Licensed Don't Starve Mobile Game (Don't Starve: Newhome)

12 minutes ago, dawidko said:

Im trying to register but it says always: "Please offer your correct Gmail address(@gmail.com)"

We're not involved in the operation of the game, you will need to contact them. I think they suggested something about not having a period in the email address. I don't know. You may want to check their Facebook or Discord

my current stance, as the first group of "oohs" and "ahhs" has passed and the group of "this is the death knell for my favorite game, how could you do this!?! >:( ;("  has subsided, i'd say to at least give the game a chance.

if nothing else, should the game be as piss poor and just be "another tencent product" (who is tencent?), we can just collectively can it and move on with our lives.

14 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

if nothing else, should the game be as piss poor and just be "another tencent product" (who is tencent?), we can just collectively can it and move on with our lives.

Not like this game is some sort of big change or hit on market, nor destined to be one. The more issue i see is in the ( surprise, surprise ) distributor. Since it's gonna be beta tested mostly in US and Canada, the sole purpose of it might be to attract a bigger crowd, supported by the fact that the other side is Chinese this would add up to a great player increase (a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶s̶ ) with hope that the mobile players get intrigued by the games charm, if something like that will be presented in a positive way that is. But yeah, i feel the same, testers and time will tell how this game rolls out.

Tencent? Really?  I got banned from the discord for saying "Tianemen", no warnings, banned like 10 seconds later. Ironic how you guys will support BLM and be against police brutality here in the U.S., but turn right around and support the Chinese Government and chinese monopolies because its a quick cash grab. A mobile game that you don't even develop yourself. I liked it better when you guys seemed to care about making games instead of grabbing cash. I won't be going anywhere near this game.

15 minutes ago, Bluckles said:

Tencent? Really?  I got banned from the discord for saying "Tianemen", no warnings, banned like 10 seconds later. Ironic how you guys will support BLM and be against police brutality here in the U.S., but turn right around and support the Chinese Government and chinese monopolies because its a quick cash grab. A mobile game that you don't even develop yourself. I liked it better when you guys seemed to care about making games instead of grabbing cash. I won't be going anywhere near this game.

Can you really blame them though? With all the sh*t us has been through so far for the past few months with peoples mindsets swinging back and forth not to mention the "virus" where else do you expect them to hook up and publish? Of course most of these trends are pointed for money, company won't run itself on bed bugs currency. I agree on Chinese markets not being "the most amazing thing in the world" and id rather stay at this then go down further the rabbit hole that is Chinese "cash grab", so let's not get too political with such matter that is a mobile game, like it or don't, it's still happening. I respect your opinion, nontheless.

11 minutes ago, Bluckles said:

...Did you record it?

I actually really want to see a bunch of ban speedrun videos get posted on the DS Subreddit, and Newhome Subreddit. (WHICH ALREADY EXISTS BTW.)

59 minutes ago, dawidko said:

Я пытаюсь зарегистрироваться, но он всегда говорит: «Пожалуйста, предложите свой правильный адрес Gmail (@ gmail.com)»

This is strange, but when I removed all the points on my gmail address, everything worked (do not remove the point at the end in "...@gmail.com")

Just now, KCDA said:

...Did you record it?

I actually really want to see a bunch of ban speedrun videos get posted on the DS Subreddit, and Newhome Subreddit. (WHICH ALREADY EXISTS BTW.)

Sadly no, but you can try it yourself. Interestingly the mods allowed me to rant about Tencent in the general chat for quite a while, but it almost seems like there was a bot autobanning those who used the word Tianemen. I also saw messages getting deleted on occassion, too quick for me to catch what they were.

6 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Can you blame them though? With all the sh*t us has been through so far for the past few months with peoples mindsets swinging back and forth not to mention the "virus" where else do you expect them to hook up and publish? Of course most of these trends are pointed for money, company won't run itself on bed bugs currency. I agree on Chinese markets not being "the most amazing thing in the world" and id rather stay at this then go down further the rabbit hole that is Chinese "cash grab", so let's not get too political with such matter that is a mobile game, like it or don't, it's still happening. I respect your opinion, nontheless.

I literally don't see your point in the slightest.

Just now, JoeW said:

Keep it on topic please. 

This is on topic. Would you like to give us a response as to why you allowed Tencent to publish this game?

Just now, Sunset Skye said:

It feels like you're trying to make some sort of ultimate own against Tencent but like, what were you honestly expecting? You said something political in the official server for a videogame, what did you expect to happen? What are you trying to prove here?

I was expecting a warning at the very least. Again, I was banned SECONDS after I simply posted the word "TIanemen". It was a test.

1 minute ago, YouKnowWho said:

Alright then, play the fool. Don't give any reasoning at all. Good job.

If you're going to argue, atleast say something.

i just didn't understand. Were they saying "money is a little tougher now, so of course they would break down and get money from a corrupt monopoly"???

I don't really have a decent phone to try this out (nor I like phones enough to spend on one) but it could be interesting. Maybe some new mechanics and characters that do work out could eventually make it into the main branch of DST.

Regarding the lore, when Wilson was sitting on the throne maybe he saw what was going on in many other realms outside of the constant (EG: like the forge's realm) so the DST franchise opens endless possibilities really. Plenty of wacky things could be happening at the same time, and they may or may not interact between eachother at some point.

I'll keep an eye on this one.

It seems that they'll have a real ground table chess. Damn.

Klei, could you create a new set piece like that for DST please ? And why not some mysteries to find out by putting the pieces at the right place ? Playing for real seems hard I guess, but they could move alone, like a script, every full moon. Hmmm. A real chess biome too ?

I don't have smartphones, sorry !

Archived