What is a DST confession you have?

As Wanda I do a prefab count before starting a world to make sure there are 4 mactusks. If there's not, I regenerate the world. I do the same with Wickerbottom and resetting for 120+ reeds.

4 minutes ago, Quackkyy said:

As Wanda I do a prefab count before starting a world to make sure there are 4 mactusks. If there's not, I regenerate the world. I do the same with Wickerbottom and resetting for 120+ reeds.

Huh? I thought Mactusks igloos always spawn in 4's in the world. (3 near eachother and 1 in the Forest)

Just now, ALCRD said:

Huh? I thought Mactusks igloos always spawn in 4's in the world. (3 near eachother and 1 extra in the Forest)

I reset if there's 1 instead of 4, due to no triple mactusk biome.

2 minutes ago, Quackkyy said:

It's not a biome tho.

And i recall claims that there is always a triple Walrus Camp in the world and personally i never had any less than 4 total in any of my worlds (triple + 1 in forest) ... was this not true?

3 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

It's not a biome tho.

And i recall claims that there is always a triple Walrus Camp in the world and personally i never had any less than 4 total in any of my worlds (triple + 1 in forest) ... was this not true?

Triple mactusk is like the spide quarry, rocky biome, killer bee field, and forest pig village. It's a biome with a chance to spawn when you create a world, and only one of them can exist. It's an area where there's grassland turf, savanna turf, and rocky turf sorta mixed together with 3 mactusks in it. You are right about there always being 1 in moonstone though, so there's either 1 or 4 mactusks in a world.

when I play solo, i turn off the wildlifes, and turn off hound waves after first ingame year. 

i like building stuff and don't really want to be bothered with things lighting ablaze randomly and hounds bullying me. 

On 5/18/2022 at 3:43 AM, Quackkyy said:

use a mod to force spawn it. the only world generations i tweak is no second decidous and triple mac because f* stupid rng

On 5/17/2022 at 9:55 PM, Quackkyy said:

Triple mactusk is like the spide quarry, rocky biome, killer bee field, and forest pig village. It's a biome with a chance to spawn when you create a world, and only one of them can exist

Actually, worlds usually have 5 of those "special biomes"!
Whenever a world is being generated it typically chooses 5 out of 10 biomes from a special list and puts them in a world. Triple Mac is one of those, meaning there is a 5/10 chance of it being picked.
For those interested here is the list  :)

Spoiler

Pig Village
 Spider Quarry
 Killer Bee Field
 Flower Patch and Rocks
 Triple MacTusk
 Frog Ponds
 Frogs and Bugs
 Second Deciduous 
 Rocky 
 Four Moose Eggs

On 5/18/2022 at 2:37 AM, Quackkyy said:

I would definitely do that if I didn't play in public servers. I wouldn't mind if the triple tusk "biome" didn't exist at all, or if they always spawned, but leaving it to RNG just feels unfair

To collect Festive Lights the easy way that doesn't require wasting a Summer at the Oasis I just keep the event on sometimes and fight Klaus every ten or so days (I put him to max in world settings and he appears year round during WInters Feast) plus kill Deerclops each winter. 

It doesn't net a huge amount of them but its easier to do than wasting a summer.

I'm having a DST burnout atm and trying to take a break, but when I play other games I keep thinking "man, i could be playing DST right now." I turn on DST and don't feel like playing anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't wait for it to pass. I really want to experience the update properly.

On 5/17/2022 at 9:37 PM, Quackkyy said:

now you don't need to do this anymore for Wickerbottom

I'll also leave a confession here: I prefer to play without Wildfire

On 5/22/2022 at 1:48 AM, Guihhza said:

Actually, worlds usually have 5 of those "special biomes"!
Whenever a world is being generated it typically chooses 5 out of 10 biomes from a special list and puts them in a world. Triple Mac is one of those, meaning there is a 5/10 chance of it being picked.
For those interested here is the list  :)

Hide contents

Pig Village
 Spider Quarry
 Killer Bee Field
 Flower Patch and Rocks
 Triple MacTusk
 Frog Ponds
 Frogs and Bugs
 Second Deciduous 
 Rocky 
 Four Moose Eggs

This works in every size or just in the large/huge sizes?

Archived