What is a DST confession you have?

On 9/18/2020 at 3:48 AM, TheHollowKnight said:

Edit: Also I think I hoard (hoarde? Idk how to spell it) too much ice, like In my current world I have 4 stacks of ice, even though I have more than enough filler.

You think that's hoarding?? Oh boi, what does this makes me then?

hoardha.thumb.png.4f71177bbdc2e8c1838ee0bddc8ec36b.png

Those are my iceboxes, get it? haha... sigh...

Well guess I'm a hoarder too...

I'm also addicted to rolling back, and I use it to get things the way I want it. There I said it.

11 minutes ago, Kuro_kira said:

You think that's hoarding?? Oh boi, what does this makes me then?

hoardha.thumb.png.4f71177bbdc2e8c1838ee0bddc8ec36b.png

Those are my iceboxes, get it? haha... sigh...

Well guess I'm a hoarder too...

I'm also addicted to rolling back, and I use it to get things the way I want it. There I said it.

there is a reason i keep a mod that lets me stack to 250 x'''D once i get to about 7 iceboxes of stuff i start feeling a little out of control

5 hours ago, axxel said:

I often begin prototyping things when my sanity is low enough or after finding the graveyard.

Thats not something bad, youre just making use of one time sanity restorers (Also, thats the best way to play wormwood)

34 minutes ago, Well-met said:

why's that?

it's red

Yes you are correct, but it’s not bright red or super distinguishable, how do you tell what are red hounds and what are regular hounds when a large group of 20+ Are chasing you around in circles?

THIS would be easily distinguishable- 

F162E5C4-6A30-4F64-A116-A7D0E70BDE73.png.70e23098169ce174fd5fc3813f751d31.png

Or some variation of this- 

The bottom line is that DST is getting all these amazing updates, as well as QoL changes in between updates.

Imagine if each currently existing mob variation was updated to have its own unique model.. Red hound can look more well like they stepped out of Shipwreckeds Volcano biome, Blue hound could be covered in Ice shards, MacTusk hounds could be covered in Body Armor (Saddles) like “Dogs you can imagine the MacTusks riding into battle.” 

Klaus dogs Dogs could be covered in locks and chains just like he is..

I mean if Klei is really wanting to make DST feel like a true sequel- upgrade the visual appearances on things like the examples above.

In the end.. what harm could it do to have more distinguishable looks between the different mob variations?

When I’m fighting a horde of 20+ hounds in a forest, I think it would be quite spectacular to be able to easily distinguish which hounds are going to burst into flames and light the entire forest on fire.

don’t you?

I like to hide ingredients in my crock pots. Sometimes its the only way to protect yourself from icebox leeches, and non Warly players aren't able to open the crock pots. No one plays as Warly anyway so while others are starving at base, I'm comfortably harvesting resources knowing full well that there is a meaty stew waiting for me when I get back to camp.

On 10/8/2020 at 12:44 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I can barely tell the difference between regular hound and red hound- but by the time that I do it is usually too late.

I play with someone who has bad eyesight and basically found that mod for him. But after trying it myself, oh boy does it help.

Ice hounds are white with blue highlights. You can see those things. Fire hounds are so close to normal hounds that it's easy to miss them in a crowd and smack them down in base. And considering I have a habit of not using flingos, that's a not good combo.

2 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I like to hide ingredients in my crock pots. Sometimes its the only way to protect yourself from icebox leeches, and non Warly players aren't able to open the crock pots. No one plays as Warly anyway so while others are starving at base, I'm comfortably harvesting resources knowing full well that there is a dead puppiesy stew waiting for me when I get back to camp.

You, sir, are a genius.

I've got over a thousand hours into the game and the only bosses I've ever defeated are the Dragonfly, Deerclops, Moose Goose, and Bearger. I don't really even count dfly because I was carried the whole time by other teammates.

I'm always too scared to try and fight any raid bosses solo, even when I have revive methods :/

5 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I like to hide ingredients in my crock pots. Sometimes its the only way to protect yourself from icebox leeches, and non Warly players aren't able to open the crock pots. No one plays as Warly anyway so while others are starving at base, I'm comfortably harvesting resources knowing full well that there is a meaty stew waiting for me when I get back to camp.

