Winter's Feast and Wolfgang's Character Refresh Are Now Live!

11 hours ago, Jason said:

A note about this refresh
When we started these character refreshes, we approached them by saying "This is what we're adding to a character to make people who like that character like them more. We made X more X-like". 

dybwogau2hb51.jpg

Edited by Blunty_x
Same thing repeated

I’ve been playing the reworked Wolfgang for hours, he is defiantly easier to pick up and play now, I do have a few gripes about it though:

#1 Stone dumbells decay way too fast for the crafting costs- perhaps reduce them down to two stone?

#2 (a console only problem probably but I’m mentioning it anyway) WHY do I need to first Equip a Dumbell and THEN scroll all the way over to it and press the “Lift” button which is Left on the DPAD?!? Why in the heck is Just highlighting it in my inventory and tapping left Dpad not Automatically starting the lift animation without me also needing to scroll TO the Dumbell in my inventory and tapping “Lift”? Currently when the Dumbell is in your inventory but NOT equipped in the hand slot left on Dpad is Unbound to do Anything.. but once it’s is moved to inventory “Equip” which is RIGHT on Dpad.. I then need to scroll my inventory and tap “Lift” which is LEFT..

Keep RIGHT Assigned to Equip…  but give LEFT the option to Auto-Equip and start lifting.

#3: The (and this one really annoys me) there are several Vignettes of Wolfgang CASUALLY Carrying Heavy items in front of him in his arms, To add further fuel to this Fire: His Current Main Menu Animation shows him lifting a bag of potato’s with one hand in “Normal form” and then conquering the constant with A giant potato lifted over his head in a “Heave/throw” position. To make this even Worse: The GYM actually does measure the different sizes of heavy items you put onto it.. So My Purposal is to let Wolfgang casually carry Mid-Sized Heavy items in front of him without needing to drop the Backpack, while.. larger heavy items will still remove the backpack and be carried on his back.

I played Wolfgang for hours last night fighting several bosses and mobs prior to this update: and then after the update dropped I Refought those same mobs and bosses- even Without the Speed buff lots of players were complaining about him losing: I was STILL able to Kill Deerclops & EoT FASTER without the speed boost then I did with it: The reason? persistent 2x double damage is just that d*mn good- Both will be wrecked in under 2 minutes with no healing items even required.

Wolfgang is actually BETTER Now… 
Couple things to Note:

You won’t lose Mightiness if carrying a heavy item so you if you need to do activities around your base (such as cook crockpot foods or whatever) just carry a heavy item the entire time and never worry about might drain.

The Gold Dumbell seems expensive at first: but you can now “Yeet” Stone ones at little rabbits or birds and then take the morsels to pig king to get larger amounts of gold to make gold dumbells with great ease.

The Gembell is equally as easy once you have a Prestihatitator set up.. because the hound waves you can literally destroy easily: Drop Blue and Red Gems which can be refined together to make purples.

(gems also fall for free from the sky in caves)

I agree that Wolfgang’s rework is a departure from his old playstyle, but I also agree that this departure fits his Theme Klei intended for him to have.

a few tweaks and great community suggestions: And what’s not to love?! :wilson_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You guys really went above and beyond with my expectations for this update, I really enjoyed the direction you took with the character in terms of improving the concept and feeling of playing a "Circus Strongman". Overall I've been enjoying the mini-games you guys have added in recent months and this update was just as fun with the new interactions. I forgot to send a message when the update came out earlier but I figured it would be ok to mention it now.

Thank you for the update, enjoy some time off, and Happy Holidays guys. :wickerbottomthanks:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1

How do I get max weight on the gym?

I currently have two marble ancient guardian statues but I've seen the entire bar below be gold with a special middle area on someone's screenshot during beta.

Thanks in advance!

I've been playing Wolfgang all day and not sure when I'm going to switch again, absolutely love him ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

It's a rhythm game. Wait until the circle hits the middle and then lift.

