The arts and crafts of the Shark!

Welcome Fellow starvers! After years and years of thinking if i should make my own art thread, well, Today is the day. 

I've always been very quiet on this forum, but to this day i shall no longer be QUIET!

I'll keep on adding arts now and then. so let's start shall we!?

I will also gladly take suggestions as well <3

And here you thought my art thread was dead! Well... It was, you probably don't even remember it tbh. ANYWAYS, its not dead!

Now, the bee queen fight with pigs. iiii never finished it, i wasn't happy with it, things were wrong, i thought i could do better so. I scrapped it a long time ago. However i still have it so if anyone's interested I've put the whole thing in the forgotten archives.

BUT, that doesn't mean i have new things I've worked on! 

Update: Have updated the thread with old, new, unfinished, Doodles, AND some ideas for DS i had some time ago.

New: **my own character and Woodie!**

image.thumb.png.bc8d3690bfa847c2e2a80a97b3d68f1c.png

image.thumb.png.72405098445382acb8fa67b2cd3d6037.png

Old/new:  

Antlion.pngWolfang is stronk!.png

Are you challening me!.png

quacken.png

The forgotten archives:

image.thumb.png.a0de2c2a4ed15bbd64a4a7109bb04684.png

Wilson.PNG

fdsfsa.PNG

Woodlegs.png

Old ideas:

Ahhh i remember these... Memories...

ampler.PNG

ss_f437b0ea96232e02468f038bd1017b4a97b5ed32.1920x1080.jpg

Edited by bugsmand
  • Like 16

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

They rather seem proud like peacocks from where I'm looking. :wilson_ecstatic:

Perhaps you should have the two running from PEngulls?

21 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Yes, let us not be quiet! Let's all be loud and proud!

On a related note, nice art :encouragement: you even got their shadows. Can't wait to see more from you :)

Thank yooouu! thank you for the support! Although it is a nice suggestion, i'll probably make it in the future. But the next one is gonna BEE very interesting, because this one might probably STING. :wilson_flower:  I'm sorry if these puns are BUGging you too much.;):D Edit: Btw did i overdo the shadows a liiittle too much?

Edited by bugsmand
  • Like 1

Eyyyy eyyy EEEYYYYYYYYYyyy everyone! Back! been a bit silent (Again, but ya know, school and stuff.)

Still working on that bee thing ya know! So i might as well give ya a sneak peek of it! (How exciting!)

I'm ALSO updating the thread with my o'l stuff I have posted on this forum, some unfinished, some old ones, and maybe some wacky doodles.

Sneak peek OOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOHHhhhh.PNG

• Like 3

- UPDATE - Haven't been drawing on the bee thing lately BUT i can assure you i am still working on it with different characters, pigs and lots and LOTS OF MORE BEES!!

Billedresultat for BEES!! meme

I just have a question really, what characters would you like to see?  I'll make a poll 

Let me tell you these piece is gonna be like the beepocalypse.

Edited by bugsmand
I had to
  • Like 1

(What i said in the top)

And here you thought my art thread was dead! Well... It was, you probably don't even remember it tbh. ANYWAYS, its not dead!

Now, the bee queen fight with pigs. iiii never finished it, i wasn't happy with it, things were wrong, i thought i could do better so. I scrapped it a long time ago. However i still have it so if anyone's interested I've put the whole thing in the forgotten archives.

image.thumb.png.87dd497e0298fa82a3f2569ea71ae69c.png

image.thumb.png.12b4f10b4f5c79da17bf8ae4ac2c5ddf.png

WIP woodie

(plz forgive me with this awful background)

Edited by bugsmand
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, bugsmand said:

image.thumb.png.87dd497e0298fa82a3f2569ea71ae69c.png

Awww, I think this character design is pretty cute!

But then. I work at an aquarium where I take care of and literally pet sharks... XD  He's both creepy in the good way, cute, and somewhat frightening with that toothy maw, but that's all the best stuff about sharks.
Is he a cursed sailor or something? What kind of perks would he have?

On 4/14/2017 at 12:26 PM, bugsmand said:

Ahhh i remember these... Memories...

ampler.PNG

ss_f437b0ea96232e02468f038bd1017b4a97b5ed32.1920x1080.jpg

Ahh, another super cool idea!
I do feel like SW could use some more 'abyssal' things.  Maybe just a rare fish you can get while trawling/fishing in the deep ocean would be enough, for all I know, but this looks awesome! I love how you made the lure look like a modern light-bulb, it fits Don't Starve's whimsical theme. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

So... Did Woodlegs become a wereshark or is this a new character?

Looks like Woodie is taking a rest?

Complete new character i've worked on concept wise. 

Yeah, Woodie's tired of chopping trees all day long, its exhausting you know.

2 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Awww, I think this character design is pretty cute!

