What is a DST confession you have?

7 minutes ago, Spar said:

I had this game for almost a month but never played it. I still read the wiki for characters and other info and checked the forums before finally playing a week ago.

Oh yeah... Somehow I forgot the real confession I had to make: I owned DS for almost two years before I actually played it.

Bought in July 2018, played for the first time in May this year 'cause of the Steam Spring Cleaning event. I don't even know why I didn't play it for so long. But hey, finally got around to it, and I'm really glad I did, since it's now one of my favorite games!

I have never beaten, Klaus, Malbatross, Crab King, Ancient Gaurdian, or Fuelweaver, I don't think I have ever gotten all(if you ignore the bosses) the loot from the ruins.

I rollback If I die.

Sometimes I delete a world, because I am too lazy to hammer things and replace them, to make everything symmetrical.

I haven't beaten any bosses in Hamlet.

Edit: Also I think I hoard (hoarde? Idk how to spell it) too much ice, like In my current world I have 4 stacks of ice, even though I have more than enough filler.

More things I forgot to mention,

99% of the time, I turn off disease, smoldering, and splumonkeys.

I have a hard time deciding where to base, I always want it to be perfect. 

Often I choose Oasis if I can't decide, even though the no smoldering in there doesn't affect my worlds, as it is turned off.

(Not much of a confession as an annoying thing, but I hate it when there are meteors or moose/goose spawn near a good basing spot.)

3 hours ago, noeticmoose said:

Pardon another post, but I forgot to drop this gem:

I'll start off by saying that I'm a woman and I really don't care if people refer to me as a dude [especially since I main Wilson, so people tend to assume I'm male].  It doesn't bother me, so I never bothered to correct anyone.

That was my first mistake.

My creative server was getting pretty popular and I had quite a few regulars; we were pretty tight.  Well, one of them was a young lady and a Wilson shipper.  So that combined with the fact that she didn't know I was female led to some unfortunate drama and made me feel like a jerk for having disappointed her [although in my defense, my Steam profile lists my actual name, which is feminine].

But the second mistake I made was not saying anything sooner.

I honestly didn't think I'd ever hurt anyone by not revealing my gender in an online game.  I figured it was just because she shipped Wilson and as long as I didn't feed into it, things would be fine.

Lesson learned: be more open with your online peeps.

i feel that one. a gal(who is a friend now) thought i was a woman because a mutual friend said i was(despite my being very clear with that mutual friend i was not just a dude but a gay dude who was married) and this gal confessed to me x''D it was really awkward, not just because she was gay too but also ten years my junior. it made me feel old and difficult, hahahaha

• I rollback when I die, even if I have lots of LGAs and meat effigies available, because the world reset countdown makes me super anxious >.<
  • I can solo-kill Fuelweaver but only with spicy Wolfgang or Winona and catapults. If a tool or weapon runs out of durability my inventory management skills just totally tank

Whenever I die in a slightly stupid way caused by my own stupidity (forget to put on armor, carrying meat near bunnyman, being greedy, ect.), I always get mixed feeling of disappointment and anger, so I refuse to use meat effigy, life amulets or touchstone and rather deleting the world or cheat myself back right in but it ends up deleted an hour later anyways because of guilt. Doesn't matter how many days the world has, I've lost many 300+ day worlds like this.

5 hours ago, gaymime said:

i feel that one. a gal(who is a friend now) thought i was a woman because a mutual friend said i was(despite my being very clear with that mutual friend i was not just a dude but a gay dude who was married) and this gal confessed to me x''D it was really awkward, not just because she was gay too but also ten years my junior. it made me feel old and difficult, hahahaha

Oof! Sounds like a really unconformable conversation, but I'm glad it worked out.  The game may be pixels, but the feelings are real.

A happy update on my post: I reached out and apologized, turns out she just lost interest in the game and didn't leave because of anything I did XD.  No harm no foul.

11 hours ago, noeticmoose said:

I'll start off by saying that I'm a woman and I really don't care if people refer to me as a dude [especially since I main Wilson, so people tend to assume I'm male].  It doesn't bother me, so I never bothered to correct anyone.

I really don't see anything wrong with this. Perhaps because I'm the same. If people get moody when they find out the person behind the screen has a different gender than they expected, that's on them. not you.

I get called a guy all the time and I've only ever made a correction once, maybe twice? Because it became relevant. And personally, if someone I don't know has a male/female avatar, I'm going to assume they match that and only change that if I get corrected. (Says I, with Webber as my icon.) And when corrected, well, that's that. Change pronouns and done.

A shipper getting upset about that sounds weird and creepy. Like, were they shipping you, instead of the fictional character? Your gender should have zero effect there.

two confessions:

- i made the Rosalina mod because I had played the existing one on the workshop and felt it was lacking after maining it for like a year. No offense to the mod maker tho, he's awesome :D even got plenty of skins for his Rosa mod while I haven't yet

- my general admiration for rosalina has led to me sometimes going as far as roleplaying as her online (to the dismay of Watermelen), which in turn leads people to thinking I'm a girl when i'm a cis male, which i don't actually mind and find quite funny.

Button mapping on an Xbox controller can lead to a lot of awkward moments-

1-Ive accidentally burned entire hard built bases down as Willow while trying to do something else.

2- Sacrificed Abigails flower to an open flame by standing to close to a campfire while trying to summon/desummon Rile/sooth when Wendy’s rework first released (Thank You Klei for patching that!)

3- I’ve died while holding a fire Staff then went to recover all my dropped belongings after Respawn tapping A to quickly pick all dropped loot back up before another player Ninja steals it away.. (A on Xbox also happens to make Firestaffs light things on fire..) So All my loot went up in a Blaze.

4- I don’t look up stuff about this game on Wikipedia pages often because I don’t want to spoil the games secrets for myself: As a Result I miss out on tons of content Klei puts into the game for people who DO Read Wikipages.. (I am not ashamed to say I had no idea you can get a crafting recipe blueprint to make actual lawn chairs and tables in this game by throwing a very specific list of ingredients into a chest.)

5- And even though we are five updates into the Return of Them Update chain, I’m sorry to say that Ocean Content still feels a bit like shallow water.

(Klei did state that Return of Them would lay the foundation for all future game updates.. so I still have very high hopes and expectations of their end goal.)

6- I erase all my worlds before they can ever exceed over a 600 day count- Either because I get bored of the character I’m playing as, I want a new randomly generated world full of things that hate me and want me to die, Klei releases a new update and I don’t like how it is Retro-Fitted into existing worlds.. or simply just because the first few days of struggling to build up towards long-term survival is still the best part of the game for me.

Archived