Hallowed Nights and Wurt available October 24th! (And more!)

On 10/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, JoeW said:
  • The Wurt Deluxe Chest is $9.99 and includes the Guest of Honor, Triumphant and Abyssal skin sets.

Nobody's commented on this yet?  Wurt's held the nightmare throne for a little while, apparently.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:00 PM, Well-met said:

Unfortunate that she has no interaction with the sea (swimming!) but ok.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Wurt can’t swim?? I am disappoint.. :(

Merms could be freshwater fish.  Salt water would kill them.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:13 PM, xFleury said:

So... either you farm Bunnymen for carrots, or bring back a bunch of Stone Fruit seeds from the Lunar Island... otherwise every Wurt on the server dies once Winter hits?

The swamp is gonna be a cemetery of dead Wurts on the 24th...rofl

Others have mentioned cacti first.  I just want to say I think it's ironic that moving to the desert may be a survival strategy for a fish.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:17 PM, E-17 Ghora said:

Am I the only one who wants to build a village with merm and pigs just to witness to random civil wars?

Merms and bunnymen might be better, since they're both more active at night.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:13 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

I'm wondering about the same, It also makes me wonder if ALL merms keep fishes for pet, and every time we killed a Merm and got a fish as loot, we're actually also killing/eating their pets.

Wouldn't be much of a departure from how Willow acts, though.

"Now my friend will never leave." -- Willow examining a koalefant trunk vest.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:31 PM, engiSonic said:

FINALLY

A USE FOR DURIANS

Were my durian farms for monster lasagna a joke to you? 

Because they were to me.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t understand this, I’m Assuming it’s an Insult, however if it is.. it’s a failed one

I think it's supposed to be a generational thing, Baby Boomers being the generation before Gen X in north america.  I don't find those sorts of generational stereotypes / "generational conflict" analyses of social conflicts to be useful, to be honest.

...Has nobody wondered if you can put the merm king on a boat? And some merm houses/florts (whatever they are) also on a boat? Seems like a good way to spread your fishy influence without being stuck in the swamp! Merms can swim anyway so drowning wouldn't be an issue! right?

20 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

...Has nobody wondered if you can put the merm king on a boat? And some merm houses/florts (whatever they are) also on a boat? Seems like a good way to spread your fishy influence without being stuck in the swamp! Merms can swim anyway so drowning wouldn't be an issue! right?

Would there be a reason to though? It states the Merm King provides strength to ALL merms. It doesn't specify "within an area" or anything. It very much sounds like once you complete the Royal Tapestry—and keep the king fed—all merms get stronk.

It's a little confusing to me how people keep talking about the Tapestry like it's a building. We can't know yet obviously, but I keep imagining the tapestry as... a tapestry, 
ss1315_la_danse_medieval_21.png
Tapestries are just funny fabric pictures that you hang on a wall or furniture, so I've been imagining it as something you hold like the Key to the City.

2 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

Merms could be freshwater fish.  Salt water would kill them.

Sammy (or was it Pipton?) mentions their sick taking to the sea/ocean, and the fact they show up in the forest and SW goes to show that they most likely swam here/there after losing their memory. 

2 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

@Ashkain they couldn't, last time I checked.  Built boats to hop across the river separating the swamp from an adjacent biome.  Merms couldn't follow.

Sadly this is true, for whatever reasons Merms can't board boats unlike almost every other follower.
I mean, chester and the crew, Pigs, Bunnies, heck, even Catcoons can board buts but Merms were left out. (Smallbirds and Lavae too, but I've reported this.) I do hope when Wurt is brought in a fix/update for the Merms is brought in too.

2 hours ago, Ashkain said:

...Has nobody wondered if you can put the merm king on a boat?

It's constantly on my mind. If the Merm king does end up being really fat like I think he might, I really want to slap him on a boat and go sailing with him.

47 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

It's a little confusing to me how people keep talking about the Tapestry like it's a building. We can't know yet obviously, but I keep imagining the tapestry as... a tapestry, 
ss1315_la_danse_medieval_21.png
Tapestries are just funny fabric pictures that you hang on a wall or furniture, so I've been imagining it as something you hold like the Key to the City.

Maybe the tapestry and the merm kings home are two different buildings?

Also “Hook, Line and Inker”

FiSHinG?!??!!?! I hope lol.

28 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

We haven't seen this sprite yet. Do you guys think it is? It looks like it might be the in-game sprite but it's a bit too detailed.

Too detailed. Might be the unsaturated portrait, but I find it unlikely that the image we got for the announcement isn't the portrait already.

Probably some other promotional material or concept art. Not sure.

3 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

We haven't seen this sprite yet. What do you guys think it is? It looks like it might be the in-game sprite but it's a bit too detailed.

I think it is likely this is her portrait art, it seems to be in the similar style of their more recent character portraits, specifically the shading.

image.png.5e2c4dbce62aadfdf73900240b13bbdf.png

image.png.526311e33b2f917faec8067a8ba2e402.png

image.png.751bf91a5ea89d80752415ac6c454937.png

These forums provide little to no information about this game- most of it is either fan made up speculation & suggestions or equally confusing animated short videos from the dev team.

almost all of you here probably play this game on a PC & the Developers probably even prioritize PC but.. for console gamers DST can be a pretty confusing mess of a game.

here let me just explain- We have news about Hallowed Nights Starting on the 24th, that’s all well and good and everything but WHAT exactly IS Hallowed Nights??? Is there any type of specific in game event I need to be focusing on doing like wearing costumes and knocking on pigmen doors to trick or treat for cool in-game cosmetics? 

