Warly Makes Landfall in DST Next Week!

3 hours ago, Canis said:

All that's going through my mind right now is that Warly being in DST basically confirms that Shipwrecked isn't it's own side-canon, and instead part of the actual canon know-how of DST. Same with Wormwood and Hamlet.

But then, this says that Warly arrived to the constant (DST) via boat. Does that mean that, if you sail far enough from the shores of DST, you'll run into the tropical SW islands?

But then, where does that leave other SW/Ham characters? How do they fit into this? Can they even be considered canonical characters, anymore?

Edit: Also, I just realized that one of the shadow silhouettes in one of the pictures might be Warly's child, possibly. Since he's shown to have a baby in some of them, and in those same pictures he looks younger than usual.

Edit 2:

I was really looking forward to playing Starbound today, but no, I had to get sucked into a borderline conspiracy theory.
Anyways, after looking closely at the image, heres what I saw.

image.thumb.png.8254dc9bc8ae084110b6a8384b86363a.png

So my first edit was wrong, Warly doesn't have a son, or at least isn't portrayed having one.

Wait... What if the unknown child in the family photo is his son? Oh god no, please let me rest, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Interesting theory, I don't think that the two silhouettes you are guessing being Maxwell and Charlie are indeed them, we can see the tall figure appears to have rich hair, we know that Maxwell is... balding... a little bit at least, so did he have hair way back in his past before he was even going by his real name: William Carter, we can't possibly guess how big his hair was before then because we have no evidence, but we can use as evidence the identity of the girl beside him, if she is indeed Charlie then they couldn't possibly: A) be together before William Carter changed him name to Maxwell because they've never met! and B) He was already short on hair when he became "Maxwell the Great" That means it's either a different girl or it's not Maxwell.

About the girl next to "Maxwell", we know that Charlie was always relatively shorter than most people, this can be verified by looking at the Final Act, this can be used as extra evidence in your theory that she could, indeed, be Charlie. Her hair in the video and in the photograph reach close, maybe a bit more above, of "Maxwell's" mandibula. About her eyelashes, I don't think such a trivial matter can really be used as a large support on your theory, on the FInal Act we get to see Charlie has much noticeable eyelids on her inferior tarsus and not on her superior tarsus, we do get to see her with full eyelashes in both eyelids in this photo, but if we look at another photo of her she doesn't have eyelashes in her superior tarsus, so, it could be purely based on the artist's design, not much we can go on about the eyelashes.

About the girl on the far right I don't believe this could be Wendy if we are to believe your theory, because in-game Maxwell and Wendy treat each other like strangers, you could argue that it is a facade to hide their identities from the other survivors, why would they? Do they have something to hide? Plus, Wendy and Maxwell have quotes that they feel like they have a kinship to each other but they are uncertain, I don't believe they've met before. Even Jack's postcard says so, IF the theory that Jack's twins are indeed Wendy and Abigail.

6 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

Interesting theory, I don't think that the two silhouettes you are guessing being Maxwell and Charlie are indeed them, we can see the tall figure appears to have rich hair, we know that Maxwell is... balding... a little bit at least, so did he have hair way back in his past before he was even going by his real name: William Carter, we can't possibly guess how big his hair was before then because we have no evidence, but we can use as evidence the identity of the girl beside him, if she is indeed Charlie then they couldn't possibly: A) be together before William Carter changed him name to Maxwell because they've never met! and B) He was already short on hair when he became "Maxwell the Great" That means it's either a different girl or it's not Maxwell.

About the girl next to "Maxwell", we know that Charlie was always relatively shorter than most people, this can be verified by looking at the Final Act, this can be used as extra evidence in your theory that she could, indeed, be Charlie. Her hair in the video and in the photograph reach close, maybe a bit more above, of "Maxwell's" mandibula. About her eyelashes, I don't think such a trivial matter can really be used as a large support on your theory, on the FInal Act we get to see Charlie has much noticeable eyelids on her inferior tarsus and not on her superior tarsus, we do get to see her with full eyelashes in both eyelids in this photo, but if we look at another photo of her she doesn't have eyelashes in her superior tarsus, so, it could be purely based on the artist's design, not much we can go on about the eyelashes.

About the girl on the far right I don't believe this could be Wendy if we are to believe your theory, because in-game Maxwell and Wendy treat each other like strangers, you could argue that it is a facade to hide their identities from the other survivors, why would they? Do they have something to hide? Plus, Wendy and Maxwell have quotes that they feel like they have a kinship to each other but they are uncertain, I don't believe they've met before. Even Jack's postcard says so, IF the theory that Jack's twins are indeed Wendy and Abigail.

My observations wasn't a full-fledged theory, it was just observations. Regardless, thanks for the effort.

2 minutes ago, LimeGreenINC said:

Why is no one talking about Warly's new hair colour?

Am I the only one who thinks it looks a bit odd?

IMG_20190719_235518_083.JPG

I don't really see a problem. The old portrait's hair is *really* gray now that I look at it, it makes him look really old. Im guessing they made his hair prominently brown to make him look not-old instead.

Warly seems like a good way to shake up how such an important aspect of the game will be treated between team members. Though honestly it probably just means an entire server will bother Warly to make them meat balls early game. Him and Wickerbottom will have something to bond over while she mass produces backpacks.
One thing I am curious about is how Klei will treat the lore of a POC. Since Warbuck's removal, it's obvious Klei wants to be more sensitive to this sort of thing, esp. in their series based in the early 20th century.

48 minutes ago, Canis said:

I don't really see a problem. The old portrait's hair is *really* gray now that I look at it, it makes him look really old. Im guessing they made his hair prominently brown to make him look not-old instead.

