Winter's Feast and Wolfgang's Character Refresh Are Now Live!

On 12/9/2021 at 10:15 PM, HowlVoid said:

Looks like Wolfgang on top. 

Maybe he was supposed to carry the elephant, but saw a mouse and dropped it.

Also, am I crazy or is that King Julian on the left hand side of the ball?

I want to move it move it. I WANT TO MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Hey I was kinda right.

And I'm starting to feel a bit more secure in believing that they are getting their powers from the "Them" or the nightmare fuel.

And I guess Maxwell had the codex before the train accident.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

I'm not very happy with the changes to Wolfgang. I'm playing alone and it was hard enough already to complete the content by myself. But most importantly the new loop is just an annoyance. The gym and dumbbells make you less mobile. You need to spend time staying in place pumping Might, carry more resources to make dumbbells for Might upkeep or build gyms everywhere. And their mechanics get boring quickly. I agree that taking actions should reward you with Might points instead of standing still and the training should stop the Might decrease for some time. And what about prolonged fights? I have to be very clever around my fights and they take a long time. How am I supposed to maintain the mighty form? I like the suggestion to make dumbbells recharge Might passively as they are held in hand. People say he needed the nerf but to me the cost of keeping him full all the time was high enough. If speed was such an issue maybe it could have been tweaked slightly, but I just don't like the new way he's supposed to work and I liked him very much in his old form. I'm considering changing characters.

Edited by eldr1ch
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Shopcat 1

Hey, first of all I would really like to thank for the update and I appreciate all Klei workers' efforts that making this update possible. I have a question which I'd like to ask though. Why the potato sacks come out of the nothing? I really thought that we would come with the sack, not after we built the gym station. I also don't understand why you did not add same functions of bundle wrap to potato sacks. It would be really awesome to see if potato sacks constitute bundle wrap (with same function).

• Like 1

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH Klei!!! 

This animated short was phenomenal. I nearly cried from how good it was! I don't care about the nerf anymore, a small price to pay for such a fantastic origin story. 

And the lore!!! (SPOILER WARNING!!! if someone hasn't watched yet!)

Wolfgang is a nightmare fuel shapeshifter!? Wolfgang came to constant willingly!? Does this mean whimpy form is a curse, and Wolfgang is actually being drained of his life force by fuel??? The only nitpick I have is that incoming train scene should have played before the elephant being dragged out scene, to make it less confusing on what exsactly is happening. 

You guys are the best indie developers ever! 

Edited by Gi-Go
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well then now that Wolfgang's rework is out there're are only 4 characters left

I expect Klei to finish the reowkrs of the Big Three, aka Wx and Wicker. Then we'll get Maxwell rework and as a proper finish WIlson's rework. The original antagonist and protagonist finish the rework cycle.

Can't wait to see what Klei has in store for them.

Also...

Klei now you know that you'll most likely have to release a beta for Wx and Wicker reworks as well.

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

I expect Klei to finish the reowkrs of the Big Three, aka Wx and Wicker. Then we'll get Maxwell rework and as a proper finish WIlson's rework. The original antagonist and protagonist finish the rework cycle.

Also...

Klei now you know that you'll most likely have to release a beta for Wx and Wicker reworks as well.

Will be funny when Maxwell will be first reworked character from who left

1 hour ago, Jason said:

A note about this refresh

When we started these character refreshes, we approached them by saying "This is what we're adding to a character to make people who like that character like them more. We made X more X-like". In this case, we knew (as many players suspected) that Wolfgang was going to need a bit of a nerf. Obviously, that's going to cause some friction, so we approached Wolfgang in a way that would focus his role and improve on the character fantasy rather than just doing what he already did but better. The result is a character that is more specialized and focused on being "The Strongman" both in and out of combat. We're still certainly keeping an eye on feedback, but we'd like you all to give it some time and let us know what you think. 

I thought I'd make a little comment on this because why not.

Ummm, I think there's more to it than that and I think the Klei team also takes creative liberties. 

Wendy was improved upon and she ended up doing both more single target damage and group damage than before. I think this goes a little above sticking Wendy to being Wendy with the addition of the petal debuff. In this rework I think the team focused more on a mechanical approach than what her "fantasy role" is.

Willow was more of a pyromaniac pre-rework, but after the refresh this part of her wasn't really explored at all. In this case her "fantasy role" was completely ignored in preference for a more lore friendly approach.

Webber and Wigfrid on the other hand did have refreshes that tied into their lore and made them more of their "fantasy role" (I keep putting quotations cause fantasy role is a very loose term).. 

When some people hated the nurse spider design, Joe commented that they allow the artist to approach the designs with some creative liberty on how they think a certain entity should be designed. I think creative liberties are taken into account when designing refreshes and that most likely includes how each individual developer sees what a good Wolfgang refresh would be from their perspective and not always from a lore, balanced, or role stance, but personal preference. 

Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's their game after all.

Just my 1 cent, cause I can't count to 2.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 4

7 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Also...

Imagine a protagonists double rework!

