Elegant counterparts is a good thing

Of course i remember. And i remember times BEFORE steam marketplace where we could just trade stuff which was another part of fun with DST so they killed that and went to marketplace, then killed that and went with what we have now.

(as people flexing their money in past can still keep in part this "ability" with the Heirloom variant class)

At the start it wasnt flexing money because there was no money involved. You seem too much angry about that tho. First of all there was one or two skins with ridiculous price for the first few weeks when it released thats it. Other 13094732094 skins were extremely cheap and most of them cheaper than Klei is selling

Your "flexing money" is happening now because you can buy this game and buy all skins with MONEY. No gameplay no action nothing just pure money. There is nothing into most of the skins only MONEY now

They could just release few skins time to time as drops which will be marketable so we could have more types? You know choices?

Don't forget most people around globe earn lil money compared to USA/Canada (and thus each expense is precious - in my country with 50-100$, what some Wendy head-skins were priced on Steam Market like GoH, Rose or Halloween, one can eat plenty a month).

Im from EU in country where our paycheques are third of Germany for example. Dont forget when someone  has 50-100$ to "plenty eat for a month" he wont buy skins in game what the hell. For me 15-20€ is still a lot so im not gonna buy 15€ pack with 3 skins right?

And is very well known Apple products in general are kinda "snob luxuries for the masses" as PCs can do a far better job at equal price-bracket as one can make them from various separate components if one has basic knowledge about computer parts (opposite to Macs - you must buy whole factory-made package).

Jesus christ man. What are you even comparing here because Apple doesnt even make desktops towers for regular users and noone even mentioned PC so why so deffensive. Only real desktop Apple has is Mac Pro and no one buying machines like these (workstations) from separate parts lol. Then they have iMacs which are the same or even cheaper compared to PCs. Same with Mac minis. You can say their notebook line is more expensive but outside of gaming its much more versatile machine. Anyway you do you the important part is here:

And are a minority on the PC market world-wide, thus some mainstream minuses (especially regarding games) are to be expected by default - more so in the Indie segment.

You either didnt read what i wrote or just ignore it. We are talking about DST mobile game here. Developers are making MUCH MORE MONEY on iOS than Android with just scraps of user base compared to Android. Now Apple making move to their own ARM CPUs which will run all iOS **** by default thus making the user base even broader and making the development ridiculous since you can make one game which will run on phon, tablet and now PC. This seems like nice future to me but Klei rather licensed their IP baby to China

12 hours ago, t0panka said:

We are talking about DST mobile game here.

And yet I have a lingering feeling that this is all a bad idea to trust this, everyone says this company is known for good game play but with super expensive skins and stuff so it causes me a lot of Anxiety.

I bought DST for 4$ during this summer for my bro.

then I found an skin pack of Wigfrid also which was also 4$

both were on 75% sale

the skin pack was 3 years old,

Bought the skin pack just to see what it felt like...

it felt very very childish.

Spoiler

Klei is just trying to stick to latest PUBG/Fortnite trend and they have to do certain things in order to attract their game to the new generation, which sadly only enjoys games that are like this a lot.

they aren't trying to only make money but infact stay modern and in doing so they are pushing away older players who played the game without any this sort of stuff.

I've seen many other companies doing this with their games and its considered a normal thing sadly.

its hip and cool basically.

and as far as dealing with tencant goes, its quit simple really, they need a publisher that can get their game in a market where most people are playing games from, so they have to dress it up in a manner which can attract similar customers.