But then. I work at an aquarium where I take care of and literally pet sharks... XD  He's both creepy in the good way, cute, and somewhat frightening with that toothy maw, but that's all the best stuff about sharks.
Is he a cursed sailor or something? What kind of perks would he have?

Ahh, another super cool idea!
I do feel like SW could use some more 'abyssal' things.  Maybe just a rare fish you can get while trawling/fishing in the deep ocean would be enough, for all I know, but this looks awesome! I love how you made the lure look like a modern light-bulb, it fits Don't Starve's whimsical theme. 

You know its funny you actually say that. Creepy and cute, which most people actually describe my art (at least most of it). I wanted to make sure he was as shark like as possible.

i DID have a few ideas of perks.

1. Can swim, no boat needed here

2. Gets fiery if starving (or) gets fiery the more he kills, let the blood thirst rise through you (that's the red eye's one's for.

- what i mean by fiery is, he gets faster at attacking, doesn't use weapon but bites and does quite the damage

3. Then i had the idea of if he's not wet he'll loose sanity or something like that, and then he would use a fishing bowl to make sure he got wet. But i thought this idea would be too complicated and annoying.

image.png.108c21d45a9e032e492434432ce1da23.png

I might actually redo the Ampler.

Here's another little doodle i did. Webber having fun!

image.thumb.png.564689311c286d429f1569097a824e47.png

Edited by bugsmand
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, bugsmand said:

DID have a few ideas of perks.

1. Can swim, no boat needed here

2. Gets fiery if starving (or) gets fiery the more he kills, let the blood thirst rise through you (that's the red eye's one's for.

- what i mean by fiery is, he gets faster at attacking, doesn't use weapon but bites and does quite the damage

3. Then i had the idea of if he's not wet he'll loose sanity or something like that, and then he would use a fishing bowl to make sure he got wet. But i thought this idea would be too complicated and annoying.

Reveal hidden contents

Very interesting. I think the idea of the 'fiery' or 'aggressive' state coming as a result of being hungry is really interesting, reminds me of how Willow sets stuff on fire when she goes crazy, or in DST as she freezes. 
Maybe he impulsively bites the way that Willow impulsively sets stuff on fire. Imagine trying to sit next to glommer for sanity or trying to swap some items with Packims... On the upside the bite would be like a weapon without durability and do fair damage, but if he impulsively attacked, he might bite something he cared about or get the aggro of something a bit too dangerous to be going about and biting. 
If you gave him a large max hunger so the aggressive state was easier to control/avoid, that'd help balance things out.

Would pigs regard him as a monster? Would sea hounds/sharks attack him? 

The fishbowl is cute, but I see what you mean.

On 11/28/2018 at 3:25 AM, bugsmand said:
  1. Then i had the idea of if he's not wet he'll loose sanity or something like that, and then he would use a fishing bowl to make sure he got wet. But i thought this idea would be too complicated and annoying.image.png.108c21d45a9e032e492434432ce1da23.png
  2. Here's another little doodle i did. Webber having fun!image.thumb.png.564689311c286d429f1569097a824e47.png
  1. That's a cute character, I'd suggest keeping the fishbowl. It's endearing.
  2. 577b34af67d58_arielsquee.png.8de2cd16c5d2465959c1f664a154ad50.pngOH NO. ITS CUTE!
      He's so tiny compared to the spider.

8 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Did he take Wigfrid's wooden sword from her victorian skin? >u>

Confirmed and canon.

On 11/30/2018 at 2:13 AM, minespatch said:
  1. That's a cute character, I'd suggest keeping the fishbowl. It's endearing.
  2. 577b34af67d58_arielsquee.png.8de2cd16c5d2465959c1f664a154ad50.pngOH NO. ITS CUTE!
      He's so tiny compared to the spider.

It's webber as a..... child..... mehhh i don't have an explanation for that, just a mistake.

• Like 1

Alright, so. working on something new. already got the sketch ready pretty much. 

So long time ago i made this Billedresultat for quacken don't starve

GET THIS CRAP OUTTA HERE. 

Cause i'm cranking it up to a 100 since then.

Behold! Ps. I also gave quacken triple open mouth for the nightmares sake, you're welcome. I think it suits it. 

image.thumb.png.bd2a92beec3b4d8b9192259f0f58bd60.png

Edited by bugsmand
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, minespatch said:

You sure meant it when implying you're cranking up to a 100. You might want to add the discarded remains of his ship in the final product to reference the previous piece.

See? I told you.

I'll see what i can do with some boat remains.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, minespatch said:

The bright colors really pop out. Also, the technique of using a dull/muted color for a underpallet reminds me of Impactedabcess's technique.You both have different art styles but just something I noticed.

If you think these colors pop out. then look at Wilson in the spotlight.

Update for the day: Yeap, Wilson is in the spotlight. Not to mention i did a bit of background. its definitely shaping up, slowly but surely.image.thumb.png.0dddb00d141d8512acd104cbc144f6eb.png

• Like 4