If that really is the Gorge in that promo, maybe he went grey prematurely because of the stress of appeasing the Gnaw? Or maybe he's just been there a while.

1 hour ago, Canis said:

My observations wasn't a full-fledged theory, it was just observations. Regardless, thanks for the effort.

Heh, I apologize, I've been in a bit of a craze about Don't Starve's lore recently, more so than usual, I really wanna know what other people's theories are, I will probably find more at the subforum: [Don't Starve] Art, Music & Lore.

1 hour ago, LimeGreenINC said:

Can't a guy dye his hair without somebody making a big deal out of it?! Jeez!

10 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

Can't a guy dye his hair without somebody making a big deal out of it?! Jeez!

My first thought was "Where and how did he acquire the materials needed to dye his hair?"

And then I realized...oh god...he used Nightmare Fuel, didn't he?

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

My first thought was "Where and how did he acquire the materials needed to dye his hair?"

And then I realized...oh god...he used Nightmare Fuel, didn't he?

*breathes heavily in old science man*

8 hours ago, Canis said:

All that's going through my mind right now is that Warly being in DST basically confirms that Shipwrecked isn't it's own side-canon, and instead part of the actual canon know-how of DST. Same with Wormwood and Hamlet.

But then, this says that Warly arrived to the constant (DST) via boat. Does that mean that, if you sail far enough from the shores of DST, you'll run into the tropical SW islands?

But then, where does that leave other SW/Ham characters? How do they fit into this? Can they even be considered canonical characters, anymore?

Edit: Also, I just realized that one of the shadow silhouettes in one of the pictures might be Warly's child, possibly. Since he's shown to have a baby in some of them, and in those same pictures he looks younger than usual.

Edit 2:

I was really looking forward to playing Starbound today, but no, I had to get sucked into a borderline conspiracy theory.
Anyways, after looking closely at the image, heres what I saw.

image.thumb.png.8254dc9bc8ae084110b6a8384b86363a.png

So my first edit was wrong, Warly doesn't have a son, or at least isn't portrayed having one.

Wait... What if the unknown child in the family photo is his son? Oh god no, please let me rest, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Little one to the right is maybe Wheeler? ... Warly and her have the same skin tone ;)

Talking about skin tone... Dad's skin color is darker than Warly... So old lady is Def the mom... 

Edit.. Old lady has different skin tone from earlier portrait... Maybe she is granny from father side? 

1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

But the hair tho... :wilson_curious:

It's curly too maybe not quite the same shape but close enough...

Wheeler is a long shot cuz not in dst but she has the closest hair unless she is maybe Warly's little sister that is simply not in the game 

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

It's curly too maybe not quite the same shape but close enough...

Wheeler is a long shot cuz not in dst but she has the closest hair unless she is maybe Warly's little sister that is simply not in the game 

Also Warly regularly incorporates French into his dialogue, which sure, might suggest that he could've gone to France to apprentice a chef, but given his Shipwrecked roots I'm more inclined to believe that it's something that's a part of his culture, like the French Caribbean.

Spoiler

Although I don't doubt that the devs might've just gone, "Hey he's a chef, give him a french accent and call it a day!!" :wilson_sneaky:

9 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Also Warly regularly incorporates French into his dialogue, which sure, might suggest that he could've gone to France to apprentice a chef, but given his Shipwrecked roots I'm more inclined to believe that it's something that's a part of his culture, like the French Caribbean.

Reveal hidden contents

Although I don't doubt that the devs might've just gone, "Hey he's a chef, give him a french accent and call it a day!!" :wilson_sneaky:

Both might not be necessarily wrong...

Theorizing at this point: maybe Wheeler is his little sister lost at sea in a thunderstorm. She was rescued by another boat... A couple that adopter her and took her elsewhere while Warly's family stayed in France/francophone country they are originally from. They though she died and Wheeler has no idea about her origin.. 

15 minutes ago, Bernard said:

any info about the next rework/next character of the 4 characters?

If the next rework isn't Woodie Im going to personally march over the US/Canada border and break Klei's office door down.

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Both might not be necessarily wrong...

Theorizing at this point: maybe Wheeler is his little sister lost at sea in a thunderstorm. She was rescued by another boat... A couple that adopter her and took her elsewhere while Warly's family stayed in France/francophone country they are originally from. They though she died and Wheeler has no idea about her origin.. 

I don't think that a girl would forget her parents, unless she was a little baby, in that case it's highly unlikely she would've survived.

Also Wheeler is from UK, it makes no sense that a boat would find a drowning child near France and just still sail to UK

30 minutes ago, Canis said:

If the next rework isn't Woodie Im going to personally march over the US/Canada border and break Klei's office door down.

I mean, eventually every character will get their rework, but they seem to focus on underpowered/underused characters first, and other than wes, woodie is a prime candidate, my guess is that if Warly wasn't coming, they would have done woodie, so I wouldn't worry, I mean, who else would they do anyway? woodie need a rework more than any other character, my guess is Warly only edged out by virtue of being both new and he was once exclusive to singleplayer, so he needs to be changed significantly for multiplayer.

12 hours ago, Canis said:

(snip)

Heard a good theory about how Hamlet might be a moving mountain.

On the Aporkalypse Clock we can see a base, the sun and "moon" moving around it as well as a cone that moves up and down. When it moves down it connects with the base. The base is the Constant and the cone is Hamlet. That would explain how ancient pigs got up there and how Wormwood got down.

7 hours ago, LimeGreenINC said:

Ever heard about lighting and shading in drawing? The Gorge is a dark place and Warly's crockpot gives some light.

10 hours ago, LimeGreenINC said:

its not new hair colour, its just shading. im surprised you noticed new hair colour but didnt notice new skin colour and new shirt coulor. its clearly just different light

Archived