What do you think the next update would be about?

8 hours ago, goboking said:

(...) volgus

Volgus aren't agressive, they're passive mobs. From what Risu showed us, Volgus are like the Rabbits from Don't Starve; they run away from the player/dupes.

1 hour ago, cremisi said:

so I can probably make a power plant filled with them critters

DO NOT APPROACH THE SHOCKWORMS!! 

Spoiler

GIF pending... :wilson_dorky:

Plant breeding?

It'd be nice to be able to make more briar and wheezewort plants.  Perhaps mixing plant genetics for all new types of plants or currently existing ones to be able to increase their yield, reduce fertilizer/water needs, increased growth speed, etc.

36 minutes ago, Albryant said:

Plant breeding?

It'd be nice to be able to make more briar and wheezewort plants.  Perhaps mixing plant genetics for all new types of plants or currently existing ones to be able to increase their yield, reduce fertilizer/water needs, increased growth speed, etc.

fabricator_seed_splicer_0.png.4a2196ded000b524c5126faba228b168.png

4 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

DO NOT APPROACH THE SHOCKWORMS!! 

5af322447db6c_DONTDOIT.gif.75a39fda3b8e172449de9554b826d201.gif

33 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

fabricator_seed_splicer_0.png.4a2196ded000b524c5126faba228b168.png

Put dupes in there instead of seeds and we can call that DNA Modifier Machine or something like that

Dupe -> Mutation -> x% incurable death (cancer?) / y% superdupe 

Managed by any scientist, the better the scientist higher success rate

This can be part of the nuclear upgrade :D

3 hours ago, Arash70 said:

Put dupes in there instead of seeds and we can call that DNA Modifier Machine or something like that

Dupe -> Mutation -> x% incurable death (cancer?) / y% superdupe 

Managed by any scientist, the better the scientist higher success rate

This can be part of the nuclear upgrade :D

Am I the only person who thought that you meant putting a dupe in with a seed?

And it's a seed splicer, it splices the DNA of two seeds...would you REALLY want to be splicing the DNA of two dupes? :wilson_curious:

1- How about being able to make any machine from refined metal. (So refined metal geysers allow creation of more stuff) Plus I want gold doors, everywhere.

2- A higher temp material for machines. (or just above + increased overheat temps for refined metals)

3- Glass usable for tiles.

4- A Sweeper that mines within range instead of sweeping.

5- Move-able Thermo nullifiers.

6- Destroyable POI crap.

7 minutes ago, Hellshound38 said:

1- How about being able to make any machine from refined metal. (So refined metal geysers allow creation of more stuff) Plus I want gold doors, everywhere.

2- A higher temp material for machines. (or just above + increased overheat temps for refined metals)

Combine these two with the ability to melt down Abyssalite and recool it into Tungsten.

41 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

And it's a seed splicer, it splices the DNA of two seeds...would you REALLY want to be splicing the DNA of two dupes? :wilson_curious:

That's actually not a bad idea :D

Destroyable POI crap.

There's a problem with that, instead of solving poi puzzles, you can deconstruct them then which is not good.

5 minutes ago, greggbert said:

LOVE BABY!!!!!!!!

Relationships between dupes!

Don't necessarily want it, but that's what I think is coming next.  Aww who am I kidding It will be great.

stinky and harold are not gays, but i want to save some space with these double beds

I'd like to see something added to better or just more realistically manage heat. Of course the best way to manage this would be to allow access to the surface of the asteroid and add radiators! :) Still looking forward to space tech. 

well the heating of the abysallite is done vis a vis temp shift plates, as for achieving such temps naturally........ sacrifice a pump to load liquid metal into your plumbing lines, then pass that through a metal refinery
Important side note, the contents of the refinery will exhaust heat if you don't keep it in a vacuum

3 hours ago, Arash70 said:

There's a problem with that, instead of solving poi puzzles, you can deconstruct them then which is not good.

The obvious solution to that is to make all PoIs function like the ones with Genetic Lock Doors.  Simply block line of sight on the interior of the PoI until the puzzle is solved and the Door opens.

