What do you think the next update would be about?

For people like me who can't wait, what do you think the next update would be about? I think (or rather I would prefer) will be new more biomes with a new plant or material. So what do you think? maybe a new system power? or an elevator? or critter that lives in clean water?...

Its very small updates in which Klei fixes bugs, n' stuff to enhance game performance, and every one in a while (usually about every month or so), Klei will drop a bigger update, releasing new stuff, and about 2-4 weeks later they release it completely. Then they fix all the bugs that happened with the update, repeat.

TL;DR: Im pretty sure the OP is talking about the next bigger update.

Which I kind of want to be a disease update. Because right now we only have one. 

14 minutes ago, onebit said:
  • Omellete re-think
  • Incubator queue
  • Map generator allows user to specify volcanoes

I had an idea to be able to fill the 'niche' of being allowed to choice geysers. A new lategame job with massive expectations: Geologist, a Science type job, is trained by analyzing geysers and on 2 new errand types. "Maintain geyser" which takes plenty of work, but it will slightly improve the material outputs and also reduce the time it is Dormant by a small margin. There is also "Refresh geyser" where they will go to the geyser and start a large scale project of demolition and inspection to turn this geyser into a new, random one with different stats. This may need a new resource called 'Sulfur' or something explosive you need to mix up so it isn't free to do this.

The unique thing for these two errands should be that multiple Geologists can work on the same Geyser/Vent/Volcano because it will take *a long* time to do this. Up to several cycles.

I really want the ability to block certain material from being transported through a door.  i.e. Don't take x eggs through here or don't take slimelung items in the base without having to play games with priority.  Even if all it did is stop all dupes from moving material past it, I would love it.  If anyone has a way to do this that I missed short of using Dupe priority, let me know.

-SixbySix

1 hour ago, onebit said:

I'd settle for 1 guaranteed metal geyser.

1 hour ago, Alfons100 said:

Yeah, thats something we can all agree on.

these are what I like to keep an eye out for:

1 Gold (second best thermal conducter after tungsten)

1 Magma (free heat and unlimited sand)

1 Slush geyser (free cooling + fertilizer/natural gas)

1 water geyser

I'd like:

Spoiler

Volgus

Specialized Dupe Clothing (Jobs/Water Suit/Etc)

I want Red and Green Shine Bugs

MORE LORE

Combustion!

I want to be able to plaster this wallpaper all over my base!

wallposter_0.png.08bcd19b05d86be28ff3d4a723dc7f44.png

DRECKLINGS!!

Palmera Trees!

Heat Bulbs!

CARPET FLOORING!!

floor_carpet_0.png.d428539a779740d9f812ae9155cae02e.png

The seed splicer

Wall Lamps!

walllamp_0.png.c051a004477ab64e2c1e5d1c3bee86a6.png

I WANNA SEE THE STONE HATCHLINGS LOOK LIKE THEY'RE MADE OF NEUTRONIUM!!

neutronium.png.5811a71eb5d9209e30d9336cf93b9408.pngneutronium.png.5811a71eb5d9209e30d9336cf93b9408.pngneutronium.png.5811a71eb5d9209e30d9336cf93b9408.pngneutronium.png.5811a71eb5d9209e30d9336cf93b9408.pngneutronium.png.5811a71eb5d9209e30d9336cf93b9408.pngneutronium.png.5811a71eb5d9209e30d9336cf93b9408.png

2 minutes ago, Bobanaut said:

i would think a ranching MK3... the current one just feels all useless right now. didn't change much between MK1 and MK2 in that retrorespect

Well in Ranching MK1 all that was introduced was:

• New Geysers
  • Ranching
  • Critter Reproduction

What was added in MK2 was:

• Critter Morphs
  • Drecko
  • Pacu
  • Critter Age
  • The death of the drip cooling bug

Seems like a lot more if you ask me. :3

Spoiler

Me personally, I'd LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE if we were to just have a "Cosmetic Upgrade".

Spoiler

I WANNA PIMP MY BASE DAMMIT!!!

material color effect

tiers of exosuits
 1: Basic O2 or Scuba, allows for those extended excursions into the depths of the asteroid without running out of air.  Combined with appropriate clothing its almost as good as current exosuit.  Would not prevent getting wet or suffering wetness debuffs
2: Exosuit

3: JumpSuit +1 to jump range or alternatively wingsuit

4: Mech: perhaps a modular mechanized unit capable of "large" jobs but requires reinforced floors to support it and needs extra headroom compared to basic dupes.  Honestly pipe dream but yeah Mechs!

on pipe thermal sensors let it hold its last reading until something new hits the sensor

I feel like Exosuits should be split in their functionality.  The current situation of 1 suit doing everything seems to be too easy of a solution.

A basic exosuit would simply be an oxygen tank and mask, little or no thermal properties and no germ protection beyond the air tank.  Does not prevent Soggy Feet or Sopping Wet.

A series of more advanced exosuits, 2 for temperature insulation (1 for heat, one for cold), 1 for germs, and 1 for working in water.  Different materials required for different advanced variations.

I'd like to see more diseases, possibly even some from exposure to wild critters (but not from tamed ones) and a viable Doctor job.  The multiple types of exosuits is a good idea too (as long as the requirements for the lesser suit are easier to meet for early game work).

2 hours ago, Soulwind said:

I'd like to see more diseases, possibly even some from exposure to wild critters (but not from tamed ones) and a viable Doctor job.  The multiple types of exosuits is a good idea too (as long as the requirements for the lesser suit are easier to meet for early game work).

WE NEED A MEDIC!!!

Spoiler

I couldn't resist. :biggrin-new:

What do I think it will be?  Cleaning up the mess leftover from Ranching Mk II.

What do I want it to be?  Any of the following would make me very happy.

• more diseases and a medic job
  • aggressive critters (shockworms and volgus) and a soldier job
  • fire, explosions, and combustible materials, a firefighting task, and a sprinkler system that can be installed via liquid pipes
  • a more robust light/dark system
  • robotics

Down the road I eventually want to see radioactive materials and nuclear power and an asteroid surface biome complete with solar panels, a rocket to take our dupes to freedom, and of course space pirate raids.

g3YoHK8.jpg

Credit for the pic goes to Brothgar

Archived