Thank you buy I meant how do I get the maximum weight on the gym, like which items do I need to put on there to get max effect. I saw on a beta screenshot that someone had the entire bottom bar gold with a special little area in the middle, hang on I'll try to find it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Thank you buy I meant how do I get the maximum weight on the gym, like which items do I need to put on there to get max effect. I saw on a beta screenshot that someone had the entire bottom bar gold with a special little area in the middle, hang on I'll try to find it 

I use giant potatos. You could try statues?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Right now I'm using two ancient guardian statues.

Check out the picture with weight of 8, I think I have 7 right now with the two AG statues. I don't really want to use twins statues as they are sort of ugly to me and block too much of the gym itself. Maybe I'll try two Fuelweaver statues and see if that does the trick.

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Are the giant potatoes giving you the same look as weight level 8 in the thread I linked? Two giant potatoes probably looks pretty cool and is fitting, do you have a screenshot I can see before I swap to worm to make those big boys?

5 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Are the giant potatoes giving you the same look as weight level 8 in the thread I linked? Two giant potatoes probably looks pretty cool and is fitting, do you have a screenshot I can see before I swap to worm to make those big boys?

image.png.a6f0d5c7cdd10cce79cd525021efa843.pngimage.png.a3e248003ffaa106c1414666cc598fda.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Hi, First of all I have to say i appriciate to good work klei is doing the past years a lot, thank you. But this rework is a mistake in my opinion.

1. Dst is a pve game. There is absoluty no reason to balance Charakters at all. If you dont like a Charakter for some reason just dont play  her/him ! For Server Hoster there might should be the posibility to ban Charakters. 

2. The Speedboost is almost the only reason to pick Wolfgang in long term worlds. We have wanda now ! But i chose Wolfgang for spring from time to time to move fast between the overworld Bosses.  Also the Speedboost/decrease gives you the instant Impression of being mighty/wimpy. Of course Mobs go down faster and you stun dfly but the thing you realize the most is the speed. And why should i avoid being wimpy when nothing changes in normal gameplay ?  I thought klei wanted to give players a more authentical feeling for the roles the Charakters should fullfill. ... the speedthing was just perfect for this in my eyes. 

3. The special foodmechanics wolfgang used to have were unique and his actual downside (since sanitydrain is no downside at all when you lern to kill shadows.... Its an upside (except bossfights)). Instead of farming food (which actually doesnt needs to be farmed when you know the game well eg. Getting Horns gives you meat) now you have to click and hold an item for a certain time wich is not entertaining at all. Also eating between battles and to avoid formchange while chased needed a little skill/attention what i liked about wolf. Btw. The ability to instantly avoid shrinking is important and gone now i guess. 

4. The Health decrease is no Problem in my opinion. But it was more interesting before. Things like waiting to be whimpy to heal was a Kind of nice mechanic if started a world with wolf.

5. I see alot of people who main wolfgang and complain and on the other side many who dont play him and say its an great update. For whom are you doing those reworks in the first place... for wolfgang lovers or Wigfried mains who would give wolf a shot but most certainly returm to their former char ? Also i see people who encourage you to stick with your decisions like it would be a good attitude to be stubborn. When most people who are expierienced with the Charakter say you Made mistakes it might be the truth. 

I'm kind of sorry for this critic cause i really love your game and the champion and waterlogged update this year were amazing. I hope you keep on developing awesome stuff.  Have nice upcoming holidays ! Cheers ! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 1

2 hours ago, Wugges said:

. I see alot of people who main wolfgang and complain and on the other side many who dont play him and say its an great update. For whom are you doing those reworks in the first place...

another toxic wolfgang player asuming that people who enjoy the refresh is because they didn't play wolfgang or "dont use him as his hight potential" (a very hard task, huh)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

another toxic wolfgang player asuming that people who enjoy the refresh is because they didn't play wolfgang or "dont use him as his hight potential" (a very hard task, huh)

I wouldn't go to any other main though and try to speak as if I know more about their character than them.  We see bad Wolfgangs starve and good ones don't (they massacre everything.... somebody stop em!), people call wendy very nooby but she also has alot of good tech to make her strong even where she is weak. When people only bring up one aspect of a character through change logs but not how the character plays in game it's very worrying about what they think in terms of balance.  Someone calling Wanda weak because they keep dying as her and aren't using all her abilities isn't the best person to revolve all changes around maybe to tweak her abit where it seems like a pitfall for new players but the ones who push characters to the limits can you tell more of what a character is capable of, where they fail, and where they excel.

