[Game Update] - Against the Grain Preview (BETA 204445)

3 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

What's the prefab name you use to spawn in Slipstor? I've seen a bunch of pictures of it but I want to see how it actually looks in-game.

I don't think there's any prefab at all, but don't quote me on this.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Let me remind everyone that the first and only hint at the Slipstor was back in January 2015, back in the olden days of DST Beta when it was in the files. It hasn't been mentioned since sadly.

That doesn't stop me from hoping it'll be added.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned during one of the earliest ANR streams actually, maybe before that even, but that isn't saying much.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Bread recipes for the crock pot?

Before they add any new food sources, they really need to balance the ones that are already in the game.

Bunnymen, Beefalo, Pigs, and Gobblers are all easily exploitable for more food than you can eat, but then farms are worthless, there's no reason to fish after you've set up bee boxes, and rabbits are actually useless (even in the early game).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

What's the prefab name you use to spawn in Slipstor? I've seen a bunch of pictures of it but I want to see how it actually looks in-game.

As far as I'm aware everything related to slip and slipstor has been removed from the game's files.

30 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

and rabbits are actually useless

Not if you have a nightmare amulet.

• Like 2

Even Beardlings aren't that great. Beardlords give the same loot (Minus the nightmare fuel, but Nightmares are the easiest thing to kite in the game) for 1 carrot and some CTRL+Fs. With Beardlings you have to make a trap, set it down, chase one into it, reset the trap by another hole, etc.

I also wouldn't waste the gems on a nightmare amulet when you can just scarf down some green caps to go insane.

29 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

Even Beardlings aren't that great. Beardlords give the same loot (Minus the nightmare fuel, but Nightmares are the easiest thing to kite in the game) for 1 carrot and some CTRL+Fs. With Beardlings you have to make a trap, set it down, chase one into it, reset the trap by another hole, etc.

I also wouldn't waste the gems on a nightmare amulet when you can just scarf down some green caps to go insane.

I find it to be a nice supplement to both my supply of nightmare fuel and monster meat. I don't really use purple gems much anyway and the amulet lasts quite a while when only used for beardlings. I tend to use a lot of fuel so I'll take whatever I can get. And it's not like I'm insane often when I mostly use Maxwell.

Also, you don't need to go chase the rabbit/beardlings into traps. Once ya get enough grass and twigs you can just drop a trap on each rabbit hole and check it every few days. It's really not much work at all this way.

49 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

if you have a steady way to go insane  or have a maxwell that can stay insane forever the nightmare amulet is actually useful

Normally you dont use the nightmare amulet to go insane you use it to spawn in the nightmares then un equipping for it to last longer. I just do the spam in the chest method so the durability doesnt get wasted and the nightmares still spawn