Favorite Examination/Inspection Quotes

On 3/15/2020 at 6:29 PM, HorseyTheYes said:

image.png.e2a4ff184100ce5bbe3ae213612f550b.png TMI Webber

When I saw this quote, my first thought was "But you haven't peed in like an eternity!"

Unless this means that survivors canonically produce waste. *excited Wormwood noises*

14 hours ago, Canis said:

When I saw this quote, my first thought was "But you haven't peed in like an eternity!"

Unless this means that survivors canonically produce waste. *excited Wormwood noises*

chrome_WF1NBsZ7Qq.png.8f1cd52dacd7e09a203d31ced4b7ea2a.png - willow

Im pretty sure the survivors are doing all that human stuff, just, uh, Offscreen.

I have many favourites, but here are some off the top of my head:

Wilson's quote for the Toma-root: "It's red because of SCIENCE."

Wilson's quote for gold: "I can't eat it, but it sure is shiny."

As a STEM major, I know the dye in real life tomatoes is called Lycopene, so I'm just "...really?"

Not a funny one, but Maxwell's quote for Lucy: "Ah. How have you been, Lucy?" Which suggests he knew her at some point. Similar with Wendy's quote for Lucy: "Hello... "Lucy"... I'd like you to meet my sister." AND Woodie's quote to revive a dead Maxwell: "Lucy says I have to help you, Maxwell. Let's get goin'."

Lucy's "Hey. Hey. Have a woodchip." and "ooOOoooOO to you too." when being possessed by a ghost character.

The fact that Wilson attempts to still be nice and polite to Maxwell when inspecting him, but Woodie's just "Hey Maxwell, how's it going, you big hoser?"

I found this when searching for Woodie's quote for Maxwell for the back scratcher: "Wigfrid keeps using it to 'spar' with me and Lucy. We're afraid."

Webber's quote for failing to row properly in DST: "Maybe we should row better next time :/."

Walani's "Ish thish shupposhed to make your tongue shwell up??" when eating monster jerky. 

a very small one (for i do like a lot of quotes) but willow's "they won't let me" when doing an invalid action is always gonna be funny to me because...

the first time i saw that line was trying to put a live bird in a crockpot XD 

oh the implications of seeing that for the first time in that situation!

-

a better response is wigfrid's line for the brush, "time for hair and makeup"

its one of the lines that is not completely in character, so its already high tier (ha), but this line is just so cute!

imagine a little dolled up beefalo like how people buy clothes for their dogs!

Well, Wigfrid IS actually an actress, so maybe she means "hair and makeup" in the sense of getting into costume backstage?  (I also suddenly have the Muppet Show theme song in my head, in which, during the second verse, all the _guy_ muppets sing:  "It's time to put on  makeup/It's time to dress up right...") 

Anyway if true, this would make that line one of Wigfrid's fairly rare OUT of (Viking warrior) character lines and more like the real Wigfrid underneath, along with "The curtain falls..." when she goes into darkness.

And the "They won't let me" also reminds me of when you're playing an oldschool adventure game and out of desperation, you've gotten to the click-everything-on-EVERYTHING stage just to see if _anything_ new will happen.  For example, Rincewind's flat "That doesn't work." when you try this in "Discworld".  XD

(no, I haven't done that myself many many times while playing adventure games; why do you ask...?)

...Notorious

Archived