Winter's Feast and Wolfgang's Character Refresh Are Now Live!

43 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but children have more energy!

Because that they are perfect breakfast to get enough power to do a lot of job

Sadly every time i tried to do that i got arrested for some "cannibalism" and "kidnapping" things, they were probably just jealous of me having epic breakfast

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, ZombieDupe said:

I would have to agree with the speed modifier removal. There are already items that will increase your character's speed boost and if coffee were to be introduced into DST version (it should, but maybe not increase speed boost that dramatically, instead we could do with part of its effect also help work animations and actions become quicker) or features of the sort we would have those as options and WX-78 who is a character much more made to be oriented around direct movement speed.

It would be good if coffee was added to DST they made it longer but much less potent, maybe all coffee would give the same speed as wx's overcharge

6 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Wait you're telling me Hornete is not an adult? How do you even gain that much skill with not that many years being alive?

Didn't you knew?Kids these times got into pcs and other stuff really quick, hornete is like only 5 years old

17 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

One time I called myself stupid, and he laughed.

What a great guy that peter.

Can you send a link?I want to laugh too

Edited by Eughstein
  • Haha 2
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • GL Happy 1

At least his movement buff should have been nerfed from 25% to 10% instead of just getting removed. And his HP being 200 is fine or maybe 250 in mighty form. Big nerf sadly.

Now he is no longer at the same level of WX and Wanda. Before the rework he was S tier with WX and Wanda. Now only Wanda and WX are S tier.

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

thanks for giving an explanation but i feel like x6 damage breaks more the game than extra speed even if that allows wolfgang to do certain fights without certain items

and the problem isnt atached to wolfgang (wanda) but with every character you will release, volt goat jelly might affect certain decisions unless is ignored (which i think isnt a bad idea)

People rarely play Warly. (Though I do a lot). So the incredibly power of volt goat jelly tends to get ignored a lot of the time. But yeah, as I've said before the whole stacking 2x power boost is a little too much. They've even extended the power into other buffs like tree chopping now. Which is honestly fine but I wish it came with a somewhat more reasonable damage bonus like 1.75x still very distinguished, but drops out a lot of breakpoints for easy oneshots with some of the weaker weapons. Like onetapping spiders with spikes.

3 hours ago, Ohan said:

People keeping bringing up wicker and wx but i feel like thats such an overhyped myth.. am i the only one? those two dont have nowhere near old wolfgang’s problem imo (immediate high reward for little cost). 

They seem harmless in comparison to me when you consider what it costs for them to gain access to their powers.

It's because those three had perks that worked extremely well together for rushing ruins. When exploring the surface and getting pigskins, Wicker would give out shovels, backpack and maybe spears really early on while she gets her book for WX to start exploring caves to find ruins and with horticulture you could stack berry to give to Wolf so he could keep his hunger always full in the ruins. With WX tanking you would need less food, so less time in the surface while Wolf did the damage of two characters.

What they all had in common when together allowed them to speed through the DST content since 2 of them had movement speed and the other sped things. Meanwhile most other characters were either too simple with very little upsides or they had some downsides that were worse than these 3 had. Now characters have better niches they can really shine or some that do a lot of different things suspiciously too well.

Edited by Sweaper

New adornment form new patch, Wagstaff gives to you after beating Celestial Champion

potatobomb.png

And if you kill cc you will get your adorments ( i got random 2 + wagstaff one)

The twins also drops both of adronments

Edited by AleksyPL
  • Like 5

Tried the new refresh, and I got say that stopping to build up the meter is very jarring.i need gather resources, need to explore, I need to keep moving. I need to move, move, move, time is money baby. 

yeah-baby.gif.215444c1b3c95bc7cb795a65b197298a.gif

I tried using the basic dumbbell while fighting to build up some meter but it broke and I couldn't even go mighty (I didn't want to stop as it felt very unnatural in this game, like Wolfgang was being punished for being born).

Then I had to chose between using the little stone I found for another dumbbell or wait until I could unlock gold (which also meant I would need to delay my alchemy engine).

Later I made the gold dumbbell and realized it was still extremely jarring to need to wait, even if a few seconds, to unlock my few time gated perks (of which I have none otherwise). 

Suffice to say I grabbed a couple of red mushroom and killed myself. 

We need to be able to move and pump the dumbbells as well. I can't imagine needing to put up with this from now, to all of end game. People really asked for this...

Good thing I don't main Wolfgang.

chicken-chicken-dance.gif.92dbe9ff98fb5f18260b7bdb9384eb3e.gif

I'm not allowed to ask for speed so I'll just link my suggestion below. I think my suggestion below would help the early game and allow some needed flexibility that players can activate at a drop of a hat, er, backpack.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

20 minutes ago, Gleenus said:

Who is this guy?

He only appears in two scenes, without repetition like the other people
He has more details than other people and is kinda more blurry

Its is a reference for a real person? Or someone from another game?

image.png.28f47b2ebccbac313111bd2d71fc57d7.pngimage.png.70dc34271007e93684ae1c47744172bb.png

it's Glermz

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I just want to say, to anybody who was a fan of Wolfgang pre-rework: I'm playing him now and he's still fun to play, and I say that as someone who was very hesitant about the rework . You can get mighty quick with the purple gem dumbbell and the gym. It definitely requires some thinking in so far as you have to plan out when you're going to get mighty before battle, etc. That being said, I can't speak to how that mechanic works in a long battle where you have to raise the mighty meter back up. I know there's also the question of whether or not Wolfgang can rush all the bosses like he used to. I don't play at a skill level to make a comment about that either. I'm with you on being bummed about the speed boost being gone - I'll miss that play style quite a bit. Thankfully, Wolfgang is still fun to play.

Big shouts out to Klei for trying to provide perks to make up for the speed boost like no speed penalty while mighty and wearing the piggyback, etc. It's a tough line to walk and there's no right answers. I respect you guys for being flexible.

I'm not trying to make a comment on the whether the rework should have been done, just trying to say: it's a different playstyle, but it's still fun and, like all things Klei has done, it's funny and endearing. There's a little jingle that plays now when he goes mighty that I particularly enjoy.

Happy holidays everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1