On 7/3/2020 at 6:21 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

People being mad for a company maaking money xdddddddddddd

Stop thinking people are saints or demons, people are people 

companies arent people and should be held accountable for what they choose to support. Klei indirectly is now supporting the chinese government and thats not a stretch

6 hours ago, Bluckles said:

companies arent people and should be held accountable for what they choose to support. Klei indirectly is now supporting the chinese government and thats not a stretch

1660553186_kleiriot.jpg.5e2cfddcba5623f8a58aad0c7857bd5d.jpg

it was just for funsies

Spoiler

yeah @JoeW I an't gonna let you go for that one

also I find it extremely hilarious that Klei was trying to show it was fully supporting the BLM and the protests against the American Government and even added and an African american character into the game right away to show it cares,

but instead now it getting bashed on for supporting Chinese Government by just collaborating with a Chinese gaming company

irony is a mild word here....

is Huawei's CFO still in prison in Canada?

7 hours ago, Bluckles said:

Companies arent people.

Bluckles - 2020

Pd. Nobody says a thing when klei make things with ps4 a japanese company or xbox an us company. Both countries with dark past (and present). Why? Because is a nonsense

Klei didnt programm the sesamo credit code or slave the population

Edit. The prove that klei doesnt colaborate with chinesse gov is that we can talk about china and the topic isnt close xDDDDDDD

8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Edit. The prove that klei doesnt colaborate with chinesse gov is that we can talk about china and the topic isnt close xDDDDDDD

these days Companies are getting picked on more for which country they do business with instead of their policies and products in general.

its both stupid and hilarious at the sametime.

4 minutes ago, Machine Reaper said:

these days Companies are getting picked on more for which country they do business with instead of their policies and products in general.

its both stupid and hilarious at the sametime.

These days we have more easy access to this kind of info so teenagers with free time, anger and "ideals" get trigged. 

Like if making a game (even if is programmed to be adictive) is what is killing the world...

Ofc i dont like the idea of tencent (i think is from ali baba company) growing but there is a lot of goverments, companies and even workers destroying the ecosystem and the rights of the population in many ways without need of any conspiracy

Tencent will not have that money if the population would be happy. There is not people adicted if they have a life plenty and this is well know for that still working tobacco, alcohol,buying ****, nationalism, etc

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

These days we have more easy access to this kind of info so teenagers with free time, anger and "ideals" get trigged. 

Like if making a game (even if is programmed to be adictive) is what is killing the world...

Ofc i dont like the idea of tencent (i think is from ali baba company) growing but there is a lot of goverments, companies and even workers destroying the ecosystem and the rights of the population in many ways without need of any conspiracy

Tencent will not have that money if the population would be happy. There is not people adicted if they have a life plenty and this is well know for that still working tobacco, alcohol,buying ****, nationalism, etc

isn't the USA the biggest exploiter of resources in the world as of still?

I mean granted the Chinese are Commies and thus...evil

USA hasn't been a good side and its gotten worse sinceDonald Trump was voted in, it left all sorts of forums for climate change/environment safety groups and even went as far as to threaten UN with blocking funds if it doesn't hold China accountable for the Pandemic in the world.

EVEN the entire BLM was basically a form of representation against the exploitation of foreign races of any sort (Black people being considered as such).

so in a sense we are also literally treating chinese as bad like Black people in the US are being treated as criminals.

in the end its all about money

that's all I can say and this entire thing about Klei expanding their game's reach by using Tencent, its for the same reason.
nobody does this sort of thing unless they have profit in mind,

I mean does Klei really care about Asian people and the games those people like to play?

they don't even have an Asian Character in the game (but do have events tho oddly)

so they would have to join hands with an Asian company to bring their game into their market,

Tencent is like EA of china so its probably the best choice PROFIT wise

27 minutes ago, Machine Reaper said:

I will not talk about the other stuff (usa with trump is the same that the big amount of presidents that had before), i come here to talk about dst not how suck the system buttt

Walani | Don't Starve game Wiki | Fandom

maybe not an asian itself but a descendant of asians

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I will not talk about the other stuff, i come here to talk about dst not how suck the system buttt

Walani | Don't Starve game Wiki | Fandom

maybe not an asian itself but a descendant of asians

oh yeah, I still don't get where she comes from either, maybe Jamaican or possibly Hawaiian.

not asian tho. she seems too hip for that :anonymous:

Archived