Edited by Cloakingsumo198
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Just go take a look at most pubs, there are barely any Wolfgangs. With other reworks pubs were full of the reworked character for 10 days at least. I believe that's saying enough about Wolfgang's state.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 2

Reworks have been aiming to make characters feel more like how they are portrayed in animated shorts, and Klei Art-work, they have ALSO been making them overall easier to pick up, play & enjoy by Casuals.. that’s kinda of the entire POINT of Reworks..

Klei even stated in the beginning that some characters would be Buffed, and some will need Nerf’d to fit their wider vision for the game.

Absolutely no one can disagree that Wolfgang did not become easier to play as with this new update, So Klei actually managed to live up to their promise of making him easier to pick up & play.

The Devs have now left to take their 2-3 week holiday vacation but when they return: they will tweak Wolfgang based on all the feedback they got over that time.

But with them plainly outright admitting they intended to nerf him: don’t expect them to Reverse these changes.. Instead: the best you can do now is suggest cool stuff that fits the new “Theme” they have set for him.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

@Wugges literally joined the forum today to post their first post ever. They were very respectful and gave their opinion on the rework and even apologized for criticizing the new mechanics.

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

And here is the response they get. What a nice way to welcome a new forum member. Best part is he didn’t say anything wrong.  @ArubaroBeefalo, you know better than most that lots of people who gave their suggestions started with “I don’t play Wolfgang but…”, and the Wolfgang hate comments and memes from those people on here can no longer even be counted.

Before calling someone toxic you really might want to look in the mirror.

Astounding to me to see that the people who mained and loved Wolfgang were nothing but polite, respectful, and presented great arguments on this forum, while most of the other side did not have much to offer besides hatred and empty “this is great” or “Wolfgang mains deserve x” commentary.

This forum could really use a bit more moderation from Klei.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Ninja 1
  • Health 2
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1

Welcome to the new Wolfgang of public servers:

A character who mostly stands in base (as close to the gym as possible), exercises repeatedly, eats and finally dies of terrorbeaks. Oh I almost forgot, his biggest contribution is to throw his dumbbells at other players again and again and again, even after multiple players ask them to stop. Did I mention that this predominantly happened to players who were farming giant potatoes for them? Of course they make sure to say “it’s fun!” in the chat… because what else would you call that.

Amazing work on creating the best troll character! Thank you for ignoring a big chunk of the feedback posted on the forums and listening to the suggestions of people who don’t main or rarely even play Wolfgang (their words not mine) and won’t after the rework either.

• Thanks 1
  • Sanity 2
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 1

9 minutes ago, Cookie95 said:

Just go take a look at most pubs, there are barely any Wolfgangs. With other reworks pubs were full of the reworked character for 10 days at least. I believe that's saying enough about Wolfgang's state.

Uh, I've been playing pubs and I've seen Wolfgangs everywhere lol. 

Just yesterday me and my friends went pubbing and the entire server made a muscle gym by like day 7 haha

unknown.thumb.png.7ea007b2b3164c34cbc7799d3c3d3b73.png

We also killed a bunch of bosses like Dfly, Bq, Toadstool, Shadow Pieces and Klaus, and gotta say, I've been having pretty good fun as Wolfgang, using the dumbbells never felt too tedious or boring, and Wolfgangs other perks honestly felt really nice even if they seem small, such as no speed down from Piggybacks or marble suits and the faster working. Heck the inherent insulation when mighty was honestly really helpful! People dont give enough credit to insulation because of an unfortunate myth with them :D

unknown.thumb.png.64d435c97e828852742d2de83e1d0a15.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 2