Licensed Don't Starve Mobile Game (Don't Starve: Newhome)

3 minutes ago, E1234 said:

Art style is jarring but it will be interesting to see how it plays

Reminds me of paper Mario, probably because of the bold outlines.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 10.30.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 10.29.50 PM.png

And its very pointy. a lot of sharp edges its definitely unique but doesn't quite fit don't starve, would be cool to see this style somewhere else though.

18 minutes ago, TheHollowKnight said:

And its very pointy. a lot of sharp edges its definitely unique but doesn't quite fit don't starve, would be cool to see this style somewhere else though.

Actually reminds me of Darkest Dungeon...

It's not that I think it will be a "Bad Game" it's the fact that it isn't being made by Klei that has me on edge. I love Klei, they always take great care in what they do and have been working on Don't Starve for years....but not tencent; I have no idea how tencent is going to develop this game, nor do I know how true they will stay to the series. I'll still get the game, but I won't put my entire faith in it nor get my hopes up.

31 minutes ago, TheHollowKnight said:

I immediately got reminded of this silly mobile game I used to play on my iPad on like 2011 or 2012. Called "Dino Cap 2 HD" where you just shoot dinosaurs lmao.

I'll definitely try the game out.  It will no doubt be a f2p game with micro transactions.  Those games are only bad if they are really p2w or loaded with forced ads.  Provided it has a decent balance I'll stick around for a bit.

3 minutes ago, Skorne said:

While I can safely say I'm not even the tiniest bit interested and I think this was a mistake to even contemplate allowing, I do want that giant pengull in the actual game.

idk, a lot of people have voiced that they think this is a bad move, but considering tencent bought out Riot Games completely, yet Riot's main game League of Legends has remained a top played game, with very good f2p access and Riot has recently launched some more very f2p friendly games that are high quality, I don't think hearing their name is like some boogieman.

And Klei still owns DS, DST, and their DLC's.  Tencent only licensed to make this game.  If it sucks, then it sucks, and it doesn't matter much to Klei because it was basically free money for them - and considering how much development they are fueling into DST, I'm happy for it.

Its not like when Blizzard announced the new Diablo game - making it out to be the next game in the franchise when it was really just a f2p / p2w mobile game...

Honestly I hope for it to be a good success.  f2p mmo would help spread the world of Don't Starve further.  Hopefully that brings more people back here to check out the original games that brought everything to life!

2 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

but not tencent; I have no idea how tencent is going to develop this game, nor do I know how true they will stay to the series.

Tencent is not developing this, they're simply the publisher. Shengqu Interactive is developing the game itself, as you can see in the original post.

I'm excited!! Seems like a nice change of pace and the new art style looks fresh although the original is still my favorite. I will be going on a road trip during mid July so mayhaps I can try it in the car or once I get back to WiFi.  

I'm not sure I'll be getting into this but whoever wants to, go for it.

Can I ask if its going to be canon? That's my biggest concern. 

I feel like something out of Klei's bubble is not a safe way for lore to develop. Some clarification on whether anything that occurs (especially after watching the trailer) in this will be canon in the timeline is kinda important. 

I am a chinese player, and I do love DontStrave series. However, I have to accept that this new game may not be a good one.

As Chinese player,I know a lot about Tecent and Shengqu. They make great success in business,but they made terrible games and customer service.They just buy other studio with popular games (such as LOL and PUBG) and charge the highest prices for skins.

There is another way Tecent use to make money.For example,they bought BlueHole so they can use the name of "PUBG" tomake "PUBG mobile",however this game are created by Tecent istead of BlueHole and its usually f2p so Tecent can charge for skins.

As we know ,this new game has nothing to do with Keli.So maybe its not a good idea to allow it to use the name of "DontStrave". 

9 minutes ago, geernigin said:

我是中国玩家,我喜欢DontStrave系列。但是,我必须接受这一新游戏可能不是一个好游戏。

作为中国选手,我对腾讯和胜趣非常了解。他们在业务上取得了巨大的成功,但是他们创造了糟糕的游戏和客户服务。他们只是购买了其他带有流行游戏的工作室(例如LOL和PUBG),并以最高的皮肤价格收取费用。

腾讯有另一种赚钱的方式。例如,他们购买了BlueHole,因此他们可以使用“ PUBG”的名称来制作“ PUBG移动版”,但是该游戏是由Tecent而非BlueHole及其通常是f2p制作的,因此Tecent可以收取费用用于皮肤。

众所周知,这款新游戏与Keli无关。因此,让它使用“ DontStrave”这个名字可能不是一个好主意。 

你说的没错,我觉得这个游戏会给klei抹黑,腾讯吃相难看。

6 hours ago, sudoku said:

I mean look at the screenshots on their site there are weapons they made themselves that look like they were made in paint.

Indeed, it looks pretty baffling. Although it says "beta" I wouldn't get my hopes up that these are placeholders. Oh, well, I have absolutely no interest in either Tencent nor mobile games, so further comments are redundant. I do appreciate Klei sharing these news however.

image.png.fb1552cfea0651dac5543c0b440e5042.png

Just now, Captain_Rage said:

That's actually a very good summary, haha.

Unlike Disney and all these big businesses, the staff have been really open on the streams. The pandemic has taken that away from me. So now all I can do for contact with the devs is this forum. I just can't be angry with my friends.

I’m hoping this will fix my primary issue with the core game, no win conditions. A trickle of win conditions, and cosmetic only dlc would be ideal. 

It also needs to be different enough than the core game, but the mult weapon types and catcoon city show promise.

Any RPG leveling/refining and I’m deleting it.

as long as Klei is only selling and sharing the license of DS art style, it is fine

Spoiler

grab the money and run!

their art doesn't look good to me

hard to tell why but the new story in the trailer seems nonsense and weird to me..this 

Spoiler

this one looks like how I rush all final-term projects at last day and do presentation in College

I don't really think this game gonna be doing well in the end

let's hope it won't hurt reputation of original DS game later

Spoiler

most online chinese games are just doing short-term game business

at first they try to attract people, even the game has nothing special compare to any other games except art

and people still pay them money for ranking and show off in the game

I doubt the gameplay gonna be good, I'll still give this a little try though

Archived