What about Winters Feast? The Gorge?? and the Forge?? What are those? And How exactly do you even play them? 

The above listed events Really weren’t available to play on the Xbox One version of DST- I’ve seen some cool concept art of creatures and some kind of brutal pig warrior tournament but, that’s ALL I’ve seen myself and many other console players didn’t get to actually experience this content.

what we have left over is a curio cabinet full of locked skins and loading screens for content that I’m not even 100% sure will ever rotate back into the game.

when Apex Legends launched its limited time event it explained that 35 players enter the map solo, they kill each other- dead players come back as zombies and have to try to kill all the remaining players, the last 10 left alive have to try to make it onto an evac ship and escape the endless spawning undead players.

Simple, Straightforward Details.. and I’m Hoping that when the Hallowed Nights event official launches on the 24th we get detailed info on what it is & what we are supposed to be doing.

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

but WHAT exactly IS Hallowed Nights??? Is there any type of specific in game event I need to be focusing on doing like wearing costumes and knocking on pigmen doors to trick or treat for cool in-game cosmetics? 

Hallowed Nights is pretty simple, here's the highlights:
- Special trinkets randomly spawn around the world, which are all based on either generally-spooky things or other Klei games. For carrying them, you can craft a Candy Bag with 6 grass, which has 20 slots but can only hold Hallowed Nights trinkets and candies.
- All trades with the Pig King will now include bonus candy along with the gold, and you'll get more candy if you're wearing any of the Costume skins which are available to everyone for the duration of the event. All the candy is basically just some cute little items with decor potential, and none of them give more than 3 of any stat when eaten.
- You can build a Mad Science Lab for brewing potions, which all have different recipes and effects, and come in one of two sizes (which is chosen randomly when you brew them)
- One of the potions is an Arboretum Experiment, which allows you to plant your own Totally Normal Trees! It takes a living log, a batilisk wing, and 20 sanity to brew. You can also decorate Totally Normal Trees with spooky... decorations, which can be found in graves or tumbleweeds.
- Your character can randomly get spooked when chopping trees, causing them to lose a bit of sanity and get stunned for a second. This is just a minor annoyance and can be countered with the Phobic Experiment (1 frog legs, 1 gold, 10 sanity).
As for Winter's Feast... Ask again when it's time lol.

15 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

What's keeping you from playing? If you're having technical issues, make sure to post them in the forums so people can help you out!

ok, so here is the issue: I forgot the name of the screen that says something about it not connecting or smthn, it seems like my PC (its a windows ten) might think its a virus (sometimes in normal ds it says it blocked by the firewall), so the only way I can play it is on my XBOX 1S, BUT I DONT GOT IT ON THERE AND IM SAVING MONEY ;-; , so I might just wait until I can get it on my XBOX, (if anyone wants to friend me my gamertag is MangleTangle111) so I hope the issue will be fixed.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

[...] here let me just explain- We have news about Hallowed Nights Starting on the 24th, that’s all well and good and everything but WHAT exactly IS Hallowed Nights??? Is there any type of specific in game event I need to be focusing on doing like wearing costumes and knocking on pigmen doors to trick or treat for cool in-game cosmetics? [...]

What about Winters Feast? The Gorge?? and the Forge?? What are those? And How exactly do you even play them? 

what we have left over is a curio cabinet full of locked skins and loading screens for content that I’m not even 100% sure will ever rotate back into the game. [...]

Simple, Straightforward Details..

Not like the game or the devs gave us any straightforward info on how we should play the game... because DST is still DST, they want to leave it up to us to explore and conquer the Constant and they don't want to spoil all its secrets in their first announcement. If you still want to get these info before even trying to find them in the game, you can ask here, or search on the internet and the wiki (as others said, google is your friend here) ;) 

The Forge and Gorge are different story because, unlike the base game, they do have a clear goal and they actually need much more cooperation. So the devs did gave us some general description and instructions to them, but even these weren't detailled too much and we, players had to learn the exact stats and small tricks they offered. But since they won't be back (any time soon), devs won't really tell much about them.

About the curio cabinet, I don't know how it's on consoles, but on PC none of the skins remained locked (I mean, we can get all of them, either by weaving, buying or through steam market and trading). Don't consoles have also the weavable skins unlocked? Anyways, I know that the devs are working on a way to let console players buy spools to have the opportunity to weave the skins they want; idk when it'll be ready tho.

1 hour ago, LunarCat said:

ok, so here is the issue: I forgot the name of the screen that says something about it not connecting or smthn, it seems like my PC (its a windows ten) might think its a virus (sometimes in normal ds it says it blocked by the firewall), so the only way I can play it is on my XBOX 1S, BUT I DONT GOT IT ON THERE AND IM SAVING MONEY ;-; , so I might just wait until I can get it on my XBOX, (if anyone wants to friend me my gamertag is MangleTangle111) so I hope the issue will be fixed.

If you got an issue on PC, why not ask someone to help? A friend, a neighbour, parents; or online, either here on the Forums, on steam, or if all fails, Klei Support?

Archived