[Game Update] - Against the Grain Preview (BETA 204445)

46 minutes ago, Zeruul said:

Go to my Documents > Klei > DoNotStarveTogether(or DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta)>[Your save slot], then delete the cave file/server. The cave will be regenerated the next time you launch the game.

If you have file access, then you should have console access as well: c_regenerateshard() on the caverns shard.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Actually, that was just a coincidence that these two posts happened so close together. The person I'm speaking of doesn't have a Klei forum account otherwise I would have mentioned them too. He does seem to do a lot of lurking so maybe one day we'll see him here...

Yes, I am that person......hey Fang. Also hello all I have been lurking since the release of Don't Starve (Single player in the olden days) and never really made an account until now so expect to see me a lot more. Hello..... also I can't wait to see the mechanics of the Antlion. 

Edited by Mr.Midnight
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, verm1ll1on said:

I must ask: why is there a "notorious" after every post you make?

It's a signature, i believe.

Anyways, this is some pretty exciting news. Having cave-ins and sinkholes will increase the difficulty for sure, but what about that antlion? That tribute line makes me wonder if the world is going to experience random sandstorms during the Summer that you'll be forced to put off by giving the antlion gifts, much like the Volcano in SW. :wilson_dilemma:

And if the Antlion is fightable, please don't make it another raid boss. In fact, what if the antlion always attacked you at the end of Summer like Deerclops? That would make for a more intense Summer adventure. :)

• Like 3

If I had the guess the sinkholes/caveins will be a world feature (that I think im really going to enjoy) while the sand storm ... hmmm or boss feature or like the volcano from SW give tribute to the antlion and you won't have sand storms (I prefer the secound one) . Damn I really can't wait for this patch ! That is if i'm right ... I mean we are finally getting some major change to the game .

48 minutes ago, Lumina said:

What exactly is the cave-ins ? I don't understand what it's supposed to do.

Could someone explains ?

Pure speculation but I believe the sink hole to be a circular area on the overworld that crumbles which will transport you to the caverns below, also causing debris in the caverns where the cave-in happens.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mr.Midnight said:

Yes, I am that person......hey Fang. Also hello all I have been lurking since the release of Don't Starve (Single player in the olden days) and never really made an account until now so expect to see me a lot more. Hello..... also I can't wait to see the mechanics of the Antlion. 

Welcome :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr.Midnight said:
  1. Yes, I am that person......hey Fang. Also hello all I have been lurking since the release of Don't Starve (Single player in the olden days) and never really made an account until now so expect to see me a lot more. Hello.....
  2. also I can't wait to see the mechanics of the Antlion. 
  1. Heyo~! Nice to meet 'cha.
  2. I want to see if it roars, clicks, or mews when approaching it.

I'm kind of confused... If these 'cave ins' keep happening then the world will eventually be covered in holes to the underworld.

Also, what if one sprouted right under your base?

"Yay, we finally got an alchemy eng-"

*crumblecrumblecrumble*

Edited by NeddoFreddo
  • Like 4

I don't think it'll force you into the caves either (that would fit right in with singleplayer DS's mechanics, but DST is generally more forgiving than that). But that first idea would screw over way too many people, I play alone so needing a friend would mean I'd have to avoid them like the plague or just sit there until I starve If I accidentally fall in.

What If you had to put some turf over them? They could only appear on turf generated with the world, but any placed down by you (crafted or just dug up from elsewhere in the world) would be immune to sinkholes.

• Like 1