Licensed Don't Starve Mobile Game (Don't Starve: Newhome)

I absolutely love the look of this, it's like a whole different cast of characters in the same world. Plus implications of Wilson on the nightmare throne?? I love all the new creatures so far also, especially the civilized catcoons and the little hogs.

I really hope the community doesn't do the gamer thing of constantly putting this down because "grrr mobile bad grrrrr," cause I think it has some super interesting potential both for lore and the actual videogame.

This is a bit sudden. Im assuming this is a non-canon "what if" scenario of Wilson staying on the throne and bringing in people like Maxwell, otherwise the implications would meddle with our current canon a lot.

I don't have any strong feelings about this. A new Don't Starve title is cool. I can forgive the artstyle being a bit different because it's not developed by Klei.

The character designs are, meh, alright. The only design that pops out to me - and that I really like - is this guy. He looks like a mix of Wilson and the Darkest Dungeon Highwayman.
image.png.f405c6eb501990a1359bd753a27c4405.png

Edit: something I forgot to add. I don't really have high hopes for this game to be frank. What I see doesn't really entice me, and Tencent's rep (from what I've heard, they could be squeaky clean for all I know) doesn't do it any favors. However, even if the game flops or is full to the brim with microtransactions, it's third party, meaning it's ultimately harmless and inconsequencial, unless something really screwy happens like abusing app permissions.

I am a huge admirer of the work of Klei artists, and about the new game I could not help noticing the similarity with the features of Darkest Dungeon by Red Hook Studio ( I love too!) ...

Just out of curiosity ... Collaboration between studios or inspiration?

Good thing comes around! I'm excited, and the Dont Starve BR Facebook communities are already publicizing the beta very well. Congratulations!

7 minutes ago, Voidbarker said:

not too keen on it, but, as long as they're, like. not making microtransactions the *only way to progress*...?

It's being published by Tencent, so...

Archived