Edited by leonidas_iv
  • GL Happy 2

Part of me is kinda hoping Klei puts full force on the last few reworks next year so we can get them all done and over with and have focus on other pieces of content. Kleis choice what they wanna do though ofc!

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 10
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:
  1. Don't Starve Together: The Incredible Strongman
    Wolfgang always prided himself on his strength, but after an embarrassing mishap reveals his might to be a touch exaggerated, he finds himself eager to accept any opportunity to get stronger… no matter how dubious the source.
  2. wintersfeast_2021_flat_02.jpg
  3.  then we’ll be right back to get everybody ready for The Year of the Catcoon event! Have a wonderful Winter’s Feast everyone! 

On 12/10/2021 at 1:06 AM, maradyne said:

Yea, he ended up being taken in place of Witherstone, who...kind of had a loan shark vibe going on, and William owed money to.
    Wes himself was down on his luck; there may have been events that led to that...and he seems to have a bad luck streak in general, getting mixed up in misfortune as a matter of course.

Thing is, Witherstone sold the kinds of things that a circus would also be interested in...so there may have been a point to showing him in Wes's trailer.
    The circus comes up again in the William Carter puzzles; the crash between a circus train and a passenger train being the moment that the aforementioned vanished, and The Great Maxwell emerged. Strong indications that he was, in fact, on that train via the images revealed at that time...along with the poster that's been shown here again.
    It's also the moment that he found a certain book.

Regardless of what happens with Wolfgang, actually...
    We might get some Codex Umbra lore here.

On 12/10/2021 at 1:09 AM, minespatch said:

Train crash as well.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:46 PM, minespatch said:

Like I said, I hope we get to see the military background of Wolfgang as well. Though maybe We'll see William Carter in this trailer.

Woooo, got a bit right!

Is the Ringleader a brother of Wolfgang's?

2. Gingerpigs steal things? :wilson_shocked:

3. 589300c4e0431_arielkittyreaction.png.376ab5f6230c10d60e5e5c366623256c.png581fffd6e4a5c_unearthinganewkittencoon.thumb.png.b00c7ea50f0da73d514f7b6763fe1753.png5b41abc36180b_skeledorkapproachingkittykits.thumb.png.066ddbf3d3044a7ddf8b9f873ed2a93b.png5bb2865406010_kekkitties.png.228beb54cddf0c16b1e1bd81785959ff.png

1 hour ago, Dr. Safety said:

image.png.f11716318553113f1599e3f9dfb68d39.png

image.png.c2996426706b0f2968e694a507fbac97.png

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

image.thumb.png.333e1f44b59691edeeafa448c7d73f79.png

On 12/25/2020 at 11:42 PM, minespatch said:

I'm hoping Grinch Wortox becomes official Merrymaker.:wilson_ecstatic:

I'm torn on merrymaker and snowfallen wormwood. I'm guessing his two will be Pointsetta and mistletoe related but yours might be closer to what the devs might come up with.

That Klaus animation would be a good loading screen.

580c1dbe4e7ac_arielcloseupintensifies.png.634d98285db06467db7efa447adb81eb.png

1664369961_wortoxlaughter.thumb.png.5f7d341c189817ca2e69ac4afffd8baf.png

Just now, Szczuku said:

I'm guessing they'll be next due to their birthdays. WX being in November, so Wicker would be first. That would me we would get refreshes in 2023 for the final two(Maxwell being first instead of birthday but plot relevance)..

• Like 5
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, Eughstein said:

i honestly was expecting klei to add new tree decorations for killing cc, eye and twins of terror 

image.png

also if someone wonder, no, they don't forgot to add them to boss loot, they don't even exist in game files and not avaliable to spawn via console

• Like 1

Klei you have failed me. I am incredibly disappointed in the rework. Not because i hate what you did with Wolfgang, but because the Winter's Feast menu music is missing due to Wolfgang having the spotlight. Please Fix this as soon as possible if possible.
Perhaps add an option to have either, the menu music is something i look forward to every year and i wil be so upset if it is not present

Edited by SlotMachineGun7
Suggesting Menu Option
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Very disappointed, you asked for feedback and got more feedback then ever, added mining bonus that's nice but not a big deal and did not add speed back, not even in wimpy or normal.

You had the right idea with the weights and meter, definitely a good thing and well implemented, but you blew it with the speed removal.

• Like 2
  • Shopcat 5
  • Sad Dupe 2

Pssst, guys, looks like Wimpy Wolf gets a small speed boost now, as I can say from my EoT-rush experience. About 5%, but isn't this what y'all wanted?

Because I explored an edge of the map in 9 days instead of 11 as Wimpy Wolf while doing some other stuff too

Edited by Duck986
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 1

38 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I’m starting to feel scared for my dear Wickerbottom’s future

People keeping bringing up wicker and wx but i feel like thats such an overhyped myth.. am i the only one? those two dont have nowhere near old wolfgang’s problem imo (immediate high reward for little cost). 

They seem harmless in comparison to me when you consider what it costs for them to gain access to their powers.

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1