Warly Makes Landfall in DST Next Week!

15 minutes ago, AdventZen said:

I know the Constant is a weird distorted reality, but
As a defender of the Fruit Rights, I am offended by this heinous classification of the tomato

All jokes aside, fantastic update, will make a more complex analysis once I have time <3

It's a culinary honorary vegetable, ansd that's all that matters.

6 minutes ago, Raspberry Shake said:

If nobody else is going to say it, I'll have to.

Warly looks completely stoned in that image.

Oh snap!

He be cookin it in da cook pot pot pot! :wilson_ecstatic:

Thanks for this but i have some questions

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Warly can craft a Portable Crock Pot, Portable Grinding Mill, and Portable Seasoning Station, usable only by him.

What about his chef pouch?

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Warly can only eat prepared dishes from a Crock Pot.

So he will refuse eating anything else like wigfrid?

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Warly remembers the dishes he ate for up to two days and will enjoy them less every time they are repeated.

Is it like DS? Can we have number at least?

Very excited for the update :)

Spoiler
6 hours ago, JoeW said:

warly-motd-release-date.jpg

A ship has dashed upon the shores of the island and our survivors have recovered a new member to add to their team; Warly! Armed with a variety of rare ingredients and fancy cookware, Warly can't wait to spice up the lives of his newfound taste testers... er, friends, with a full-course dinner of brand new meals and invigorating spices.

Here are his details:

• Warly can craft a Portable Crock Pot, Portable Grinding Mill, and Portable Seasoning Station, usable only by him.
  • The Portable Crock Pot cooks 25% faster and includes new exclusive dishes with unique bonuses and effects.
  • The Portable Grinding Mill can be used to craft a variety of seasoning powders.
  • The Portable Seasoning Station combines a prepared dish with seasoning powder to add bonus effects to the food.
  • Warly has an increased max hunger of 250, but it decreases 20% faster than other characters.
  • Warly can only eat prepared dishes from a Crock Pot.
  • Warly remembers the dishes he ate for up to two days and will enjoy them less every time they are repeated.
  • Added new vegetables, available to all characters: Toma Root, Potato, Asparagus, Pepper, Onion, and Garlic.
  • Added several new Crock Pot recipes, available to all characters.

Warly is available for free for all DST players.
The Warly Deluxe Wardrobe is $7.99 and includes Warly's Roseate, Victorian and Trawler skin sets.

And, like always, Warly will have an animated short released on the same day. For now, here is some art from the making of that short.  

Wall_Gramaphone_sm.jpg

Wow! It just wow! You made a bunch of references to The Gorge! I look forward to this character)

I love this so much! Good job guys, these new content updates are really promising! I like the way this new Warly will play instead of regular DS :)

Also, I do really like the way all of the shorts have different art styles. Keep it up!

image.png.6922ab4d6184493e46d983b13210e5b8.png

So is no one gonna point out that Warly owns a suspiciously familiar phonograph or..?

EDIT: Also fairly sure Klei wants us to notice this too. The teaser image's name is "Wall_Gramophone".

7 minutes ago, Portmanteau said:

image.png.6922ab4d6184493e46d983b13210e5b8.png

So is no one else gonna point out that Warly owns a suspiciously familiar phonograph or..?

EDIT: Also fairly sure Klei wants us to notice this too. The teaser image's name is "Wall_Gramophone".

Oh believe me I've been squinting at that thing >_>

Well I'm holding out my full opinion until we see what these new warly exclusive objects and spices are but with the information on hand, he appears to be ok. 

If you take away the spices, grinding mill and season station (all of which we know 0 about) he's single player Warly but even picker (except for his hunger drain which went from -33% to -20%). I can only assume these new items warrant the nerfs.  

I'm sure he'll be fine when he comes out tho. Wormwood and willow all came out wonderfully, I'm sure the quality train will keep chugging

image.thumb.png.4addb3a9aac9f0e2153f31997c8af558.png

I think this and the other portrait with a similar look to it have been purposfully left "unfinished" like this. The appearence of it much reminds me of the silhouettes given for Wortox, Wagstaff, and Wheeler before their full identitys were revealed. Theres got to be something important about this picture I just know it...

Spoiler

image.png.8584b4bdd60828f378fabb0938682181.png

Dang when Warly called his cookpot "old friend" I didn't think it was gonna be practically as old as he is.

EDIT:

image.thumb.png.543ec8e463551062283aa52baa6ee911.png

Looking at this particular picture actually I'm pretty sure this is supposed to Warly leaving for Paris to move up in his career as a chef there. It gives off the look of a goodbye picture to me, and Warly also seems to be wearing a beret in it as well. Anyway just another random observation.

5 minutes ago, Portmanteau said:

image.thumb.png.4addb3a9aac9f0e2153f31997c8af558.png

I think this and the other portrait with a similar look to it have been purposfully left "unfinished" like this. The appearence of it much reminds me of the silhouettes given for Wortox, Wagstaff, and Wheeler before their full identitys were revealed. Theres got to be something important about this picture I just know it...

Nope!

there is nothing.

3 hours ago, KCDA said:

I need to know something... Something others haven't pointed out yet...

image.png.c22fef24e716680fa761ec25363ebfce.png.57d6b16e2e5b5342a5a0350afa749fc8.png

IS THIS A PAINTING OR A PHOTOGRAPH? WHY IS IT IN COLOR? Is the DS/DST timeline more messed up then I thought it was?

Oh wait figured it out, Warly comes from an alternate timeline that invented colored photographs extremely early. That feeling when the lore behind how skins work might actually be the answer...

The Lumière brothers introduced Autochrome, a color process, in 1907

HUZZA! seasoning! the perfect way to buff existing food without needing to re-cook everything! this isn't exactly what I had in mind for the rework, but I'll take it anyway! curious about the lack of stuff about the chef pouch, and the hard limit on only eating crockpot food is harsh, but seems fair for an upcoming food wizard.

god I wish I could time travel, cause I want this now!

51 minutes ago, Portmanteau said:

So is no one gonna point out that Warly owns a suspiciously familiar phonograph or..?

Maybe Maxwell didn't exclusively use PR-76s to communicate with real-world residents... for all we know the gramophones could act as conduits for evil energies as well.
Whatever the case I would love to see Maxwell talk to Warly through the ML-77, that would be pretty neat.

2 hours ago, AdventZen said:

I know the Constant is a weird distorted reality, but
As a defender of the Fruit Rights, I am offended by this heinous classification of the tomato

All jokes aside, fantastic update, will make a more complex analysis once I have time <3

and yet you don't defend the pepper ...

Archived