What do you think the next update would be about?

4 hours ago, Elendiar said:

Hope no more animals, i wanna more hi-tech production chains. No more annoying ranchers, more resources, more states of substances, more physics with chemistry!

B-b-b-but...Volgus! :wilson_cry:

volgus.png.c9cb0e8876c210ab1a506f8a796f199c.png

Also, what do you even mean by "more states of substances"? There's only four states of matter: solid, liquid, gas, and plasma. And tbh I'd love to see plasma added into the game...means we get neon and thlaba lamps!

Spoiler

5afad54bb3408_lavalampsizecomparison.png.7efe5789c1d0d6fd268a41ac1a3bb049.png

I ALSO WANT CHEF OUTFITS DAMMIT!! GIVE ME MY FANCY FRENCH DUPES!!! :biggrin-new:

Spoiler

5afad56ccd247_NailsChef.png.c35573131ce27e73ffc8ccca2bd74874.png

On 5/15/2018 at 7:42 AM, watermelen671 said:

Also, what do you even mean by "more states of substances"? There's only four states of matter: solid, liquid, gas, and plasma.

Isn't a Bose-Einstein condensate a fifth state of matter?

4 hours ago, Albryant said:

Isn't a Bose-Einstein condensate a fifth state of matter?

Spoiler

"A Bose–Einstein condensate (BEC) is a state of matter of a dilute gas of bosons cooled to temperatures very close to absolute zero. Under such conditions, a large fraction of bosons occupy the lowest quantum state, at which point microscopic quantum phenomena, particularly wavefunction interference, become apparent."

Spoiler

Boson: a subatomic particle, such as a photon, that has zero or integral spin and follows the statistical description given by S. N. Bose and Einstein.

But uh...from what I've read, that state of matter is only possible when Bosons reach a temperature of either absolute zero or near absolute zero.

Spoiler

"A BEC is formed by cooling a gas of extremely low density, about one-hundred-thousandth the density of normal air, to ultra-low temperatures."

Y'know what? Screw it...I'm just gonna paste a list of the states of matter that I grabbed from Wikipedia.

Spoiler

14f2a3845fcaab6d393f53aca22c82ec.pnge31d5fa5be02a17972b345c5a011a8ee.pngfb4b9d381b63d953781d5006143f41f8.png

- Optimization

When it gets past 200 Cycles on my computer it takes 2-5 minutes to load a save because it has to calculate all the materials on the map. This is done after the map is loaded, so I have to watch the numbers slowly add up. Also saving causes 10-30 seconds of lag. I know my system isn't the fastest, but the overall game runs just great outside of these minor hiccups.

- NPCs

I would like to see those alien creatures added to the game and become a menace to me and my Dupes with them competing for resources. I can then for to war with them.

- Tile Textures.

This is a minor one, but it would be nice to see the building tiles finally get their textures and colors besides just recycling Sandstone. This would set up a new aspect to base design beyond a material's thermal conductivity is for use. Players can become more artistic in design.

- Art

Another minor one. The art for painting and sculptures though very nice are really limited in choice. What to we have like total for paintings, 6-9? Outside of the 3 for level 5 Art I don't remember the rest, since I always have a Dupe with high skill. It would be nice if the varieties were at 6 for each skill level (beginniner, average, and expert) for; painting, sculpting, and ice block.

For sure plastic surgery, to make dupes legs one tile longer.

On 17.5.2018 at 11:43 AM, vonVile said:

- Optimization

When it gets past 200 Cycles on my computer it takes 2-5 minutes to load a save

Wow i thought my PC is slow with a < 1min. loadtime..

4 hours ago, Oozinator said:

For sure plastic surgery, to make dupes legs one tile longer.

...how about they just give us a dedicated medic job? :wilson_goodjob:

Also, you can do that already, just use Duplicity, the ONI save file editor.

Spoiler

(I'd link ya to it...but I'm on mobile and have no idea where it is. :wilson_drool:)

On 17.5.2018 at 11:43 AM, vonVile said:

- NPCs

I would like to see those alien creatures added to the game and become a menace to me and my Dupes with them competing for resources. I can then for to war with them.

please don't add enemies.

I'd rather take an escape-plot as end-game: build a comm-array first to contact home and then a spaceport to receive rescue-crafts later on. the latter switching off the dupe-printer and needing a ridiculous amount of power and resources, while only taking a few dupes with them every other cycle. forcing you to maintain your huge base with fewer dupes each time some of them escape. can you get all of them off this rock or will the last ones be sacrificed for the others?

alternatively, convert your asteroid to a spacecraft by building a bridge, external sensors, thrusters etc.

On 5/17/2018 at 4:43 AM, vonVile said:

- Art

Another minor one. The art for painting and sculptures though very nice are really limited in choice. What to we have like total for paintings, 6-9? Outside of the 3 for level 5 Art I don't remember the rest, since I always have a Dupe with high skill. It would be nice if the varieties were at 6 for each skill level (beginniner, average, and expert) for; painting, sculpting, and ice block.

I want to see polluted ice sculptures with Morbs, Pufts, or even a giant pile of poo as possibilities.  :D

I want to see more things in the world, in general. That includes more plants, more stationary structures that do things (i.e. geysers, vents, and thermo cooler machines), maybe more animals. I just want more things to interact with so decisions become more situational, making the play style more dynamic. New biomes would be cool (maybe an abandoned alien machinery biome or something vastly different than the current ones).

But some new mechanics could be cool too, specifically...

• Darkness and proper lighting - Earlier previews had way cooler looking lighting. Actually current builds don't seem to have any lighting effects at all.
  • Fire - For really heating things up
  • Chemical Reactions - Would be nice to improve on creativity + automation

- Relationships!!! Friends, Lovers (babies), Enemies,

- Aging system and "family tree\hall of fame" kind of history keeping system

- Any sort of enemies (waves, random attacks, angry animals,)

- Explosions

- More colored lights!!! :)

- Mutations!

13 hours ago, alloeble said:

- Explosions

I don't know why a lot of people suggest explosions. I think is a really bad idea, besides that, it does not fit in the game. And What is the meaning or the usefull of the explosions? I don't think explosions can have a meaning because "explosions":

Do you mean c4? it is not a usefull thing in the game (and yes I saw comments saying they prefer to explode than dig... I can only say to this people "For real?").

You mean you want pressure explosions or something like that? In this way, it will probably only be decor animations so it does not make sense.

Or explosions from geysers or magma, in this case I prefer fire.

I can't think a way that make usefull, fun or simply functional "explosions". So can anyone tell me why a lot of people want it?

I hope someone can answer me, and sorry if I made any mistake I'm still learning english.

59 minutes ago, Martillo said:

I don't know why a lot of people suggest explosions. I think is a really bad idea, besides that, it does not fit in the game. And What is the meaning or the usefull of the explosions? I don't think explosions can have a meaning because "explosions":

Do you mean c4? it is not a usefull thing in the game (and yes I saw comments saying they prefer to explode than dig... I can only say to this people "For real?").

You mean you want pressure explosions or something like that? In this way, it will probably only be decor animations so it does not make sense.

Or explosions from geysers or magma, in this case I prefer fire.

I can't think a way that make usefull, fun or simply functional "explosions". So can anyone tell me why a lot of people want it?

I hope someone can answer me, and sorry if I made any mistake I'm still learning english.

I think what most people are asking for is more of a risk for carelessness.  For example, Hydrogen is highly flammable in real life.  But in ONI, there's no danger of Hydrogen igniting in the room where a Coal Generator is operating continuously.

Archived