It's just plain silly that we can't deconstruct some of the Ruins tiles and structures.  Case and point, the one that spawns in the Swamp Biome, with the flooded lunch table.  It serves no purpose -- it's only function is to be in the way.

I just want a bug fix and quality of life patch.

Fix the various bugs related to fps (some things simply fail to process when a frame is dropped and it really impacts some builds).

Allow farmers touch and groomed to be re-applied when the existing buff has 10% time remaining so I can base my calculations on the assumption that I will have 100% uptime on them.

Let me store plant nutrient so i can keep a buffer of it in my farms. This will help make my farmers more efficient as they won't need to spend time crafting the stuff while the plant is waiting without a buff.

Insulated doors! Tripple mechanical doors are amusing at first but when you're building your 8th one it's just a chore.

A gas overlay that shows me colour coded ambient gas.

Normalise geyser spawning a bit. Random is fine to a point but the extremes it goes to currently can invalidate some seeds entirely and make others trivially easy. Maybe assign a score to the different geyser types, multiplied by it's average output then distribute a fixed score per seed over geysers so they average out overall. Let's say all seeds get 1000 points worth of geysers - 200 would always go to water (could be 3 bad ones, 1 really good one, an average steam and a bad slush, etc) 100 always goes to metal, 200 always goes to nat gas and the rest goes random to other geyser types. That way you still have random geysers but you don't get complete dud seeds. You could also increase/decrease geyser score as a difficulty slider in custom games.

Someone mentioned above allowing item permissions on doors. That would be awesome. Maybe the checkpoint can do this as it currently does nothing unique. Already my head is filling with ideas for the many applications of this, especially when combined with conveyors.

Actual problems for the player to solve:

Your stuff can now catch fire, agressive critters in biomes guarding valuable resources, short circuits, random outbreaks of diseases and so on.

Survival for the sake of Survival is getting a bit stale.

2 hours ago, JonnyMonroe said:

Normalise geyser spawning a bit. Random is fine to a point but the extremes it goes to currently can invalidate some seeds entirely and make others trivially easy. Maybe assign a score to the different geyser types, multiplied by it's average output then distribute a fixed score per seed over geysers so they average out overall. Let's say all seeds get 1000 points worth of geysers - 200 would always go to water (could be 3 bad ones, 1 really good one, an average steam and a bad slush, etc) 100 always goes to metal, 200 always goes to nat gas and the rest goes random to other geyser types. That way you still have random geysers but you don't get complete dud seeds. You could also increase/decrease geyser score as a difficulty slider in custom games.

True.

My current map has 4 (maybe even 5) NG-Geysers, 2 co2 geysers, 2 copper volcanos and 1 steam vent. Guess in which order i had to excavate them.

16 hours ago, greggbert said:

LOVE BABY!!!!!!!!

Relationships between dupes!

Don't necessarily want it, but that's what I think is coming next.  Aww who am I kidding It will be great.

This.

Oxygen not included - Nursery Upgrade

Dupes can duplicate...

3 hours ago, blash365 said:

True.

My current map has 4 (maybe even 5) NG-Geysers, 2 co2 geysers, 2 copper volcanos and 1 steam vent. Guess in which order i had to excavate them.

Mine has 1 NG that produces effectively nothing.  2 steam which can't produce enough for my electrolyzers but luckily I eventually found a slush geyser for NG, berries and wheat that just keeps up.  Now those useless volcanoes, co2 gysers and some others all got walled in. 

On 5/9/2018 at 7:25 AM, watermelen671 said:

Volgus aren't agressive, they're passive mobs. From what Risu showed us, Volgus are like the Rabbits from Don't Starve; they run away from the player/dupes.

Maybe in your asteroid they're passive, but in mine they've all gone feral and every cycle is a bitter fight for survival.

1 hour ago, goboking said:

Maybe in your asteroid they're passive, but in mine they've all gone feral and every cycle is a bitter fight for survival.

Well, in the code they're passive. Why would little rat hogs be aggressive?

20170612191959_1.jpg.e67dce7753d7bbe8916

Their LITERAL in-game description is: 

A skittish mammalian creature. It moves in herds for safety.

Also, Risu once said:

They wouldn't be too happy about that. Their reaction to a dupe approaching is to flee to the den.

Archived