Forgotten Knowledge And Hallowed Nights Coming Soon!

28 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

is this entire update going to come to live servers, bearing nothing besides the milkmade hat and turf crafting?

It seems like we're getting into the "big" multi-update part of RoT, like Heart of the Ruins in ANR. This update is pretty obviously setting up for something with the archives and the altars, so we will have to be patient.

Also I don't get why you only listed those two things. A way to consistently gain thulecite without killing the Fuelweaver is pretty big for some playstyles, mush gnomes are a consistent way of getting living logs early-game without destroying totally normal trees, lightbugs have potentially interesting uses, etc. There's a lot in this update even if it's not completely finished.

57 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Also, can you guys PLEASE add the ruins/atrium turfs into the Turfs crafting station, right now it feels very... Boring.

While it would make sense for them to be craftable somewhere, having it be at the terra firma tamper doesn't make sense. It's not a generic ground-creating machine, it's used to crush and mash materials down into natural turfs. It wouldn't make sense to get carefully-tiled pieces of flooring from that.

14 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

It seems like we're getting into the "big" multi-update part of RoT, like Heart of the Ruins in ANR. This update is pretty obviously setting up for something with the archives and the altars, so we will have to be patient.

Also I don't get why you only listed those two things. A way to consistently gain thulecite without killing the Fuelweaver is pretty big for some playstyles, mush gnomes are a consistent way of getting living logs early-game without destroying totally normal trees, lightbugs have potentially interesting uses, etc. There's a lot in this update even if it's not completely finished.

While it would make sense for them to be craftable somewhere, having it be at the terra firma tamper doesn't make sense. It's not a generic ground-creating machine, it's used to crush and mash materials down into natural turfs. It wouldn't make sense to get carefully-tiled pieces of flooring from that.

I know, I know, it's just that so far, for all of that effort... It doesn't feel all that worth it honestly.

30 minutes ago, CactusCompanion said:

maxwell is the only one to not appear in the animated segments of a dst trailer thus far (barring dlc characters and walter because he's so new) so........... POGGERS

Well maybe that’s because Maxwell isn’t Human.. and he is definitely NOT our friend.. (unless this tidbit of lore is no longer accurate to the actual DS/DST story.. and in which that case: I cement my previous statements about how this game franchises lore is a jumbled mess of scouring the Internet for what’s real & what’s not legit)

https://web.archive.org/web/20130319113220/http://www.dontstarvegame.com/gallery/concept-art

Clicking that link Maxwell refers to people as “Mortals” as if he himself is something In-human.

There is also This official game product description:

https://www.klei.com/games/dont-starve#:~:text=Don’t Starve is an uncompromising wilderness survival game,to escape and find his way back home.

Trapped by a Demon & transported to a mysterious wilderness world.

So Maxwell... has some dirty secrets, either that or the “Demon” in question is the thing that had control over Maxwell while on the Shadow Throne- which is now trying to take over and posses Charlie now that Maxwell has been free’d.

I hope that when we finally get to Maxwell and Wilson’s reworks all this ends up getting officially cleared up- WAS Maxwell a Demon all along deceptively playing the survivors as another trapped survivor or is he actually Human?

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well maybe that’s because Maxwell isn’t Human..

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Maxwell refers to people as “Mortals” as if he himself is something In-human.

Maybe Maxwell puts himself beyond humanity after having obtained the Codex Umbra. Outside the constant, his powers post-Codex almost made him a god among mortals. Other than that, he is such an egomaniac with pure disdain for anyone not on his perceived intelligence level (i.e. everyone), that it is fitting that he distances himself from humanity.          

1 hour ago, Rhovious Aran said:

I just wanna thank you for giving us such an amazing update, and I wholeheartedly support the decision to not update Hallowed Nights this year to be able to focus more on the main updates, thank you <3 <3 <3

I wanted Hallowed Nights to finally be on equal grounds with WintersFeast, having its own unique hunt monster like last years Ginger Varg and for the bosses to get a cool spooky makeover like the WF ones look different.

But I guess there’s always next year! :) 

Archived