001.png.f74bd596e4e8a61d438a19f0f11823a3.png

I play this game mostly alone or with one or two other people and I am perfectly happy playing it mostly alone, despite how much I type here on these forums.. I am pretty anti-social, but lately I have been joining random servers as whatever character I feel like playing at the time and trying to help random people with things like base building, free Mad Moxxi Top Hats, and if I’m Playing Wendy I build random Sisturns for them to find and seek Sanity from.

Lately there seems to be this common misconception that Wurt=Bad.. don’t Pick her.. and the General Reasoning people give that Wurt is bad is because she’s a Vegetarian... 

So lately I’ve been playing Wigfrid after her Rework and I just can’t seem to enjoy her as much- I mean I’m playing Wigfrid and somehow (mostly through the games world Gen set up and how there’s no meat sources anywhere in sight) I am actually managing to Starve.

Today though I set out to prove Wurt useful- and Then realized the variety of random crap she can eat from its natural source to prevent from EVER dying over like Meatless Wigfrid.. 

Berries, Carrots, Flower Petals, Ice, Butterflies, Seeds dropped by random birds, Wurt can pretty much thrive off these things and she has a whopping 200 food points before she enters Starvation. 

A Wigfrid that can’t find Meat is useless, and it’s not that I don’t know how to play Wigfrid or how to find meat sources as her (I literally secondary main her) the game just sometimes makes sure there’s no reliable food sources anywhere in sight, And a Dead Wigfrid is no good to Anyone.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

- snip -

I admit my main fear as Wurt was Winter. Then I realized (while playing as Webber, as usual) that bunnymen drop carrots year round. 

And they don’t attack her by default. 

2-3 bunny huts and she’s good to go. 

Combine that that my normal playstyle as far as food is concerned is foraging+not killing, and she CAN eat butterflies and her food really isn’t an issue at all. She doesn’t even need a crockpot. 

On 10/8/2020 at 7:48 PM, Mike23Ua said:

THIS would be easily distinguishable- 

F162E5C4-6A30-4F64-A116-A7D0E70BDE73.png.70e23098169ce174fd5fc3813f751d31.png

This is actually a good idea, often it's basically impossible during summer ( even worse in the antlion desert) due to the colorcube saturation to see if a hound is a regular one or a red one.

Sometimes I won't drop important items like the Eyebrella when I log off for the night, in the hopes that the server will still be up the next day even though it probably won't be. Other times I'll hide them in places most players aren't likely to go to such as the ruins or atrium.

i sometimes put random items into my friends backpack when my inventory is full because i don’t like leaving things on the floor.

i love critters so much, but i dislike how annoying they get when they’re hungry. i feel bad when i have to dismiss them.

2 minutes ago, Lunabuns said:

i love critters so much, but i dislike how annoying they get when they’re hungry. i feel bad when i have to dismiss them.

Carrat was the best pet we ever had!! You could train him on exercise equipments, you could change his color by feeding him seed, you could put him on a pedestal for your viewing pleasures, you could race him in races for prizes, and if Carrat won the race he would joyfully return to you with gifts, but if he lost he would run to your feet and cry in defeat, Carrat would loyally follow you around the map, And if you forgot to feed or protect Carrat- Carrat would die and become a pile of Rot.

:( I missed my Carrat Buddy so much that I bought the Year of The Carrat Backpack skin.. That way I’ll always have a Carrat buddy to supply me with a bag full of goodies.

I sincerely hope Klei will give ALL the critters a complete overhaul- they’re all boring compared to Carrat.

11 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

When i have revivers like a tonne of amulets i let my guard down a lot and do lots of things carelessly

Me thinking: When i have revivers like a tonne of amulets i let my guard down a lot and do lots of things carelessly

Yeah, yeah, same.

5 hours ago, Lunabuns said:

i sometimes put random items into my friends backpack when my inventory is full because i don’t like leaving things on the floor.

lol i literally just dump my junk on them even when they are looking, they are way better at inventory management

Archived