Warly Makes Landfall in DST Next Week!

I need to know something... Something others haven't pointed out yet...

image.png.c22fef24e716680fa761ec25363ebfce.png.57d6b16e2e5b5342a5a0350afa749fc8.png

IS THIS A PAINTING OR A PHOTOGRAPH? WHY IS IT IN COLOR? Is the DS/DST timeline more messed up then I thought it was?

Oh wait figured it out, Warly comes from an alternate timeline that invented colored photographs extremely early. That feeling when the lore behind how skins work might actually be the answer...

54 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

These new exclusive recipes better have some stats that are not relevant to Hunger, Health and Sanity (like increased movement speed), because otherwise nobody will bother making them and just mass prepare regular food. Just like nobody cares to hunt butterflies for butter to cook related recipes when it's much easier and less time-consuming to make lots of pierogis and cook green mushrooms/cacti.

Also, 3 new portable things? Inventory management is going to be crucial for those who choose Warly.

And most of all, while it makes sense that only Warly is able to cook his unique recipes and pick his fancy red pot, it doesn't make sense at all that portable crock pot can't be used as regular crock pot by other characters. Their quotes would somehow joke on that, like "I feel retarded for not being able to use this".

If other characters could use his crockpot then he'd become Winona 2.0. Just switch when you can over to Wolfgang and cook away.

23 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Might wanna fix that :p

He just can't get the image of Minotaur Wormwood out of his head. The infection is spreading...

5d31046ca91b8_MinotaurWormwood.thumb.png.6b12c83ad7a758fb6219e7a0ca8b9f3a.png

23 hours ago, AnitaCoffee said:

Strangely excited for new foods!

Funnily enough, only the pepper and asparagus are new, the rest came from the Gorge...wait a minute.

Also, all y'all talking about the Gorge, but none of you are noticing the blantant Voxola Gramophone smack dab in the middle of the photo? :wilson_curious:

1 hour ago, shadowDigga said:

And most of all, while it makes sense that only Warly is able to cook his unique recipes and pick his fancy red pot, it doesn't make sense at all that portable crock pot can't be used as regular crock pot by other characters. Their quotes would somehow joke on that, like "I feel retarded for not being able to use this".

It's not completely off the loop to not know how to use specially made modern items. Have you ever visited someone and then tried to use their modern microwave? It's like that maze in Breath of the Wild except there's a Guradian behind every corner and it's raining constantly. There is no escape. No matter what you do, something goes wrong and you have to call your friend over to solve the fricking thing for you.

I hate modern microwaves with a burning passion.

Also, I REALLY want to point out just how much I appreciate that Klei gave us a VERY high-res rendering of this tease. :wilson_love:

I freaking love you guys, and I'm sorry about that time that I snuck into your office and left you all roses and chocolates, you probably enjoyed it but I get the feeling like I'm not allowed near the building anymore what with the armed guards and all... :wilsondisappointed:

2 minutes ago, 359368170 said:

Did you mean it will take 80% time to cook meals in His pot?

75% if my math hasn't completely failed me. :wilson_ecstatic:

image.thumb.png.6d32c6abd013e9f1914d5711d1cb1832.png

Made a version where the figures are visible. The guy on the far left resembles Maxwell but the hair looks different. The lady in the bun could either be Wicker or his mother. I'm thinking his mother due to the fact the man next to her looks like Warly's father.

8 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Also, I REALLY want to point out just how much I appreciate that Klei gave us a VERY high-res rendering of this tease. :wilson_love:

I freaking love you guys, and I'm sorry about that time that I snuck into your office and left you all roses and chocolates, you probably enjoyed it but I get the feeling like I'm not allowed near the building anymore what with the armed guards and all... :wilsondisappointed:

75% if my math hasn't completely failed me. :wilson_ecstatic:

Oh,I think that.

If cooking speed is 125%,That means 80% time for cook.

100% ÷125%=(4x25%)÷(5x25%)=4÷5=80%

So there is the thing,What 's mean about 25% faster?

Just now, 359368170 said:

Oh,I think that.

If cooking speed is 125%,That means 80% time for cook.

100% ÷125%=(4x25%)÷(5x25%)=4÷5=80%

So there is the thing,What 's mean about 25% faster?

You can't cook past 100%, unless you're in the Gorge in which case it gets brunt. 

100% cook speed is the time you click cook til the time it pops out cooked.

Warly cooks 25% faster than the 100% cook speed, so it cooks in only 75% of the time normally required to cook it. 

His buff isn't additive, it's subtractive. 125% would mean that food takes longer to cook than normal, rather than what they're going for by making it cook in less time, 25% less time as a matter of fact. :wilson_sneaky:

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Added new vegetables, available to all characters: Toma Root,

I know the Constant is a weird distorted reality, but
As a defender of the Fruit Rights, I am offended by this heinous classification of the tomato

All jokes aside, fantastic update, will make a more complex analysis once I have time <3

Archived